Author Topic: Spurs (42-31) at Celtics (43-29) Game #74 3/24/19  (Read 22331 times)

Re: Spurs (42-31) at Celtics (43-29) Game #74 3/24/19
« Reply #270 on: March 25, 2019, 12:09:50 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Just got back from the game and all I can say is I just want this season to be over with, playoffs included.

And right now I could honestly care less who's on the team next season or who's coaching.
Sorry you had to witness that in person. Brutal

Yes it was. LaMarcus Aldridge was literally doing whatever he wanted out there, even with Baynes defending him. And this Davis Bertans kid...I don't know where Popovich found him, but he sealed the deal with three consecutive threes like it was nothing.
I liked Bertans going into this season, but Pop has turned him into an absolute laser from deep. Hence the nickname "Latvian Laser" I 'spose

He was apparently drafted by Indiana in the 2nd round all the way back in 2011. Not sure if Indiana just stashed him overseas or what they did, but he didn't make his NBA debut until being signed by the Spurs in the summer of 2016. This is his 3rd season and has become a hidden gem. Seems like the Spurs have always been a very good franchise and drafting and/or developing players in addition to free agency and trades.

« Reply #271 on: March 25, 2019, 12:35:43 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Brad Stevens: “I’ve never been a part of a team that’s solely reliant on whether you make shots or not ... and right now that’s our deal.”

Seriously coach ?!

WHAT.................THE.....................F

Seems like he’s saying their defense sucks and they aren’t making plays. Can’t disagree with that

Bill Fitch would be a right coach for this lazy group.

« Reply #272 on: March 25, 2019, 02:08:30 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1351
Predict how many points LaMarcus Aldridge will score against us if Horford, Baynes, Timelord (and Hayward) all injured...
What's his high for the season?  I'm guessing he exceeds it because Brad will do nothing to try to slow him down.

Well you were right about brad doing nothing to slow him down...he missed his season high though which was 56 vs OKC.

Glad I missed this game too...looks like another inept performance bereft of passion. What a write off
« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 02:25:36 AM by ozgod »
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #273 on: March 25, 2019, 11:08:02 AM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 323
Just got back from the game and all I can say is I just want this season to be over with, playoffs included.

And right now I could honestly care less who's on the team next season or who's coaching.

Yes it was. LaMarcus Aldridge was literally doing whatever he wanted out there, even with Baynes defending him. And this Davis Bertans kid...I don't know where Popovich found him, but he sealed the deal with three consecutive threes like it was nothing.

I wonder what it's like to have that kind of a shooter on your team.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #274 on: March 25, 2019, 12:02:19 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

Right there with ya buddy, though I haven't had to attend any of these debacles.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #275 on: March 25, 2019, 12:39:15 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437

I wonder what it's like to have that kind of a shooter on your team.
Wanamaker is 50% from 3. but Rozier....