Author Topic: NBA 2k13 All-Purpose Thread  (Read 33250 times)

Re: NBA 2k13 All-Purpose Thread
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2012, 12:16:57 AM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
Ok i have it on 360 great game but there's a bug. After my first myplayer NBA game the game freezes! Looks to be happening to a lot of people. Really upsetting me! Anyone who wants to play my gamertag is ucanes32 but also let me know if you run into the same problem

« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2012, 02:27:11 AM »

Offline edwardjkasche

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 38
Got it today for the Wii.  [Laugh all you want.  I'm a Mario fan and love playing with the classic controller.]

- First, the NEW ROSTERS come out this weekend, according to game websites and twitter.  So, the updated "Darko Plus" team will be available this weekend.  Hopefully, they update all trades, fix the Green as starting PF and Ray Allen as starting SF issues.  If not, we lazy video game players can.

- Second, I am annoyed that they haven't updated the commentary.  Stupid Clark Kellog or Craig Sager or whoever says the same dumb nonsense he said on NBA2K11... which brings me to me next point.

- Third, I own NBA2K11 and now NBA2K13.  I know each year;s game is aimed toward some nostalgic point.  2K11 was Jordan.  2K13 is Dream Team and some classic games.

CAN YOU GUYS (AND GALS) HELP ME?  Is it worth buying 2K12 for the Larry Bird connection???

I love playing as the old Celtics teams on 2K13, but they're limited.  I think the 2K12 game has more Bird-related games/teams. 

Can you let me know in this forum?  If the 2K12 game has more Bird-related games/teams I will buy it.

Thanks.

p.s. I find it lame that in the "old school" games players dunk with ease.  I'd rather see layups.  However, I wonder how guys like Satch Sanders and Heinsohn feeling when their characters dunk with ease.

« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2012, 02:47:20 AM »

Offline Celts Fan 92

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 122
love da game went 2-0 online today but only downside was my career freezin after 1 game 2K editors said they trynna find a solution cuz a lot of people heated wit em im salty cuz i had 13 points 6 rebounds nd 6 assist wit my player lls

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2012, 04:21:56 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Ehh is it just me or does it feel more offense oriented this year?

Cross over left pull up, or right and pull up everything is going in
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2012, 05:07:18 AM »

Offline perrin_goldeneyes

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 8
I've played two games yesterday evening and I'm still getting used to the new controls. The gameplay itself seemed great (as far as I could tell after two games of course).

But they again have a bug in the statistics part of the game (though not as bad as last year where in association mode your team would have e.g. 90 apg, 80 rpg etc...).
Now the gametrack feature at the end of the game does not have the same stats as the global team stats for that game.
I can't understand how you can not see this as a development team, or see it, but then not care about it. I am a software engineer myself, and when you implement a feature, you test it and if it doesn't work, you fix it (or if you can't fix it, leave it out). I thought this was common sense, but apparently it's not. I'm not even getting my hopes up that they will fix this, seeing as they didn't address the team stats bug last year either.

But at least the team stats are correct in the association, which I find more important, so it's a minor complaint really.

I also like how the game analyzes how you play, and gives you feedback on the MyPlayer screen. It told me I play at a low pace, have a good inside/outside game, but that I do not pass a lot (which I find strange, because I usually have quiet a lot of assists).

Also important to note: the pc version doesn't have MyTeam :( This is a major setback in my opinion. I looked forward to trying that mode.

« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2012, 06:03:04 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
My oldest son loves it...he believes it's better than 2k12.

I haven't had the opportunity to play it yet, though.

« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2012, 06:18:05 AM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
Also what is aciii? Ancient civilizations 3?

Assassins Creed 3.  If you enjoy history with a twist, try this out.  It's going to be awesome.

Got it today for the Wii.  [Laugh all you want.  I'm a Mario fan and love playing with the classic controller.]

- First, the NEW ROSTERS come out this weekend, according to game websites and twitter.  So, the updated "Darko Plus" team will be available this weekend.  Hopefully, they update all trades, fix the Green as starting PF and Ray Allen as starting SF issues.  If not, we lazy video game players can.

- Second, I am annoyed that they haven't updated the commentary.  Stupid Clark Kellog or Craig Sager or whoever says the same dumb nonsense he said on NBA2K11... which brings me to me next point.

- Third, I own NBA2K11 and now NBA2K13.  I know each year;s game is aimed toward some nostalgic point.  2K11 was Jordan.  2K13 is Dream Team and some classic games.

CAN YOU GUYS (AND GALS) HELP ME?  Is it worth buying 2K12 for the Larry Bird connection???

I love playing as the old Celtics teams on 2K13, but they're limited.  I think the 2K12 game has more Bird-related games/teams. 

Can you let me know in this forum?  If the 2K12 game has more Bird-related games/teams I will buy it.

Thanks.

p.s. I find it lame that in the "old school" games players dunk with ease.  I'd rather see layups.  However, I wonder how guys like Satch Sanders and Heinsohn feeling when their characters dunk with ease.

Thanks for reporting this.  Definitely getting that roster update.

« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2012, 06:22:09 AM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
Does anyone miss last year's controls?  As of right now, these "right-stick" dribble moves are driving me insane.  I think I might have to spend some time in training camp and practice mode before I play any more games.

« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2012, 09:53:30 AM »

Offline jgod213

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 300
I also went from 2k11 to 2k13, so there's a big feel-difference for me off the bat...

I played a bit of practice mode and 1 quick game (Celtics v Spurs, 5 min quarters) vs my roomate and here are my observations...

The game just feels right. From Rondo walking up the court and gesturing out plays to Avery Bradley with an and-1 layup followed by an emphatic fist pump from the ground - you feel like the players have a stake in the game.

The controls are going to take some time for me as i was used to the right stick as my shot stick as opposed to ballhandling.  BUT, i will say that it's the right move by 2k.  The dribbling moves feel intuitive, it's just going to take some time to unlearn previous controller settings.

Jeff Green was a beast.  Scored a game-high 15.  knock-down shooter with a blow by ability when guarded by a big.

My only complaint so far was how easy it was for big men to gain position right under the basket.  Tim Duncan  feasted on KG as my roomate used Parker to find him with unreal post-position time and time again.  But perhaps the default settings had more to do with that...

Can't wait to start My Player.  Hit me up at JzaJenius36 for an online game!

DKC Utah Jazz
http://tinyurl.com/kqjb3cv

Starters:   Bledsoe-Gordon-Hayward-Patterson-Favors  | 6th-Kanter
Reserves: Warren-Hardaway-Plumlee-Larkin-Evans-Mbakwe-Huestis-Hummel-Calathes

« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2012, 09:59:05 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
2k12 has some significant Bird mini-games and stuff. But if you bought 2k13 and 2k12 costs more than $10, I wouldn't bother.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2012, 10:12:25 AM »

Offline mainevent

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 203
I've had every 2K Bball since Dreamcast, every year and this year is by far the best yet. Starting with the soundtrack (if you're a JZ fan of course which I am), it's insane. The controls take a little getting used to, but having purchased the game midnight Monday and playing it non stop that night till the morning (if I didnt have to go to work I probably would have played a straight 24 hrs)and again when I got in yesterday till the wee hours of this morning, I can tell you that once you get used to the controls and using both analog sticks you will be hooked. Practice. Or you can just use the buttons as normal, but you can even used the right stick for moves and the buttons to pass and shoot. Rondo has made Kyrie Irving and Tony Parker fall so far roflol....snapped them ankles. 

The game is extra deep. It will take days to get into all the menus and modes. Creating your own sneakers and then being able to actually purchase them directly from Nike? What...are you kidding me? Yep, in 2K13 you can do this. I can go on and on. Sure, there's a few bugs but what game doesn't have bugs on initial release. Up until now I would have said that MLB The Show 12 is the best sports game ever created with 2K12 2nd and the last NFL 2K game before Madden jacked em would be third. 2K13 moves to the top of my list now!  ;D ;D

Those who think its not worth it to go from 2K12 to 2K13...you obviously haven't really gotten into 2K13 yet. Those who are considering...everyone's taste is different. If you can afford it, do it. If you can't then hold off, but I doubt if you can find this game on craigslist (someone selling it after playing it)like you could Madden a day after it came out lol.
"Mosquitoes refuse to bite me....purely out of respect"

« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2012, 11:40:20 AM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
love da game went 2-0 online today but only downside was my career freezin after 1 game 2K editors said they trynna find a solution cuz a lot of people heated wit em im salty cuz i had 13 points 6 rebounds nd 6 assist wit my player lls

Same problem really making me mad!

« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2012, 11:47:23 AM »

Offline Celts Fan 92

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 122

Same problem really making me mad!
yea man my career is my favorite mode on there they gotta fix dis asap for da time being i guess i gotta play random heads online I seen ya gamertag im bout to send u a request

« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2012, 12:19:16 PM »

Offline BostonNative

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 14
smooth as a babies bottom on PC. and cheaper lol...But like last year they got the rooks at low value. This is my association team (I only trade in association).

Rondo/Wooten JR
AB/Rivers
PP/Kidd-Gilchrist
KG/Sully(the 2nd best Rookie PF in game)
Ogden/Drummond/Melo

I would like to give yall a heads up on some of the rookies,

Sully is a beast in the game lol....

T-Rob is a monster as well and snags all kinds of boards...

A-Davis words can't describe how ridiculus he is lol, he is fast as crap and will get every block!

Wooten its really good as well and can be the best PG in the game if used right.

All i got so far....oh and Kris Jo not in te game yet

« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2012, 12:20:50 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Does anyone miss last year's controls?  As of right now, these "right-stick" dribble moves are driving me insane.  I think I might have to spend some time in training camp and practice mode before I play any more games.
Yup they are driving me crazy. I don't know why but last night after not even going through training camp, tried to convince myself the controls were nearly the same. Nope way different got my butt kicked 5 games in a row online till I finally got one. I said I'm not stopping until I get one. haha

I need some practicing for sure. I don't really like how it's hard to stick with a guy on defense. When trying to stick with someone who's got handles should we be holding both left + right triggers, and the right stick left and right? or should we just hold the left trigger?
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk