Author Topic: CB Points League Draft, held Sunday, Oct 4, 2015 @ 6:15pm EST - cuts looming  (Read 32906 times)

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 537
There were I think 18 missed picks. I think I might want to address that next year

This was the first year we did an evening, rather than mid-week, mid-day.  correlation?
maybe and maybe not. People could still send their lists. Some guys couldn't make it like you, but other guys could like me. It's more a list thing.

Over half the picks were made, but still. And a lot of the GMs that weren't at this one were at the H2H (I think). And some guys with no picks (mkogav) still made an appearance.

Mk

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Why is cut-down date the 16th?   Is that to give time for offline waivers?  I thought in previous years you guys always just did cuts before the season, set the waiver order in Yahoo and let waivers be handled by the Yahoo system once the season started.   Everyone not on the roster would automatically be deemed a "free agent", and Yahoo's priority list handled it.   Otherwise, it seemed like a massive pain for the Commish to deal with various priorities and contingencies... having to receive everyone's wish list and then processing it manually.     

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
Why is cut-down date the 16th?   Is that to give time for offline waivers?  I thought in previous years you guys always just did cuts before the season, set the waiver order in Yahoo and let waivers be handled by the Yahoo system once the season started.   Everyone not on the roster would automatically be deemed a "free agent", and Yahoo's priority list handled it.   Otherwise, it seemed like a massive pain for the Commish to deal with various priorities and contingencies... having to receive everyone's wish list and then processing it manually.   

so we don't have 2 threads going on at the same time i'm answering this over in  the main thread.
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

so we don't have 2 threads going on at the same time i'm answering this over in  the main thread.
Thanks GC.   I know last year the cut-down date was October 24th.  Season started on October 28th.    I'm all for giving eja wiggle room. 

Season starts October 27th this year.  I just wasn't getting the math on October 16th as the necessary date. 

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Could somebody who read the whole thing and thinks they understand it answer LarBrds questions please

Oh good. Gainsville did it in the other thread. Thanks Gains
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 04:00:06 PM by eja117 »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
There were I think 18 missed picks. I think I might want to address that next year

This was the first year we did an evening, rather than mid-week, mid-day.  correlation?
maybe and maybe not. People could still send their lists. Some guys couldn't make it like you, but other guys could like me. It's more a list thing.

Over half the picks were made, but still. And a lot of the GMs that weren't at this one were at the H2H (I think). And some guys with no picks (mkogav) still made an appearance.

Mk

As Mk's video suggests, maybe they didn't want to end up like me and trade away their best player in the excitement of the moment  ;) That, or they missed out on a chance to get a great player from GMs like me  ;D

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Fwiw.  I didn't really care about the 40th pick and was driving through North Carolina during some good old fashioned flooding,  if I had a good pick I woulda been here
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
Eh, I would've gone Mudiay over Hezonja, and I would've shocked the world and gone Justin Anderson over WCS, but whatever, my bed, I'll lay in it.
Im glad u wasn't here then  ;)...I wanted Mudiay very baaaad!!! If u selected him at #5, that would change my whole draft outlook..i would selected Johnson at 6th, Turner at 8th, Payne at 12, then either Booker, Anderson, oubre, and grant at 14 and 16
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Fwiw.  I didn't really care about the 40th pick and was driving through North Carolina during some good old fashioned flooding,  if I had a good pick I woulda been here
I knew you didn't care about the 40th pick.

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • I left Indiana. Because it was horrible.
Thanks for making my picks, EJA. Since Frank Kaminsky is my spirit animal, I'm happy with the choice. I had all my blood replaced with Lagavulin, so finding a wifi spot on Islay has been very difficult.
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

DKC Bucks. Also terrible.

http://www.anchorofgold.com