Author Topic: Goodbye New Jersey - Hello Brooklyn  (Read 1353 times)

Goodbye New Jersey - Hello Brooklyn
« on: April 26, 2012, 09:24:45 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
The Nets' game against the Raptors in Toronto tonight will be their final game known as the New Jersey Nets: Next year, they're going to be called the Brooklyn Nets. It must suck badly to be a Nets fan in New Jersey today. In the long run, though, I think the Brooklyn version of the Nets is going to be a success. Only time will tell.

Thank you, New Jersey!

http://www.sportslogos.net/blog/2012/04/26/farewell-new-jersey-nets-a-look-back-at-their-brands/

Re: Goodbye New Jersey - Hello Brooklyn
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 09:50:02 AM »

Offline Jay D

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
Does anyone else hate the name Brooklyn Nets? Doesn't have the same ring to it as the New Jersey Nets.

Should change the name imo.

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 10:10:21 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
I'm very excited for Brooklyn. I think it is great for the borough, and will be good for the team.

Two side notes:
Brooklyn is the largest borough in NY (behind Queens and above Manhattan). On its own, it ranks as the 4th most populous city in the US (behind NYC, LA, Chicago and above Houston).
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2012, 10:27:32 AM »

Offline Marcus13

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 119
While I don't think anyone outside of the East Coast cares about the Nets moving across the Hudson, it'll be a good look for attracting talent.

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2012, 11:29:51 AM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
I'll be able to walk to the new stadium from my apartment which I am looking forward to, the prices probably going through the roof is something I'm not looking forward to.