Author Topic: Superhero/Comics Movie Thread  (Read 165402 times)

Offline SquishPCfriar

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 28
  • It's hammer time
I saw the Avengers last week at a pre screening here in CT.  The movie was incredible.  Best comic book movie of all time. 

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline KY Celts fan

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 7
I'm honestly getting jittery because I'm so anxious to see The Avengers.

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 170
I'm honestly getting jittery because I'm so anxious to see The Avengers.

LOL TP. I'm beyond anxious. And the positive reviews are only making more so. I honestly considered going to London last weekend just so I could watch it earlier but I had volunteer work I couldn't shirk. Sigh Friday cannot get here soon enough.
Tommy: He's got a line about me. Tell him the line.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
The newest Spiderman trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7ncrirX8Ms

I'm not digging the CGI.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
The new Spiderman will flop, I think.  Not a lot of positive buzz around it.  The market's pretty saturated with superhero movies, and people aren't going to be too excited about a reboot of a series that started 10 years ago.

Batman will make a boatload of money, and Avengers will probably do well too, but not quite as well.

One factor here, The female lead being played by Emma Stone.  My girlfriend wants to see it just because of that, then the other night she talked about it when we were out with friends and several other girls agreed.  Could be an x-factor
The previous Spiderman movies also pulled in women by having people who can act and the prominence of a genuine romance.

I can't wait for the next Batman. The reboot has been incredible through the first 2 movies. Dang what a dunk by JR Smith!

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
really looking forward to the Avengers because it hasn't been done yet.  Seen lots of Batman and Spidey movies already.

Batman is sounding like a great movie from the early buzz but I find it hard to believe any Batman villain will be as good as Ledger's Joker.  I'll probably be watching the movie thinking 'Ledger was better'.

I liked how they handled the Spidey and Spidey II movies.  III was ok but that was enough.  Not ready for a reboot yet.  Spidey's my favorite comic character but I think it'll suffer as part of a superhero glut this summer.

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
I am avengers fully declared fan

I need more and more and more and more of the teamed up superheroes

League of Justice i cant wait.................

p.s. Isnt spidey a new avenger............ :x
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 170
I am avengers fully declared fan

I need more and more and more and more of the teamed up superheroes

League of Justice i cant wait.................

p.s. Isnt spidey a new avenger............ :x

I know! Superheroes are so much more fun when they team up. I'm not really a fan of the DC heroes individually but I like them in the Justice League teams up.

Well I've seen the Avengers twice already and it well worth the wait in my opinion. I really like what Marvel studios is doing and I wish they had the movie rights to all their characters.
Tommy: He's got a line about me. Tell him the line.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Actually I'm expecting the Hobbit to blow away all three

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

The Nolan Batman trilogy (at least so far) is as great as the LOTR trilogy (at least the extended editions), just in different ways.  Both have been about as perfect as possible for their genre.  

The Hobbit will be awesome, but I'm betting Batman will be, too.

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

The Nolan Batman trilogy (at least so far) is as great as the LOTR trilogy (at least the extended editions)
Shut yo mouth!   

I give you Dark Knight was unreal in the realm of superhero films, but I'm thinking 100 years from now people will be watching LOTR and not so much Dark Knight.

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

The Nolan Batman trilogy (at least so far) is as great as the LOTR trilogy (at least the extended editions)
Shut yo mouth!  

I give you Dark Knight was unreal in the realm of superhero films, but I'm thinking 100 years from now people will be watching LOTR and not so much Dark Knight.
have to agree to a point.  LOTR is better.  Batman movies so far have been great superhero movies but LOTR was better.  One major reason it's better is that it had to live up to the unbelievable quality of the books whereas none of the superhero movies have that restriction.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 07:59:37 PM by slamtheking »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

Shut yo mouth!  

have to agree to a point.  LOTR is better.  Batman movies so far have been great superhero movies but LOTR was better.  One major reason it's better is that it had to live up to the unbelievable quality of the books whereas none of the superhero movies have that restriction.
I liked Batman Begins but didn't see it as masterpiece or anything. Dark Knight's greatness is entirely dependent on Heath Ledger's virtuoso acting (that may be the thing studied 100 years from now) and to a lesser extent to very very good writing, and I don't think that will repeat like that.

Technologically LOTR is a marvel, especially for its time.

Offline Brendan

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 72
I think its a total mistake that they stick to basically the straight forward narratives:

XMEN v Magneto, Spiderman Origin through Venom, Origin Stories, etc.

Hulk reboot was great because it was a bit more off script... but, but, but -

there is a TON of content in there and they keep trying to fit like 100 comic story arch into a single movie. Why bother? Right something original - be it a wolverine + spiderman story, or something similar. So much cooler to take the characters and get outside the normal story arch. We have endless cartoons, cartoon movies, other movies, and the comics themselves.

Tell some tangents instead of endlessly rebooting.

(Although they tried this with Superman Returns and it stunk - so maybe I'm wrong.)