Author Topic: Why is PED use treated drastically differently based upon the sport?  (Read 3339 times)

Re: Why is PED use treated drastically differently based upon the sport?
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2019, 03:44:58 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
Think LeBron has been on the juice for a long, long time.
Yep, that's what I think as well. Not just LeBron obviously. Here are 2 photos of Julius Randle, taken less than a month apart.

Re: Why is PED use treated drastically differently based upon the sport?
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2019, 03:45:36 PM »

Offline RLewis35

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 20
  • I drink and I know things
I think it has to do with the sacredness of the statistics.  Baseball loves competing eras and the records - especially home run record - are valued and talked about more than any other record in sports.  PEDs seemed to be a direct assault on the sacredness of those records and I think is why there is such a visceral reaction to Sammy Sosa despite him never even testing positive for roids (other than being on the BS list that was supposed to be sealed and leaked in part).

Clemens I think again has to do with all the cy young awards and strikeouts and maybe just wrong time as one of the best players ever to get caught since people were so anti bonds. 

I feel like all these guys should get in the hall that deserve it. We didn’t test back then so no way to know how many guys in the Hall were users etc so just let em all in.