Author Topic: Ranking our potential SG targets  (Read 10980 times)

Re: Ranking our potential SG targets
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2012, 10:43:33 AM »

Offline TripleOT

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 213
James Anderson is a UFA now.  He really didn't get any significant burn in SA.  I don't know if it's  because they were stacked, or that he's a JJJ type first round draft pick. 

At a minimum, they'd get a guy with good size who has been around a quality program for two years. 

« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2012, 11:14:36 AM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
I really like James Anderson.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2012, 11:42:34 AM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
In terms of SGs, I like what Brandon Rush would bring. Great size for the position.

I like Meeks for his shooting and scoring.

Foye seems better than average.

Childress and McGrady have size and past success they can hopefully replicate.

I don't want Delonte.

« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2012, 11:56:08 AM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
As much as I do want Lee and would like to see the C's get some more depth, we're not in terrible shape at the 2 spot as we're currently constituted. 

Going into the season we're a little weak because Bradley is out; however, we could probably get by with a combination of Terry, Pierce, and either young of the young guys (Moore or Chistmas) or less desired free agent option (McGrady or Dooling). 

Once Bradley gets back, this need for another 2 largely diminishes.  Bradley will at least play 28 mpg once he's healthy (and at his age, there's really no reason not to play him more).  Given that Rondo's a lock to play at least 36 mpg, Doc is going to have to play Terry at the 2 for some portion of the game if he wants to get Terry more than 12 mpg (and let's be honest, Doc will probably play Rondo north of 36 mpg many games). 

Thus, with a healthy team, we're really looking at 12 minutes or less per game at the 2 spot once Bradley is back.  And given Doc's desire to utilize Green, I wouldn't be surprised if Pierce gets some run at the 2 here and there to free up some 3 minutes for Green. 

So, in short, would Courtney Lee be nice for depth, especially on an older team?  Absolutely.  I'd love to have him.  But when this team is at full strength, we're not in as bad of shape as some people might think. 

« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2012, 11:58:39 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 700
  • MASTER OF PANIC
at the LEAST we need a guy who can start for 2 months...boston cannot start terry and rondo..terry needs to be 6th man.

danny is really going to miss out on anyone out there could be a serviceable starter

« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2012, 12:01:20 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
What about starting Avery?   Terry can back up both.   I know it is not ideal but it could work.   But a good backup would be helpful to say the least.

« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2012, 12:03:42 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 700
  • MASTER OF PANIC
What about starting Avery?   Terry can back up both.   I know it is not ideal but it could work.   But a good backup would be helpful to say the least.

Avery is the starter...but he is rumored to be out until December after surgery

« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2012, 11:28:17 AM »

Offline eugen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 40
Barnosa is good, but Pietrus is much better.

« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2012, 11:51:57 AM »

Offline Brendan

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 72
Let's say they plan to get AB back full speed Dec 15.

What about signing Dooling to a medium deal, signing a vet min center and going forward. (I think if Pietrus wants to sign for the non-bird max, he'll be back BTW.)

You start Dooling, so JET stays in his role, Dooling knows its a short term thing. Then you have an expiring to use in deals if and when they come up. That might have some value over a minimum guy who is maybe marginally better, but again will play limited minutes over the course of the year.

« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2012, 12:33:41 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 395
why hasn't tracy mcgrady's name surfaced at all?? I mean, he's not a reliable starter, but i think he's a pretty solid pick up as a vet min player. Kinda like how Antawn Jamison was a solid pick up for the Lakers and Rashard Lewis for the Heat.

courtney lee is still the best available though.
- LilRip