Author Topic: Guilty Pleasure Movies  (Read 28184 times)

Re: Guilty Pleasure Movies
« Reply #75 on: September 02, 2016, 04:28:44 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
Most unintentional comedy of roadhouse is the old man looking out the window at a shirtless Swayze doing tai chi and he shakes his head and wipes his brow like " he's so amazing!" ❤️❤️❤️

« Reply #76 on: September 02, 2016, 05:03:45 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
Just Friends. The shallowest movie I've ever seen, but I love it. It is so freaking stupid but it knows it is so freaking stupid because the humor itself is pretty harmless throughout the movie. I also love it because let's face it, who here hasn't been friend zoned by that girl they were crazy about back in high school? Granted, the whole movie was extremely unrealistic because the lesson is if you were that fat and/or unpopular kid in high school that got friend zoned by the hottest girl in school, just turn into Ryan Reynolds and (Spoiler Warning) she'll change her mind! However seeing the guy end up with the girl he loved in high school is admittingly kind of heartwarming.

Another reason why I love it is because Ryan Reynolds character is likable and witty which made him look more and more like the perfect choice for Deadpool.

Likable cast, has some good laughs and a VERY relatable premise but very shallow and unrealistic, but man I'd be lying if I said I don't enjoy watching it again and again.

« Reply #77 on: September 02, 2016, 05:22:10 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Conan the Barbarian still my favorite

« Reply #78 on: September 16, 2016, 03:33:53 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
Surviving the game with Ice T. I can't explain why I like this movie but I do.

« Reply #79 on: September 16, 2016, 03:45:02 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906

Is that the one with Gary Busey where they hunt Ice T's homeless character? If so, yes, that was an excellent movie.

« Reply #80 on: September 16, 2016, 04:24:49 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
This one came up in the "favorite movies of all time" thread.  Patrick Swayze and Keanu Reeves in POINT BREAK.  A simply awful movie with a terrible script and mediocre acting.  Love it!

« Reply #81 on: September 16, 2016, 04:29:37 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Most unintentional comedy of roadhouse is the old man looking out the window at a shirtless Swayze doing tai chi and he shakes his head and wipes his brow like " he's so amazing!" ❤️❤️❤️

The most unintentional comedy for me is when the bad karate guy (can't remember name, who cares) is fighting Swayze and says "I used to BLEEP guys like you in prison!" 

It's like the equivalent of Happy Gilmore's "I eat pieces of 'poop' like you for breakfast." "You eat pieces of 'poop' for breakfast?" exchange.

« Reply #82 on: September 16, 2016, 05:06:11 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney

Is that the one with Gary Busey where they hunt Ice T's homeless character? If so, yes, that was an excellent movie.

That's the one.

« Reply #83 on: September 16, 2016, 05:06:47 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney

The most unintentional comedy for me is when the bad karate guy (can't remember name, who cares) is fighting Swayze and says "I used to BLEEP guys like you in prison!" 

It's like the equivalent of Happy Gilmore's "I eat pieces of 'poop' like you for breakfast." "You eat pieces of 'poop' for breakfast?" exchange.

Haha! Forgot about that .

« Reply #84 on: September 16, 2016, 05:12:46 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
Over the Top.
I have a friend who when you ask him what he's doing this weekend ,he uses plot summaries from bad 80's movies like, " I'm entering an arm wrestling competition in Reno. If I win I get a monster truck, and can win custody of my son back." Cracks me up.

« Reply #85 on: November 11, 2017, 12:21:34 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
Added Alatriste (2006) to my list: valiant soldiers fighting for religion and women in early 17th cent Spain. Catholics should enjoy it, as it includes a number of insults against protestant heretics. Not recommended to Protestants, esp. if Dutch unless they want to laugh with the historical inaccuracies.

There is a subtitled version on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SX-y87nmZnc

And it had enough success in Spain to revive interest in the period, this painting for example was inspired from the depiction of the Battle of Rocroi in the movie.

« Reply #86 on: February 11, 2019, 08:30:28 AM »

Offline camW00dS

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 1
  • hi there
Zombeavers  ;D

« Reply #87 on: February 11, 2019, 08:36:27 AM »

Offline drooldaddy

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 7
Can’t explain why but the movie “Fired Up”

« Reply #88 on: February 11, 2019, 09:19:27 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
I feel no guilt about this but the movie that comes to mind first is The Rundown.

The Rock is great in it (he doesn't use guns because they make him too badass!), Christopher Walken is hilarious, peak Rosario Dawson, Sean William Scott doing his thing (for whatever that's worth to you), and it's before Pete Berg started relying too much on the shakey-cam, coke-editing he likes so much now. So much fun but I feel like I'm the only one.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #89 on: February 11, 2019, 10:10:26 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I feel no guilt about this but the movie that comes to mind first is The Rundown.

The Rock is great in it (he doesn't use guns because they make him too badass!), Christopher Walken is hilarious, peak Rosario Dawson, Sean William Scott doing his thing (for whatever that's worth to you), and it's before Pete Berg started relying too much on the shakey-cam, coke-editing he likes so much now. So much fun but I feel like I'm the only one.
you're not the only one.  love that movie. probably still my favorite Rock movie

oh, one other thing, Rosario Dawson has never not been "peak".  ;)