Author Topic: How exactly does a trade with commitment to resign work  (Read 2155 times)

Re: How exactly does a trade with commitment to resign work
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2019, 12:16:17 PM »

Offline Triplenickle

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30
Listen, Kyrie is not nearly as "great" a player as you think he is.

Matter fact Westbrook is superior to that guy in EVERY way...but guess what?

They both have the same mentality and I would say Kyrie is even way more problematic.

Kyrie needs to go period...and you guys sure know how to show your age.

I guess you can go cry to the mods for an ignore button cause you can't deal with the real.

Kyrie can't even hold John wall's jock strap either, and him and Beal who yall value so much NEVER GO ANYWHERE.
This is literally hilarious. I hope you're prepared for nobody to take you seriously when this is how you evaluate (liberal use of the word) talent

You actually think Kyrie is more talented than Westbrook or Wall?

Are you serious?  He equals them only in hard-headedness...and both have the ability to make a difference on D...while Kyrie gets a few steals and is now somehow all-NBA

The truth is Kyrie rode with Lebron who controlled the offense, and put Kyrie in positions to hit shots.  That's it.  And if he was truly wise, he should go to LA.  They were a playoff team before the groin injury.

All this Kyrie fan-boy stuff is nauseating to me. He's an allstar yeah...but no where NEAR a superstar and has never took anyone anywhere...so Danny gave him a chance to do that here and he failed miserably while yall are still jockin, and trying to make it seem like someone who has sense should be ignored.

Yall lucky I can't say what I really feel on here.

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2019, 12:28:40 PM »

Offline Triplenickle

• Al Horford

They both have the same mentality and I would say Kyrie is even way more problematic.

I guess you can go cry to the mods for an ignore button cause you can't deal with the real.

Kyrie can't even hold John wall's jock strap either, and him and Beal who yall value so much NEVER GO ANYWHERE.
This is literally hilarious. I hope you're prepared for nobody to take you seriously when this is how you evaluate (liberal use of the word) talent

You actually think Kyrie is more talented than Westbrook or Wall?

Are you serious?  He equals them only in hard-headedness...and both have the ability to make a difference on D...while Kyrie gets a few steals and is now somehow all-NBA

The truth is Kyrie rode with Lebron who controlled the offense, and put Kyrie in positions to hit shots.  That's it.  And if he was truly wise, he should go to LA.  They were a playoff team before the groin injury.

All this Kyrie fan-boy stuff is nauseating to me. He's an allstar yeah...but no where NEAR a superstar and has never took anyone anywhere...so Danny gave him a chance to do that here and he failed miserably while yall are still jockin, and trying to make it seem like someone who has sense should be ignored.

Also, you know what is completely bone-headed?  Constantly ripping IT for being a liability on defense, while saying we can never win with him...while he averaged nearly 30ppg and took over the 4th quarter getting to the line at will...carrying a team without too many scorers...then turn around and bow to Kyrie who has the same defensive limitations, unable to get to the line in crunchtime, won't pass the ball, throwing teammates under the bus, sonning them with no merit to do so, and not a smidgen of the heart he had.

And his aloofness is the reason this team is not tough at all...with the same players on it.

I really don't CARE how you feel about my post because I hate yours more than you hate mine.  Trust me.

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2019, 12:29:46 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1410
  • Let's Go Celtics!

"Kyrie can't even hold John Wall's jock strap" automatically goes to the top of the worst things I've read here list. I really wanted to use another word other than "worst", but I'm trying really hard not to break board rules right now.

Terry - chill on the hennessey before visiting the boards in the future, bud. This is not a good look for you.

2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2019, 12:30:38 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
... and you guys sure know how to show your age.

All this Kyrie fan-boy stuff is nauseating to me.  ... yall are still jockin, and trying to make it seem like someone who has sense should be ignored.

Tone it down.  Make arguments, not attacks on others.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2019, 12:39:16 PM »

Offline Triplenickle

• Al Horford

All this Kyrie fan-boy stuff is nauseating to me.  ... yall are still jockin, and trying to make it seem like someone who has sense should be ignored.

Yeah, but you somehow never see the bait and borderline attacking me by quite a few Kyrie lovers while they constantly whine because someone doesn't see their guy worth anything.

The guy is a team disruptor, and as a person that wants the best team, I call that out.  Simple as that.

« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2019, 12:39:18 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144

Guys like me that only want the best cohesive unit on the floor with the aggressive "playing for each other" attitude last years team had. They will NEVER have that with Kyrie suited up.

Kyrie played in 60 games last year.
Kyrie played in 67 games this year.

Logic error 404

« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2019, 12:42:47 PM »

Offline Triplenickle

• Al Horford

"Kyrie can't even hold John Wall's jock strap" automatically goes to the top of the worst things I've read here list. I really wanted to use another word other than "worst", but I'm trying really hard not to break board rules right now.

Terry - chill on the hennessey before visiting the boards in the future, bud. This is not a good look for you.

Do you really believe the Bucks would've held Wall to be that ineffective if he was in Kyrie's place?  If you really believe that either you don't watch him or just don't have a clue.

Westbrook either.

Also the fact yall even consider me Terry after what i've posted here is kinda imbecillic don't you think? 

What would Terry know about the 80's?  Seriously

« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2019, 12:43:02 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell

Yeah, but you somehow never see the bait and borderline attacking me by quite a few Kyrie lovers while they constantly whine because someone doesn't see their guy worth anything.

The guy is a team disruptor, and as a person that wants the best team, I call that out.  Simple as that.

You TRY to call that out, problem is, most of your debate points are based on assumptions in misiformation.

No one will ever disagree with you if you can provide any evidence to your claims, but when you do state things, they are often disproved with analytics, quotes, video, etc.

If you want to argue Kyrie did a bad job as a leader, no one will go against you.

If you want to argue the team is better without Kyrie, then you need to support that, cause there is alot of evidence to go to the exact opposite of your claim.

IE:
team is better with kyrie on the floor than off
team you claim was better last season had Kyrie for only 7 games less than this season
player you state sucks has had one his best seasons as a pro, with career highs in almost every single statistic including defense.

« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2019, 12:44:15 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell

Do you really believe the Bucks would've held Wall to be that ineffective if he was in Kyrie's place?  If you really believe that either you don't watch him or just don't have a clue.

Westbrook either.

Wall has never been as good of a player as Kyrie.

He is a worse shooter, he is a worse at 1 on 1 and is worse at finishing in the paint.

so yeah, all things equal, wall does worse than Kyrie did.

« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2019, 12:47:38 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Let's Go Celtics!
rollie, sorry your thread got hijacked.
2021 Houston Rockets

« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2019, 01:07:15 PM »

Offline Never Nervous Pervis

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 16
If Danny guts this team for another season like what Kyries turned into.
The gamble of keeping Davis to sell him on Boston.The attraction to LA  may not fade .Do you risk the next decade on a player that didn't want to be here for the 2nd year in a row.

Also i read Griffin might want this trade done on draft night.
This Kyrie trade has gone wobbly and to be pressed into a trade without 100% willingness that Davis stays is irresponsible management as he may get injured or Kyrie walks and we have given up our youth.

Remember Danny, how much you wanted to give away for Winslow. Think of the time invested and the playoff experience of Marcus,Jaylen and Jayson.
Danny do you want your legacy to end with two bad trades for stars that didn't stay.

Just a reminder that Toronto acquired Kawhi last fall with no guarantees, and it's worked out pretty well for them. Also, I seem to recall KG not wanting to come here at first, and Danny still traded for him with one year left on his deal.

« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2019, 01:15:01 PM »

Offline Triplenickle

• Al Horford
They didn't give up 4 talented guys picked in the draft, and a glue guy for him, either.

« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2019, 01:19:55 PM »

Offline Triplenickle

• Al Horford

Wall is physically capable of running this league the same way Lebron did...but his head won't allow that.

And that's my main argument against Kyrie.  It's what's between the ears.

« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2019, 01:31:38 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Let's Go Celtics!
If Danny guts this team for another season like what Kyries turned into.
The gamble of keeping Davis to sell him on Boston.The attraction to LA  may not fade .Do you risk the next decade on a player that didn't want to be here for the 2nd year in a row.

Also i read Griffin might want this trade done on draft night.
This Kyrie trade has gone wobbly and to be pressed into a trade without 100% willingness that Davis stays is irresponsible management as he may get injured or Kyrie walks and we have given up our youth.

Remember Danny, how much you wanted to give away for Winslow. Think of the time invested and the playoff experience of Marcus,Jaylen and Jayson.
Danny do you want your legacy to end with two bad trades for stars that didn't stay.

Just a reminder that Toronto acquired Kawhi last fall with no guarantees, and it's worked out pretty well for them. Also, I seem to recall KG not wanting to come here at first, and Danny still traded for him with one year left on his deal.

Not quite how that worked out with KG. KG didn't want to come until we added Ray Allen in a trade, then KG agreed to an "extend and trade" where he worked out the details of his extension before being traded.

Technically, Anthony Davis could do the same (I think, or does the newer CBA prohibit this?) but he stands to make a lot more money by hitting free agency and signing a new deal.
2021 Houston Rockets

« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2019, 01:34:37 PM »

Offline Never Nervous Pervis

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 16

Wall is physically capable of running this league the same way Lebron did...but his head won't allow that.

And that's my main argument against Kyrie.  It's what's between the ears.

With his extensive injury history and inability to stay in shape, John Wall currently has the worst contract in the NBA. Even at his very best, he's never taken a team beyond the conference semifinals.

Comparing that to a guy who just made second team all-NBA, who's already won an NBA title and outplayed wonder boy Steph Curry in the process, and you have one of the more absurd comparisons I've seen in some time.