Author Topic: Steve McNair Found Dead!  (Read 13291 times)

Re: Steve McNair Found Dead!
« Reply #45 on: July 05, 2009, 01:38:01 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
How about members don't attack mods AND mods don't attack members? I see a lot of people team up against members which I feel is wrong too.
The problem with online communication is we are less likely to give each other the benefit of the doubt. There is no embarrassment in having an all-caps title edited once. The original poster actually seemed to move on on the first page of this thread and everything should have been fine. Then we had third parties jump in.

There is nothing worth arguing about. We can argue about every policy in every organization if we want if someone wants to play devil's advocate. Instead of having ego wars, communicate suggestions in the proper venue. It is a bit striking when someone with 12 posts starts telling long time mods what the rules should be, but suggestions are great in the proper forum.

« Reply #46 on: July 05, 2009, 02:32:41 PM »

Offline Champzilla

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 102
I found it a bit striking last year when lakers fans just joined the blog and started fights with members who have been here for years. The celtics fans were the one's being punished not the laker fans who just joined.  I got suspended for saying I don't like Kobe (character reasons) on a CELTICS blog. I think making personal attacks against mods or members is wrong, but sometimes things just get blown out of proportion.
Boston is the Greatest City in the World !!!

« Reply #47 on: July 05, 2009, 04:40:13 PM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • ranter
I found it a bit striking last year when lakers fans just joined the blog and started fights with members who have been here for years. The celtics fans were the one's being punished not the laker fans who just joined.  I got suspended for saying I don't like Kobe (character reasons) on a CELTICS blog. I think making personal attacks against mods or members is wrong, but sometimes things just get blown out of proportion.

why are we rehashing old arguments here?  (not to mention twisting facts and misrepresenting what actually happened)

you have an issue with the mods and how they run the show, email or PM me and I'll talk you through it - if anything needs to be worked out with the mod in question, we'll all work it out like adults rather than ruining a thread like this one

locking this devloved thread and starting a new one about McNair
Faith and Sports - an essay by Jeff Clark

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)