Author Topic: The all-purpose "feel good" / pep rally / "optimism only" thread  (Read 608039 times)

Re: The all-purpose "feel good" / pep rally / "optimism only" thread
« Reply #930 on: February 27, 2020, 10:28:24 AM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
That great refreshing feeling of 5 players that can go nuclear on any given night.
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #931 on: February 27, 2020, 10:55:40 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
That great refreshing feeling of 5 players that can go nuclear on any given night.
I  also like the excitement of knowing Tatum is going to go nuclear every single night from here on out!
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #932 on: February 27, 2020, 11:08:06 AM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
I  also like the excitement of knowing Tatum is going to go nuclear every single night from here on out!

Tatum has been nuclear ever since he was selected to the all star game.  It’s been awesome to watch. 

« Reply #933 on: September 20, 2020, 07:23:55 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
Hey folks,

I don't know where to put this message but I think the optimism thread is a good place. I want to apologize for my attitude for the past couple of days. What I said doesn't reflect how I truly feel, it's just that I was shocked at the effort the Celtics had played for the first two games. It was wrong and I should have calmed down before doing stupid hot takes that I don't even believe. I'm fine now and hoping that the Celtics will pull through.

« Reply #934 on: September 20, 2020, 07:35:00 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
Hey folks,

I don't know where to put this message but I think the optimism thread is a good place. I want to apologize for my attitude for the past couple of days. What I said doesn't reflect how I truly feel, it's just that I was shocked at the effort the Celtics had played for the first two games. It was wrong and I should have calmed down before doing stupid hot takes that I don't even believe. I'm fine now and hoping that the Celtics will pull through.

TP for you.

You're like Hagrid now. Someone who said too much, but a genuine good guy.

« Reply #935 on: December 28, 2020, 01:03:03 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
In trying to come up with some good in Celticsblog, I propose re opening this thread again. ;D So any positive stuff you all want to share?

« Reply #936 on: December 28, 2020, 01:25:38 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
In trying to come up with some good in Celticsblog, I propose re opening this thread again. ;D So any positive stuff you all want to share?

Wannamaker is gone  :)

I like Pritchards game.  He is aot better Point with a good passing 1/2 court vision
« Last Edit: December 28, 2020, 02:54:59 PM by SHAQATTACK »

« Reply #937 on: December 28, 2020, 01:49:34 PM »

Offline nyceltsfan

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 31
Payton Pritchard looks like a gamer.  Jaylen Brown is constantly improving.  We actually have a rebounder in the starting lineup.

I have a feeling that in a couple of weeks, we may get better from getting worse, too.  Tatum may be humbled into playing better team ball and we may switch Smart to the bench in favor of Teague for better synergy.

« Reply #938 on: December 28, 2020, 02:27:05 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

I really liked what I saw from Robert Williams last night, save for his defensive screw up (also Grant Williams) on the Sabonis game winner.

Payton Pritchard already looks like a player who is going to be in the rotation for a long time.

Jeff Teague seems really steady and assertive, to me.  I guess it shouldn't be a surprise because he was an All-Star not THAT long ago.  He's got the confidence of an established vet.  He's limited in what he can do defensively and can't really beat anybody off the dribble, but I find myself trusting him when he's got the ball.

Tristan Thompson is such a great fit.  Could have really used him the last couple of years.

Jaylen Brown just keeps getting better.  He's a guy I expect to add something to his game every single off-season.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #939 on: December 28, 2020, 02:30:44 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
Tatum has had "off nights" during these first 3 games and still managed to become a positive influence and work through it.

Tatum actually made an impact in the first half last night.

Brown's midrange game is looking elite.

Pritchard looks like he'll be a very good 8th guy by the end of the year.

Thompson and Teague are what we hoped they'd be. Thompson will only get better as he finds things that work for him in our offense.

Grant has made more 3's this season than he did during the first 1/3 of last season.

Smart is making way better decisions with his shot-making.

The players are saying all the right things.

We beat the Bucks.

« Reply #940 on: December 28, 2020, 02:54:13 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469

I really liked what I saw from Robert Williams last night, save for his defensive screw up (also Grant Williams) on the Sabonis game winner.

Payton Pritchard already looks like a player who is going to be in the rotation for a long time.

Jeff Teague seems really steady and assertive, to me.  I guess it shouldn't be a surprise because he was an All-Star not THAT long ago.  He's got the confidence of an established vet.  He's limited in what he can do defensively and can't really beat anybody off the dribble, but I find myself trusting him when he's got the ball.

Tristan Thompson is such a great fit.  Could have really used him the last couple of years.

Jaylen Brown just keeps getting better.  He's a guy I expect to add something to his game every single off-season.

agree on all of those points.  We may not have the win total we want by mid season, but I think by the time the playoffs get here, we will again be a tough out.  It feels like we have a better balance this year than last year.  We just need two things to happen:  1) Kemba will need to come back and be at least 80%  2) young guys need to continue to develop - and I don't mean become all stars, just good incremental development from Timelord, Grant Williams, Langford and PP.  If those 4 can become dependable role players it would really help.

« Reply #941 on: January 23, 2021, 02:17:26 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
The team may not be as good as some would have hoped, but I'm confident that the Celtics will make the playoffs. And if they have a lesser record than last year, it means that our draft pick will be better and be worth more as an trading asset.

« Reply #942 on: July 01, 2021, 12:01:37 AM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
Reviving this thread for a bit, but I personally it harder to be on this site now and days. The constant thrashing of the Celtics own players which can be very grating and of course others things I won't talk about. But I'm just wondering if there's anything good that people can see? Or it's always to going to be gloom and doom on Celticsstrong?

« Reply #943 on: July 01, 2021, 12:10:53 AM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1416
Reviving this thread for a bit, but I personally it harder to be on this site now and days. The constant thrashing of the Celtics own players which can be very grating and of course others things I won't talk about. But I'm just wondering if there's anything good that people can see? Or it's always to going to be gloom and doom on Celticsstrong?

I can’t wait for next season. Udoka seems like he’s going to be a solid coach, Brad has been impressive thus far as GM. Horford should fit in seamlessly with Jaylen and Jayson. I’m excited to see how Smart plays as the full time point guard, plus seeing Timelord and Romeo continue to develop. Hoping that the C’s can drop the dead weight on the bench and add 3-4 legit NBA players. There’s a lot to look forward to.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #944 on: July 01, 2021, 02:02:32 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

I don't know, I think people in general are excited for what's coming. In general people always will point out the negatives and the corrective actions they deem necessary, that's always going to be there.

For my part, it's been quite a few years since I've wanted to listen to Celtics podcasts and what not. I used to not miss Celtics Stuff Life, the Garden Report, etc. but stopped because it was just frustrating to listen and what not.

But right now, I'm quite upbeat for whatever may come.