Poll

Olynyk, Millsap or someone else?

Olynyk
3 (23.1%)
Millsap
10 (76.9%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: Amir is gone, so who do you prefer as starting PF? Olynyk or Millsap?  (Read 1350 times)

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Well Amir is gone
Kelly's looking at a solid pay day. Something around 16-20 million a year x 4 years in my opinion.
His player type/size/skill set is what all NBA teams are investing in right now.

Millsap is old but he's currently a better player than Kelly by a decent margin and he'd be a big upgrade at the PF for us over Amir.

While unlikely, there is also an option to start Crowder at PF which we saw in the playoffs. He can't guard all PF's in the post as well as Millsap or Kelly, but he's a match up nightmare and can guard Draymond, Love and some of the weaker/smaller PF's that stretch out to perimeter.

So what are people's thoughts on this? Kelly at 16-20 mill over 4 years or Millsap at $25 mill for 2 years?
Is it time to roll the dice on Kelly long term or play it safe and remain the 2nd best team in the East with Millsap/Horford as our starting big man combo?

Let's say we get lucky and sign Hayward.
To be honest I'd be happy with either in a line up of:

IT
Bradley
Hayward
Millsap/Olynyk
Horford

with
Crowder
Smart
Brown
Zizic
Tatum
Yabusele
rookies

off the bench
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
You said POWER Forward. Kelly is just a forward. As much as I like Kelly there is no POWER in his game. He's like a 7 foot 2 guard that is slow with no handle.

Offline nebist

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 67
If we don't get Hayward, and IF Millsap will accept a 2-3 yr deal, I think pursuing him is a no-brainer. 

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
You said POWER Forward. Kelly is just a forward. As much as I like Kelly there is no POWER in his game. He's like a 7 foot 2 guard that is slow with no handle.

Thanks for your insightful input. Go away please.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2958
  • On To Banner 18!
Millsap at age 32 >>>> Kelly Olynyk

Olynyk had a fantastic Game 7, and we thank him for that. But he pretty much vanished every other playoff game, and frankly I get sick of seeing opposing third string bigs beat up on him...

He has a unique skillset and can stretch the floor you say? BRAVO!

Can't rebound. Can't guard opposing bigs in the paint. Can't assert himself in the paint.

When he isn't knocking down the open look 3s, he's a LIABILITY out there most games..

I think Millsap at a 3 year deal would be fair in that case.

"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550
Millsap. I would give him a three year max taking him off the books the same year as Horford. Problem is I think someone may get crazy and give him four years.

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 661
  • MASTER OF PANIC
KO is not a starter in this league.

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan

Thanks for your insightful input. Go away please.

BTW I voted for Millsap

Offline chiken Green

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 75
Kinda hurts my heart to say this because I really like the guy and I still believe (though not as much) that one day he can be consistantly awesome....  but I would not hurt if he played elsewhere next year..

Milsap though.. is that the best out there? (so old)