Author Topic: Big Baby incident thread ( merged)  (Read 20675 times)

Re: Big Baby incident thread ( merged)
« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2008, 07:13:53 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
This has got to be one of the most ignorant posts I have seen.  I bet most of the posters here criticizing never played the game.  I didn't see the game, but what I saw was a player clearly frustrated because he played like crap.  He is visably upset, but crying, come on.  At least he shows some emotion.  I bet most of you morons remember Pierce cried his rookie year after taking all the beatings.  This was a big story then.  Where is it now.  My hope is it lights a fire under him, as at times he clearly shows potential.

I get so sick of the media making mountains out of crap, and gullible fans falling right in line.  Stinks like the whole Patriots saga.

the ESPN announcer said that he respects KG for digging into his guys, and being a team leader. but he also said the hasn't lost any respect for glen, he said that him being that upset just shows how much he cares about playing, and the emotions he feels towards basketball.

this is defenitly getting blown overboard. in a couple days baby will make a good play and KG will go psycho and shove him and they'll hit berzerker mode and high five.

as for vujacic, he got embarrased globally + allowed the defenitive game winning bucket on the same play. he was crying becuase he LOST. Baby was crying when we were killing the other team. plas vujacic wears hairnets.

« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2008, 07:20:57 PM »

Offline davemonsterband

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 160
Plain and simple, he's not doing his job all that well this season, he's a disappointment on the weight issue and from what I can see he's not going about finding his niche the proper way. He has a good, solid base and he plays well against some of the bigs in the East especially pushing them out of the block, for his size. For his size doesn't equate to anything outside of Big Baby Davis.

I enjoy the guy, but the basketball player, I could absolutely care less whether he's back in Boston next season. If a guy can break down like that, for any reason, during a blowout, I'm not overly enthralled about the idea of trusting him against Cle and LA. I know that may sound a little harsh but when a guy's that replaceable there's no reason to take chances. Loyalty is about being loyal to the team first, that means be loyal to the guys that deserve to be there, and from what I see he doesn't have a championship mentality, this has nothing to do with him crying. He's a second rounder who came back into camp too heavy, he doesn't have that chip on his shoulder that he needs to have and definitely should have, from what I can see he expects things to be handed to him. Look at Leon Powe then ask yourself why the hell do I want to waste playing time with Glen Davis? What has he done to get better? How did he improve himself? He didn't.

Come to think of it, after writing this post, I just realized I don't like Glen Davis, as a ballplayer, all that much at all. Interesting. Sorry to offend anyone about talking badly about one of our boys but I have no time for dudes like this. There's a league full of guys that would have lost 30 lbs this offseason to be in his shoes, 2nd rounders haven't earned the right to be lazy or take a free ride because of what's on their finger and up on the rafters.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 07:26:13 PM by davemonsterband »
"The Best Revenge Is Massive Success"
~Ole Blue Eyes~

« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2008, 08:15:43 PM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112
He proved prior to his rookie season in draft camps that he was capable of losing a lot of weight... and for some unfathomable reason he gained a ton of it back.   How does that happen over the course of an NBA season if you aren't a fat lazy bum?  

I think that's a pretty fair criticism.  The question was asked earlier in the thread why there's some animosity towards BBD, and I think the above explains why.  He *could* be better, but the only time he's decided to drop any weight way prior to the draft, when he was looking to get paid.

I also wonder how much money is behind BBD trying to do too much right now.  His agent was very vocal about only agreeing to a two year contract because BBD wanted to be a free agent sooner.  Now, he's on the verge of free agency and is showing himself to be an inconsistent player with terrible stats.  Perhaps he's realizing that the only contracts that he's going to be getting this off-season are near-minimum, short-term deals.

Of course, if his future contract is the problem, that's BBD's fault.  If he'd done his job and gotten into shape this off-season, he'd be a much more featured player off the bench.
Even Doc stated in an interview when asked about BBD conditioning,quote" BB does all the things asked of him when he is around us but once he leaves us and go into his own world who knows?we are not with him 24/7".laughed and went on to state it like he might be eating steak and potatoes for breakfast,lunch and dinner.As someone else said in another post,there are guys who would love to be in BBD position, just have to lose some weight to be on a championship team.

« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2008, 09:00:12 PM »

Offline Scalablob990

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 83
  • The REAL Pau Gasol
"After two minutes of an Eddie House-Patrick O'Bryant-Paul Pierce-Powe-Brian Scalabrine combination, coach Doc Rivers returned to the first-teamers."

Thats from the Globe, what happened last night was no1 but Doc's fault. Yes BBD threw a tantrum and was upset, but that line up is the most useless pile of ***t we can put together. 2 useless bench players and 1 starter who's been off the last few games. This puts strain on Powe and House, there was no reason for O'bryant to ever come in. Was not the Benches fault the lead was cut down, Eddie, BBD, and Powe did their jobs. Doc should not have let it get out of hand, and not EXPERIMENT w/ the line up when their is still a full quarter left to play, very dumb move.
True Celtic = Leon Powe

Bring back the show!!!!

« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2008, 09:04:05 PM »

Offline TradeProposalDude

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 56
Big Baby is not a good basketball player, plain and simple. His size allows him to function in roles where he can use it to his advantage. So let's not confuse that for actual skill.

Anyway remember that play from yesterday where maybe a minute after the starters went to the bench we had a possession where Big Baby decided to do his own little 1 on 5 move where he was basically isolating on the block and trying to make a ridiculous basket, but ended up looking like a fool, as he turned over the ball. They showed KG's face right after and he was shaking his head with a slight grin on his face expressing UGGHHH WHAT AN IDIOT... and he pointed his finger to his head to signal "play smart."

That's the main concern I have with BBD, he doesn't play intelligently. He relies on being just big and getting some putbacks (thanks in large part to KG and Powe giving him the space as they're the ones being covered over Baby). I think this is a blessing in disguise. Danny should be working the phones trying to leverage some of his less important assets (a la Big Baby) and trying to get some size down low. I would trade Pruitt, Scalabrine, Big Baby, and (this is going to make some people upset) either Walker or Giddens for a quality big with size. We have the PG insurance, especially with Cassell ready to suit up whenever he's needed. I don't know what kind of condition PJ Brown is in. Maybe if someone like Nazr Mohammed is looking for a home. We need a guy like that.

« Reply #50 on: December 06, 2008, 09:25:05 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
i'd talk to denver about a deal involving big baby and kleiza...i was watching league pass the other day and it was mentioned that kleiza will be a FA (not sure what kind) and that denver might be open to moving him.

i'd LOVE to have that guy on this team...he's tough and he shoots the ball well.  personally, i think it would be a win-win for both teams.
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #51 on: December 06, 2008, 09:44:16 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
well, just to try to add something to the theme here....

as i have seen is the videos posted. i may be wrong but it seemed to me that BB's emotional collapse may have started BEFORE garnet grabbed him. hard to say, but maybe BB was upset about something else and not necessarily a personal dispute with garnet.

(crappy play by the 2nd unit and he knew it? was upset that his unit was responsible for blowing a lead?)
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #52 on: December 06, 2008, 10:13:35 PM »

Offline BrickJames

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 185
  • Master Mason
i'd talk to denver about a deal involving big baby and kleiza...i was watching league pass the other day and it was mentioned that kleiza will be a FA (not sure what kind) and that denver might be open to moving him.

i'd LOVE to have that guy on this team...he's tough and he shoots the ball well.  personally, i think it would be a win-win for both teams.

how is that a win for denver exactly?
God bless and good night!

« Reply #53 on: December 06, 2008, 10:18:36 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen

how is that a win for denver exactly?

they'd be getting the next charles barkley... :P

« Reply #54 on: December 06, 2008, 11:07:05 PM »

Offline Scribbles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 107
Personally I don't care for Big Baby.  He comes across as a clown who thinks he is a lot better than he actually is.   The kid is cocky for no apparent reason.  Maybe he spent too many years in College being "the man".  I also have no respect for him, because he continues to be a fat lazy crappy player instead of losing weight.  He proved prior to his rookie season in draft camps that he was capable of losing a lot of weight... and for some unfathomable reason he gained a ton of it back.   How does that happen over the course of an NBA season if you aren't a fat lazy bum?  

Tell that crybaby whiner to get his act together or dispose of him.  

Umm if you didn't notice most guys that are good in sports are cocky. 

Also if hate him so much as you are clearly stating, please go meet up with him in person and tell him how you feel.  Tell me if you come back with your body intact, or if you actually had the nerve to say it to his face. 

As far as the weight gain, he looks the same to me, so I really don't know what you're talking about at all. 

« Reply #55 on: December 06, 2008, 11:38:11 PM »

Offline jdub1660

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
KG was quote from Hoopshype that whatever was wrong with BBD, that he'd get to the bottom of it...which could mean alot
Either KG said something too personal for a young player..or..
BBD is having personal issues, possibly with his production this year versus last...

I have a small theory...I wonder how often, if ever, that the Celtics players read blogs like Celticsblog.com...BBD is always compared with Powe and the majority(including myself) pick Powe and say trade BBD. He is young, and he could be taking that personally. And unlike Rondo, he's not putting up efficient numbers after being bashed. Eitherway, for the guy to cry on national TV must mean there's something more to it than immaturity, so we should leave the insults out till we find out the truth to the matter.
Can't stop, Rondo!

« Reply #56 on: December 07, 2008, 04:16:24 AM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
KG was quote from Hoopshype that whatever was wrong with BBD, that he'd get to the bottom of it...which could mean alot
Either KG said something too personal for a young player..or..
BBD is having personal issues, possibly with his production this year versus last...

I have a small theory...I wonder how often, if ever, that the Celtics players read blogs like Celticsblog.com...BBD is always compared with Powe and the majority(including myself) pick Powe and say trade BBD. He is young, and he could be taking that personally. And unlike Rondo, he's not putting up efficient numbers after being bashed. Eitherway, for the guy to cry on national TV must mean there's something more to it than immaturity, so we should leave the insults out till we find out the truth to the matter.

I think some of the guys might read this site, but I don't think celticsblog.com has the power of making a player cry on the sideline.  I think it's an issue inside of Baby, and when KG goes deep with him he'll take care of it.

As far as Rondo goes, I'd be more concerned about him getting a big head on this site lately.  Now that he's putting up great numbers the doubters are quickly going away.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #57 on: December 07, 2008, 08:23:01 AM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
if anyone has a reason to cry it's scalabrine...people have been merciless (myself included) on the guy, yet he fights through it.

Cry Baby Davis needs to do so as well...or I'm sure danny could find him a change of scenery, especially since his impending free agency is on the way.

i HOPE this is not some crap coming from his agent about setting up his next contract.  i know that won't become public knowledge, but it wouldn't surprise me...

« Reply #58 on: December 07, 2008, 08:37:53 AM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
well since I haven't read a good explanation of why he was crying - I'll guess that it was the fact that Doc took him out, replaced him with O'Bryant and maybe Doc said something to him.

So, now he's good and p---ed.  Then the timeout and KG grabbing him to come to the huddle.  Well, that's my best guess until one of them comes out and says it.

« Reply #59 on: December 07, 2008, 09:26:57 AM »

Offline blake

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
Truthfully, I would rather have a guy with that kind of passion vs. a robot like Blount.