0 (0%)
Dallas in 5
0 (0%)
Dallas in 6
6 (13.3%)
Dallas in 7
7 (15.6%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Author Topic: Poll: Who will win? Minnesota-Dallas  (Read 4189 times)

keevsnick, LilRip and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Re: Poll: Who win? Minnesota-Dallas
« Reply #30 on: Yesterday at 11:30:42 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1036
I know ESPN and social media has anointed Edwards the second-coming, but I don’t think this is going to be that easy a series for Minnesota.

Dallas has been sneaky great since they reshaped their roster with Washington and Gafford.

I’m not sure exactly how banged up Luka is but I wouldn’t count them out.
CELTICS 2024

Re: Poll: Who will win? Minnesota-Dallas
« Reply #31 on: Yesterday at 06:18:12 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2427
I don't like the idea of Ant defending Kyrie. He needs to conserve his energy for offense. They lean on him too much to be the primary defender on a scorer like Kyrie.

They should use him on Kyrie for short stints here and there but not as the main defender. Let Conley defend Kyrie.

« Reply #32 on: Yesterday at 07:29:58 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3037
  • On To Banner 18!
Dallas will be in a great spot if they can split at Minnesota in the first two
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #33 on: Yesterday at 11:04:35 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1478
I wouldn’t be surprised if Dallas takes this series. Mavs are a lot more athletic after adding Washington and Gafford at the trade deadline. Their defense has been solid. They have Washington, Jones Jr and Josh Green to put on Edwards. Those guys are good defenders and they have size. Lively and Gafford should matchup well with Towns. Mavs have 2 players that can take over/close games. I expect this to be a long series…

;)
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #34 on: Yesterday at 11:07:49 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3037
  • On To Banner 18!
Dallas in 6.

Kyrie and Luka together are gonna make life difficult for MIN and while MIN's frontcourt is better, Gafford + Lively are no slouches and I think they can have some good games too. Sometimes you see a team go through a thrilling 7-game series only to sort of look lethargic the next round, and I could see MIN suffering that. Honestly I felt the C's had the same thing happen in 2022 after the Bucks series, granted they won the ECF in 7 games but it was pretty difficult and at times they played with their food. But they may have also been a Butler 3 away from not making the Finals too that season.

What really did Denver in was Murray being super inconsistent. Don't let Game 7 fool you, the guy was mediocre for most of the series and inefficient. Maybe Luka/Kyrie have an off-night but I'd be surprised if they had 3+ of them like Murray did.

1-0 Dallas

Kyrie and Doncic go off. But also, Mavs shot terribly from 3 and still won. Not an encouraging sign for MIN
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #35 on: Yesterday at 11:26:29 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1036
The spin tomorrow will be Minnesota needed this and Edwards will learn from the loss and he had a complete game and Dallas got lucky.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #36 on: Yesterday at 11:52:56 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1561
Game 1 played out like I thought it would and I do think the Wolves are in a bit of trouble in the series. They cannot defend Kyrie and Luka and Jones and company did a great job on Edwards.  Also, because the Mavs do not play in the paint, the interior defense of the Wolves which is such a strength of their team is basically meaningless.  Edwards and Towns may not be quite that bad again, but I don't think McDaniels plays that well offensively again either. And as I said, the Wolves have no answer for the Irving/Doncic duo. Those 2 will do well all series long. All that said, I do expect Minnesota to win game 2.   
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #37 on: Today at 06:23:45 AM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 432
Still think Minnesota will win this series in 6, now if Dallas win game 2, Minnesota in major trouble
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #38 on: Today at 07:16:17 AM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2979
Still think Minnesota will win this series in 6, now if Dallas win game 2, Minnesota in major trouble

Yup !