Author Topic: Nets agressively shopping Brooks? Option C?  (Read 8599 times)

Nets agressively shopping Brooks? Option C?
« on: July 12, 2012, 01:09:11 PM »

Offline jdub1660

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
The Nets are also said to be aggressively shopping second-year guard MarShon Brooks. FOXSportsOhio

I remember there were some against throwing a pick to Nets for him as it would help both Magic and Nets facilitate a blockbuster trade, not in our favor.

But now with Lopez signing a max deal, Joe Johnson there, Brooks is supposedly expendable.

In case the Courtney Lee deal falls through, how about swapping Moore and Charlotte's pick for Brooks?

Worst case scenario he plays the Sasha role. Best case he could fill in for Bradley and replace Ray.
Can't stop, Rondo!

Re: Nets agressively shopping Brooks? Option C?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 01:12:54 PM »

Offline heitingas

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
Some GM will make Billy King look great by giving him a 1st for Brooks.

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 01:13:11 PM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 574
Prehaps the Celtics could offer them Johnson for him?

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 01:14:45 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
Prehaps the Celtics could offer them Johnson for him?

lol would be ironic

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2012, 01:32:52 PM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
After one year and they can't wait to get rid of him?

Why should the Celtics be interested again?

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2012, 01:46:48 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385

Because we're in need of another wing.

Lee is by no means a lock.

Ray is gone.

Bradley is hurt.

Pietrus wants more than the BAE. 

And that leaves us with the options of 6-1 Terry starting at the 2, 34-year-old PP starting at the 2, or one of our late second round picks (Moore or Joseph) starting there. 

He's certainly not my first choice, but we could do worse than him. 

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2012, 01:58:45 PM »

Offline CelticHooligan3

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130

Are you insinuating there's a problem behind the scenes we don't know about? Or just that he's expendable due to his position?

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2012, 02:00:40 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

Are you insinuating there's a problem behind the scenes we don't know about? Or just that he's expendable due to his position?
He's insinuating that Brooks sucks. Which should be pretty obvious for anyone who has paid attention. But, oh well, the things a handful of flashy games will do to the casual fan...
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2012, 02:06:44 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
If they can't get Lee, I'd send them the Bobcats 2013 2nd for him. Fits a need that's difficult to fill with quality considering our cap situation.  Then sign Pietrus cheap and use the 2mil exception on size, if possible.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2012, 02:07:12 PM »

Offline CelticHooligan3

• Bill Walton

He's insinuating that Brooks sucks. Which should be pretty obvious for anyone who has paid attention. But, oh well, the things a handful of flashy games will do to the casual fan...

I admittedly didn't follow him too closely last year. He was on and off the waiver wire in my fantasy league, thats about as closely as i followed him honestly. When he played the C's i thought he had a couple really nice games. From watching him in summer league i wouldn't exactly say he "sucks". I was only asking because i thought there was some maturity issues coming out of college that caused him to drop in the draft. And was wondering if the same issues were coming back to haunt him. All that being said i'd love to have him for Moore and a first. JJJ? No thanks.

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2012, 02:08:18 PM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

I admittedly didn't follow him too closely last year. He was on and off the waiver wire in my fantasy league, thats about as closely as i followed him honestly. When he played the C's i thought he had a couple really nice games. From watching him in summer league i wouldn't exactly say he "sucks". I was only asking because i thought there was some maturity issues coming out of college that caused him to drop in the draft. And was wondering if the same issues were coming back to haunt him. All that being said i'd love to have him for Moore and a first. JJJ? No thanks.

I read it that they have a low opinion of him as a player.

He put up stats for them as a rookie and they are looking to dump him. 

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2012, 02:10:16 PM »

Offline lantinm

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 38

Brooks sucks?  Really?  He's a legit 6'5" two-guard who can get his own shot, rebound, and defend.  Stop holding it against him for playing for a bad team.  This kid is a legit talent, and it would be an absolutely coup if we could get him for Moore and Charlotte's 2nd-rounder.

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2012, 02:11:41 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett

No maturity issues that I'm aware off, just the fact he plays like Nate Robinson redux (and that's not exactly a compliment). Can't be relied on, I'd rather have Lee and/or Pietrus.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2012, 02:15:16 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
Brooks sucks?  Really?  He's a legit 6'5" two-guard who can get his own shot, rebound, and defend.
Yeah, really. He's an inconsistent chucker and a me-first type of guy. What's not to love there, I guess...  ;D

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2012, 02:22:34 PM »

Offline CelticHooligan3

• Bill Walton
My first choice would definatley be Lee. It's hard to find lock down defenders on the wing. Although once upon a time we drafted one.. I digress. He hit's the three can slash and cut, also he's only 26. Whats not to like? Im just worried he's gonna cost us too much. It would be a shame to give up one of the rooks or JJJ in my opinion and a first rounder for Lee's services. The unknown always intrigues me and Johnson showed flashes in todays game.