Author Topic: Rozier - Smith Jr  (Read 3950 times)

Re: Rozier - Smith Jr
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2019, 09:13:44 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Dallas says no, without even thinking about it.

Smith is younger and less experienced, but on a per-possession basis he's scoring more points, getting more assists, adding more steals, and shooting much better, both overall and from 3PT.  The only quantifiable things that Rozier does better right now are rebound and hold onto the ball.

Add to that Rozier's pending free agency, and it's pretty much a no-brainer for Boston.

Dont forget that Rozier travels with the team, and DSJ is sitting at home.

And its not just about individual talent, as DSJ is the better player 10 out of 10 times, easily, but Rozier is a much much better fit alonside Luka, like an ideal fit actually.

I don't think Rozier works that well with Doncic.  They both need the ball in their hands.  Rozier is only an average NBA player if he's starting at PG.  Otherwise, he's mid-bench, at best.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2019, 09:25:45 AM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
Dallas says no, without even thinking about it.

Smith is younger and less experienced, but on a per-possession basis he's scoring more points, getting more assists, adding more steals, and shooting much better, both overall and from 3PT.  The only quantifiable things that Rozier does better right now are rebound and hold onto the ball.

Add to that Rozier's pending free agency, and it's pretty much a no-brainer for Boston.

Dont forget that Rozier travels with the team, and DSJ is sitting at home.

And its not just about individual talent, as DSJ is the better player 10 out of 10 times, easily, but Rozier is a much much better fit alonside Luka, like an ideal fit actually.

I don't think Rozier works that well with Doncic.  They both need the ball in their hands.  Rozier is only an average NBA player if he's starting at PG.  Otherwise, he's mid-bench, at best.

I've counted plenty of times this season where Rozier takes the ball up and refuses to pass to Hayward at the top of the key which to my amateur eye seems like he's breaking the offense so that he can pound the air out of the ball and put up a bad shot.

I can only imagine Carlisle would watch that on film and want Terry no where near his franchise cornerstone Doncic.

« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2019, 09:57:59 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Rozier & Doncic

I think Terry would work well with Luka. Rozier needs the ball in his hands some of the time. Not all the time. Rozier will be at his best alongside a playmaking 2/3/4. A player who allows Rozier to be more of a secondary ball-handler in the halfcourt. Rozier isn't a good enough playmaker to be the main creator for any team. He is a scoring combo guard. Not a real PG.

Rozier is willing passer. Not an overly intelligent passer and certainly not a creative passer but he is a willing passer. I think he is getting too much criticism for non-passing which I do not think is accurate. Rozier makes 40 passes a game in 22mpg vs Kyrie at 50 passes in 32 minutes.

Rozier won't create much for his teammates but he will share the ball and give others opportunities to create for themselves.

Rozier & Carlisle

I agree with everyone else who said this pairing is a problem. Rozier is too wild / erratic for Carlisle. Carlisle likes controlled guards. I think he'd have a tough time dealing with Rozier.

At least Rozier doesn't turn over the ball. That is Carlisle's biggest no-no on offense. Still, hard to see those two working out.