Author Topic: Celtics (3-1) at Nets (2-0) 10/16  (Read 13872 times)

Re: Celtics (3-1) at Nets (2-0) 10/16
« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2008, 11:23:52 PM »

Offline Scalablob990

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 83
  • The REAL Pau Gasol
Disregarding the rest of the team, Cassell did not play again tonight. I personally think that with each day he does not play, it increases the chance he will decide to be A. Coach a year early, just seems that something funky is going on with that whole scenario.
True Celtic = Leon Powe

Bring back the show!!!!

« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2008, 12:25:11 AM »

Offline CelticBalla32

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 303
  • Anything is possible
TA is back, ladies and gentleman. Loved what I saw from Gabe, outside of those boneheaded fouls, as well.

You guys can check my game notes here.
Check out my blog, Chapsketblog - http://chapsketblog.wordpress.com/

« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2008, 01:12:05 AM »

Offline The Walker Wiggle

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 758
  • Pretend Hinkie
So I was at the game (and then got back to my apartment in time to see the Red Sox rally and win!). I read your game notes CelticBalla and thought you hit it on the nose, great stuff (TP). Here's what else I noticed...

House initially got a warm welcome from the New Jersey crowd - Scalabrine too - but by the end of the game was getting heckled (and irritated?) I guess fans had seen enough of his lights-out shooting.

T.A. could've scored 40 from what I saw but missed a number of (admittedly contested) lay ups. I'm still not entirely comfortable with his ball handling but I loved his aggressive play.

Anyone else disappointed with Rondo's performance? He couldn't stay in front of Harris on the defense end, and didn't look to penetrate enough on offense.

Powe and Davis struggled to keep the bigger NJ front court off the boards, and O'Bryant didn't seem to be the solution. Could be problematic?

Yi brings out a crowd and excites the fan base, but I'd like to say again how glad I am he's not the future of the Celtics franchise... Very fluid offensive player, but zero rebounds and six fouls in 21 minutes, this despite being matched up against Brian Scalabrine much of the night.

Huge uproar from the crowd when it was announced that the family that won the half-time tug of war contest were Brooklyn natives. Shower of boos. Very funny.

And I still haven't read why Garnett didn't travel? Noticeable difference on the bench without him there. In fact, Paul and Ray went to the locker room after the third and never returned... (Maybe to watch the Red Sox game?)

« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2008, 01:23:42 AM »

Offline The Walker Wiggle

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 758
  • Pretend Hinkie
Miles only gets a contract if he's some kind of a long term project. Right now, he can't play and that's awfully evident to my eyes. If anyone he's seeing something different, it really puzzles me.

Cordobes, I can't agree with this more. Up close it's clear he's far from 100% - would run with a noticeable hitch in his stride, late on rotations, set weak screens, watched rebounds go to the Nets.

« Reply #49 on: October 17, 2008, 02:15:56 AM »

Offline scurvmeister

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 30
So I was at the game (and then got back to my apartment in time to see the Red Sox rally and win!). I read your game notes CelticBalla and thought you hit it on the nose, great stuff (TP). Here's what else I noticed...

Walker Wiggle, I was also at the game, section 210. I was pretty surprised at the ovation that Scalabrine got. My Nets friend said they appreciated him for his hustle and energy when he played there. hm....

I didn't think Rondo was that bad. He did keep going for the steal on Harris instead of staying in front him, though. He was a lot of fun to watch on offense when he was out there with Perk. They seemed really in sync with each other. When Powe came in for Perk, the nice passes and inside scoring dropped off.

I agree that we had some trouble against their big men. Brook Lopez would just shoot over Powe, and on the other end, Powe was having a hard time posting up.

Sam Cassell is almost definitely going for the coaching role. He was all smiles cheerleading from the bench, and pulled aside Pruitt a couple times to give him pointers and encouragement. I also found his one-on-one with Ray at halftime really funny to watch.

And seriously though, a "family" of young men (from Brooklyn) playing tug-of-war against a family of 5 with 2 little kids? Booooo.

« Reply #50 on: October 17, 2008, 03:51:15 AM »

Offline Sweet17

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
I was less impressed with Davis then most of you guys. I still felt he looked slow and awkward out there most of the time. I also think the Powe/Davis front line is just way to short to really help us.

Miles looked kinda of bad - but not quite as awful as you guys are making him out to be.. He needs to get back into basketball shape before we can really evaluate him. The C's MIGHT cut him - but Cassell is the logical guy to go.

I also think that Brian Scalabrine is still pretty bad despite what some people evidently think was "good" play out of him..

Pete

« Reply #51 on: October 17, 2008, 05:38:15 AM »

Offline Last Train

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 8

And I still haven't read why Garnett didn't travel? Noticeable difference on the bench without him there. In fact, Paul and Ray went to the locker room after the third and never returned... (Maybe to watch the Red Sox game?)

KG did travel. It was reported that he stayed in the locker room. I believe this was his policy last season when he wasn't going to play. Maybe he can't handle being out there on the bench without the ability to help. Maybe it drives him nuts.

« Reply #52 on: October 17, 2008, 02:01:41 PM »

Offline Scalablob990

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 83
  • The REAL Pau Gasol

KG did travel. It was reported that he stayed in the locker room. I believe this was his policy last season when he wasn't going to play. Maybe he can't handle being out there on the bench without the ability to help. Maybe it drives him nuts.

maybe he was playing NBA 2k9... ;)
True Celtic = Leon Powe

Bring back the show!!!!