Author Topic: Jaylen and jason  (Read 1181 times)

Jaylen and jason
« on: June 19, 2019, 04:01:37 PM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
Whoever tries to trade jalen or jason should be sacked asap..
I like how the media would prefer the celtics to be destroyed... suddenly so many articles are suggesting trades that are unthinkable...
Brown for garland for instance. A no 3 pick who defends great shoots well and will score at least 18p next year for an injured unproven not top 3 pick...

Re: Jaylen and jason
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2019, 04:09:48 PM »

Online RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
I like how the media would prefer the celtics to be destroyed... suddenly so many articles are suggesting trades that are unthinkable...
Brown for garland for instance. A no 3 pick who defends great shoots well and will score at least 18p next year for an injured unproven not top 3 pick...

Casual NBA fans don't understand how good Brown is, since his stats are deflated by playing on a very good team with multiple players who need a ton of shots (Irving, Tatum, Hayward, Horford) and others who take a ton of shots anyway (Rozier, Morris).

Unless a potential young All NBA-caliber player like Fox, Booker, Doncic, Jackson Jr or Towns was on the table I wouldn't even listen to an offer for Brown.

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2019, 04:15:27 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
Sure, I'm disappointed that the Celtics don't have a 'superteam' of Irving, Davis, Brown, Hayward, and Horford.

But all along, part of me just wanted to build around the Jays anyway. I'm already looking forward to next season, though with different expectations than I had the previous few.

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2019, 04:33:36 PM »

Offline chiken

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 15
We are starting our team around a "number 1" and the number 3 pick.. Both guys in their early 20's...  Finally feels like we will be watching our team and not a rental group.

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2019, 04:37:28 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
With the only other very good offensive player on the team being Hayward, I can easily see both Jays averaging right around 18-20 PPG next year, if not more. Not sure if that will translate to wins or not but I think it would suddenly escalate their value in the eyes of fans across the NBA.

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2019, 05:20:26 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 733

Thank You for some common sense.

Why is it so many on here look at our players as assets instead of as building blocks - any team trying to put together a title contender would love to have two very young, very talented top 3 draft picks. Who are you going to trade them for ??  Another player who is older and less talented ? Just because the grass is always greener ? Danny already made one mistake bringing Irving in here to disrupt the entire team chemistry. This time - stick with the rebuild you had going, and going well. Jaylen & Jason, Smart & Hayward. Add a playmaker PG, spot up shooters who defend well and athletic post players who rebound and defend like rabid dogs (one of which we already have). Team Players all.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2019, 05:23:39 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 733
We are starting our team around a "number 1" and the number 3 pick.. Both guys in their early 20's...  Finally feels like we will be watching our team and not a rental group.

Amen
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce