Author Topic: Big Baby incident thread ( merged)  (Read 20676 times)

Re: Big Baby incident thread ( merged)
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2008, 02:59:16 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Personally I don't care for Big Baby.  He comes across as a clown who thinks he is a lot better than he actually is.   The kid is cocky for no apparent reason.  Maybe he spent too many years in College being "the man".  I also have no respect for him, because he continues to be a fat lazy crappy player instead of losing weight.  He proved prior to his rookie season in draft camps that he was capable of losing a lot of weight... and for some unfathomable reason he gained a ton of it back.   How does that happen over the course of an NBA season if you aren't a fat lazy bum?  

Tell that crybaby whiner to get his act together or dispose of him.  

« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2008, 03:06:26 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOWrYgBIPas

man i don't want to laugh but still this clip is mad funny

« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2008, 03:08:43 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
a lot of fun things there

The pruitt face...lol
the cassel indiference
The tony Allen gansta why you push me face
The tears....

Video of the year so far
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2008, 03:10:40 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
This one is easy guys. BBD over reacted and let his emotions get the better of him. KG handled it just right. The 2nd unit was getting the ripping that they all needed and BBD wouldn't stand in there and take it like a man. He therefore got yanked into take his medicine like the rest of them and stormed off. BBD will take a look at that video, realize he made a big mistake, apologize to his teammates, and it will be over with.

The thing I like the most about this is that KG showed his leadership and demanded more from those guys. As much as a leader as PP is in some ways, he never really did this kind of thing. He would just sulk. KG is most definitely the glue that holds this team together. One day that will be Perk in there. Great example KG!

TP.  Well said.  As others have noted -- it was a positive sign that BBD high fived KG when he came out.  A week from now all of this will be forgotten.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2008, 03:12:18 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
whats worst for davis is that he will have to live with this for the rest of his life. All over the net his nickname changed from big baby david to cry baby davis.

« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2008, 03:17:14 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
The bum should feel lucky to have a ring from the hardwork of his teammates.  I'm sure he goes into clubs and brags about how he's a champion.   He needs to grow up.  Trade him to the Thunder for the mascot formerly known as Squatch.

I freakin love that mascot.

« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2008, 05:06:44 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
 ;D
I missed last nights game and just watched the video someone had put up.
Big tommy points for KG kicking ass, this is what is most important.  I love Pruitt and Cassells faces, gabe doesn't know what to think and wily ole vet sam has seen this thing before. 
I think KG's reaction is a great thing, Davis ??  .  KG gets in Powe's face what is he going to do, take it like a man.  Remember Davis & Powe fighting last season?
To me this means, great Glen help us why you are here but you are on the way out (hopefully for someone with more height)

« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2008, 05:08:46 PM »

Offline fatherscott

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 9
I'm surprised at the anger in this thread. Sports can be frustrating. He was just having an off night.
Formerly scotthp49 at the old site. Didn't have much to say last year, but I missed you guys too much.

« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2008, 05:56:36 PM »

Offline TradeProposalDude

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 56
You got to suspect that KG personally insulted him.. Thats why he acted like that. I don't think he is a very good player but I won't pick on him for this. It's okay in my book..

Man, I hope that's not what happened. Whatever the case, we weren't there, so I'm not a huge fan of making assumptions like that. I will say that was an odd reaction from a pro basketball player and an adult. Yes, that's right, he is an adult.

I hate to say this (and I'm not blaming him), but regardless of what KG said, Davis' behavior was unacceptable, and I'm sure Doc will let him know that.

What kind of pro cries during a game? Embarrassingly throwing a towel onto the sidelines after rebelling against doing something that even guys in street clothes do which is huddle around the team for the sake of UNITY. Sometimes the guy really disappoints me. He isn't all that talented. Just a jump shooting loving small forward who's too fat to play the position so he plays PF-C instead.

Let's not get carried away with ourselves.

But seriously, jump shooting loving?  ::)
Why roll your eyes? have you not watched Big Baby of late? He likes taking that midrange shot, but it doesn't look good.

« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2008, 06:05:23 PM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334
  • Anything's Possible
baby needs to suck it up. he's a professional athlete.

Become Legendary.

« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2008, 06:24:42 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
You got to suspect that KG personally insulted him.. Thats why he acted like that. I don't think he is a very good player but I won't pick on him for this. It's okay in my book..

Man, I hope that's not what happened. Whatever the case, we weren't there, so I'm not a huge fan of making assumptions like that. I will say that was an odd reaction from a pro basketball player and an adult. Yes, that's right, he is an adult.

I hate to say this (and I'm not blaming him), but regardless of what KG said, Davis' behavior was unacceptable, and I'm sure Doc will let him know that.

What kind of pro cries during a game? Embarrassingly throwing a towel onto the sidelines after rebelling against doing something that even guys in street clothes do which is huddle around the team for the sake of UNITY. Sometimes the guy really disappoints me. He isn't all that talented. Just a jump shooting loving small forward who's too fat to play the position so he plays PF-C instead.

Let's not get carried away with ourselves.

But seriously, jump shooting loving?  ::)
Why roll your eyes? have you not watched Big Baby of late? He likes taking that midrange shot, but it doesn't look good.

i think his shots have looked good, just a little bit rushed. that jumper was a big part of his college game, and once he can get it down he'll be a MUCH better player. you can't get better at shots if you don't take them.

« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2008, 06:32:02 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
He proved prior to his rookie season in draft camps that he was capable of losing a lot of weight... and for some unfathomable reason he gained a ton of it back.   How does that happen over the course of an NBA season if you aren't a fat lazy bum?  

I think that's a pretty fair criticism.  The question was asked earlier in the thread why there's some animosity towards BBD, and I think the above explains why.  He *could* be better, but the only time he's decided to drop any weight way prior to the draft, when he was looking to get paid.

I also wonder how much money is behind BBD trying to do too much right now.  His agent was very vocal about only agreeing to a two year contract because BBD wanted to be a free agent sooner.  Now, he's on the verge of free agency and is showing himself to be an inconsistent player with terrible stats.  Perhaps he's realizing that the only contracts that he's going to be getting this off-season are near-minimum, short-term deals.

Of course, if his future contract is the problem, that's BBD's fault.  If he'd done his job and gotten into shape this off-season, he'd be a much more featured player off the bench.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2008, 06:57:48 PM »

Offline goz421

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 34
This has got to be one of the most ignorant posts I have seen.  I bet most of the posters here criticizing never played the game.  I didn't see the game, but what I saw was a player clearly frustrated because he played like crap.  He is visably upset, but crying, come on.  At least he shows some emotion.  I bet most of you ... remember Pierce cried his rookie year after taking all the beatings.  This was a big story then.  Where is it now.  My hope is it lights a fire under him, as at times he clearly shows potential.

I get so sick of the media making mountains out of crap, and ... fans falling right in line.  Stinks like the whole Patriots saga.

[Edited.]  Name-calling is not permitted.  Don't do it again.  -R.H.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 07:11:18 PM by Roy Hobbs »

« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2008, 07:02:13 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2525
It's always best (IMO) to assume the best when you don't have all the information necessary to draw conclusions.  I agree with those who see this as a young man whose emotions simply let loose for a period of time, perhaps frustrated with himself and perhaps simultaneously frustrated/embarrassed at being called out by a teammate.

He was frustrated, he swore, yelled, looked angry, shed a few tears.  He didn't swing fists, get physical with his teammates, throw chairs, storm off the court. A few minutes later, he made what appeared a conciliatory gesture in his high five to KG.  I don't think there is anything either to worry about or make fun of -- at least based on what information is available to date.  

And on another but related note -- BBD tears may flow a bit easily, but there is another Celtic who has been known to cry from time to time.  They call him the Big Ticket.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 07:17:12 PM by Neurotic Guy »

« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2008, 07:09:42 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
how has no one mentioned Sasha Vujacic yet?  This board killed him for being near tears:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opoLgD9kj-o

fairs fair, if you thought that was lame, so is BBD's outburst
When you love life, life loves you right back