Author Topic: Preseason Game 3 Rockets (2-0) at Celtics (1-1) 10/11  (Read 23278 times)

Re: Preseason Game 3 Rockets (2-0) at Celtics (1-1) 10/11
« Reply #75 on: October 11, 2008, 10:23:26 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Interesting group that finished the game off.  They all made some plays and put forth some serious effort.  Seems like it was a good call having 16 guys for a 15 man team.  There are a bunch guys playing for a job - and it shows.
Yup

« Reply #76 on: October 11, 2008, 10:28:24 PM »

Offline amenhotep04

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 39
90-89, Adelman looks worried. Scola drives w/ the score 90-89 C's.

The Bench for the C's jumps out, as the clock expires, but there might have been a foul as Miles and BBD blocked his layup simultaneously.

No foul called, ball off the C's blocked shot.

0.4 seconds left, inbounds pass; Scola hits a shot 
Haha, even though Scola clearly released before the clock went off, GO CELTS!

Clearly?  It wasn't close.

What I loved about that play however, is that even after it was ruled that the shot went off after the clock ran out, POB was p---ed off at himself for letting it come down to that.

« Reply #77 on: October 11, 2008, 10:29:55 PM »

Offline The4Time2Doctor0

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 18

what were you watching? first it should have been 0.3s on the clock and the ball was still in his hands when the clock hit 0.0. i think you might want to invest in a HDTV or get your eyes checked, ray charles!

also, i completely agree with Redz. there is some serious fight in these guys and some of that seems to be spawned out of the quest for a spot on the roster. great game especially for a preseason jobba. time to relax with some sox.

« Reply #78 on: October 11, 2008, 10:32:00 PM »

Offline Krag

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 6
Quote from: albert
I thought he got it off just in time, but only because it took half a second from he caught the ball to the clock started ticking. There's no way Scola gets a shot off in 0.4 seconds, House or Ray Ray maybe, Scola not in a million tries.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2008, 11:06:12 PM by Krag »

« Reply #79 on: October 11, 2008, 10:46:51 PM »

Offline albert

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 39
  • ubuntu.

what were you watching? first it should have been 0.3s on the clock and the ball was still in his hands when the clock hit 0.0. i think you might want to invest in a HDTV or get your eyes checked, ray charles!
I was watching the replay just like everybody else was. Unless...
I thought he got it off just in time, but only because it took half a second from he caught the ball to the clock started ticking. There's no way Scola gets a shot off in 0.4 seconds, House or Ray Ray maybe, Scola not in a million tries.
Hmm, wasn't thinking about it like that. Then it's a win hands down. YAY CELTS!
« Last Edit: October 11, 2008, 10:53:18 PM by albert »
Bleed Green. What does it mean?

« Reply #80 on: October 11, 2008, 10:58:38 PM »

Offline NoraG1

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 108

I did not say that quote.

« Reply #81 on: October 11, 2008, 11:06:58 PM »

Offline Krag

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 6
I did not say that quote.

Yeh, that was me messing up on the quote tags.

« Reply #82 on: October 11, 2008, 11:10:10 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1431
Wow imagine that, we leave Scal out of the final minutes of the game and we get a win. Scal had 2 fouls, and a turnover in under 2 mins of play. Miles on the other hand had 2 blocks, 4 rebounds, and no turnovers while in the game. Scal is an embarassment to the Celtics team. If Miles or pruitt get cut because of Scals rediculous contract im gona be Bullsh1t. :o
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #83 on: October 11, 2008, 11:20:55 PM »

Offline Scalablob990

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 83
  • The REAL Pau Gasol
Wow imagine that, we leave Scal out of the final minutes of the game and we get a win. Scal had 2 fouls, and a turnover in under 2 mins of play. Miles on the other hand had 2 blocks, 4 rebounds, and no turnovers while in the game. Scal is an embarassment to the Celtics team. If Miles or pruitt get cut because of Scals rediculous contract im gona be Bullsh1t. :o

Well spoken brother, TP for you. I'd be more irate over cutting Miles since he still has alot of potential.
True Celtic = Leon Powe

Bring back the show!!!!

« Reply #84 on: October 12, 2008, 12:06:46 AM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
i realize that danny handpicked scalabrine as a free agent, and that there's a decent amount of money invested in him, but honestly he is terrible and needs to go.  i don't care if he is a "locker room" guy, and it may break tommy's heart to see him go, but he can't play basketball at all.  i agree with the previous thoughts that there's no way he steals a roster spot from somebody on this team more deserving...

and if i'm on deathrow, i want that guy who was running the clock tonight to be there for me before they inject me - that had to be the longest .4 seconds i've ever witnessed...
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #85 on: October 12, 2008, 11:28:31 AM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
Very intense game, wasn't it? Didn't look like pre-season at all. I had fun watching it. At some point I thought Doc and Adelman could go get caught by the atmosphere and play the starters for 40 minutes and coach to win the game... I actually didn't, but it would be even more funny. Better than that, nobody get injured - for me, the most important thing in pre-season games.

Regarding the players performances and who gets the cut, I hate to play the contrarian and break the apparent consensus in this topic, but I have to call what I see. And that is a very, very, slow Miles. I understand he's not in game shape and I'm not an expert on these issues nor I know the details of his condition so I have no idea of how much room to improvement he still has. But if he's currently at 90%, not even 110% would be enough. When he's sliding, he looks like Eddy Curry or Adonal Foyle out there. Was Scal the one displaying this level of lateral quickness, and I'd be the first to say that we should make the financial effort and cut him if needed.

« Reply #86 on: October 12, 2008, 12:32:56 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1431
Very intense game, wasn't it? Didn't look like pre-season at all. I had fun watching it. At some point I thought Doc and Adelman could go get caught by the atmosphere and play the starters for 40 minutes and coach to win the game... I actually didn't, but it would be even more funny. Better than that, nobody get injured - for me, the most important thing in pre-season games.

Regarding the players performances and who gets the cut, I hate to play the contrarian and break the apparent consensus in this topic, but I have to call what I see. And that is a very, very, slow Miles. I understand he's not in game shape and I'm not an expert on these issues nor I know the details of his condition so I have no idea of how much room to improvement he still has. But if he's currently at 90%, not even 110% would be enough. When he's sliding, he looks like Eddy Curry or Adonal Foyle out there. Was Scal the one displaying this level of lateral quickness, and I'd be the first to say that we should make the financial effort and cut him if needed.

I agreee with you that his lateral quickness has not been great thus far. However it is the preseason, and it is possible that the coaching staff is telling him to take it easy until he is closer to 100%. I can remeber last year how tentitive Tony Allen played coming off of his injury. Despite his lack of quickness Miles still had more blocked shots last night then Houstons entire team.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #87 on: October 12, 2008, 12:38:18 PM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
Cut Cassell.  Make him a full-time assistant coach after he clears waivers.  Sam gets a nice little payday.

BTW, does anyone know the email address of General what's his name, the guy now in charge of the NBA officials?