Author Topic: Bogut Returns - Gut Feeling Pierce to Warriors  (Read 10907 times)

Re: Bogut Returns - Gut Feeling Pierce to Warriors
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2013, 08:54:21 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Some on our board need to take the green tinted glasses off when it comes to some of our players, especially Pierce!!

If we can get a 28 year old Bogut that saves us money this year and next year and expires next year, we do it!!

I doubt that GS would do it, but Danny would likely NOT turn that down if they are willing.

Smitty77

« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2013, 08:58:34 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Some on our board need to take the green tinted glasses off when it comes to some of our players, especially Pierce!!

If we can get a 28 year old Bogut that saves us money this year and next year and expires next year, we do it!!

I doubt that GS would do it, but Danny would likely NOT turn that down if they are willing.

Smitty77

It depends on what you're getting in return. I would definitely deal Paul for either Gay or Gasol (if the Griz or Lakers were willing.)

But for a player in Bogut who constantly breaks down, I don't see how it helps us.

If anything, Pierce is more durable at 35 than Bogut is at 28.

The guy once missed 3 games because of a paper cut (lol, made that one up.)

« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2013, 09:00:47 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
There's no way the Warriors trade Barnes for a 2 year rental on Pierce. The kid looks like he's going to be a star in a couple of years.

Really?

I haven't seen that kind of consistent play. When was the last time the Warriors were ever a contender? I got a gut feeling they will be in the discussion for acquiring Pierce. He is really what they need and compliments their team well.

Maybe 2007?
(Was that the year they shocked the world and beat Dallas, before losing to Utah IIRC?)
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2013, 09:04:31 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
There's no way the Warriors trade Barnes for a 2 year rental on Pierce. The kid looks like he's going to be a star in a couple of years.

Really?

I haven't seen that kind of consistent play. When was the last time the Warriors were ever a contender? I got a gut feeling they will be in the discussion for acquiring Pierce. He is really what they need and compliments their team well.

Maybe 2007?
(Was that the year they shocked the world and beat Dallas, before losing to Utah IIRC?)

They weren't a contender. Had no chance against Duncan.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2013, 09:08:59 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

Really?

Maybe 2007?

Still only really a fringe contender, but how many chances do you get to reminisce about Run TMC?

« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2013, 09:23:08 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!

Really?

Maybe 2007?

Still only really a fringe contender, but how many chances do you get to reminisce about Run TMC?

So the answer is really never. Man that sucks to be a warriors fan.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2013, 09:30:24 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401

Really?

Maybe 2007?

They weren't a contender. Had no chance against Duncan.

Or Boozer.

Boozer ate them alive in that second round series. Golden State never stood a chance.

« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2013, 09:32:43 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Huge Bogut fan. Heard the Warriors are too.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2013, 09:36:36 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

Really?

Maybe 2007?

So the answer is really never. Man that sucks to be a warriors fan.

Not really never, they won a ring in the mid-70s, and made a couple deep runs around then too.  So either ~20 or ~40 years, depending on how lenient your definition of contender is.

It's a shame too - I usually like their style of play and they've got great fans.  Glad to see them having some success this year.

« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2013, 09:54:42 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
Also to be noted: Bogut might have been the most important Warrior on the floor tonight for them in just 23 minutes, reminds me of Oden's play when he was healthy for the Blazers.

« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2013, 09:58:24 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Just a gut but I could see Pierce and Bass to the Warriors for Biendrins, Jefferson, and Barnes.

Biendrins and Jefferson both have contracts that expire after next year just like Pierce.

Just to clarify: Pierce's last year in 2013/14 is not fully guaranteed, it's a team option.

Jefferson's last year in 2013/14 is a player option. Doubtful he declines it, and passes up collecting $11 million.

Biedrins' last year in 2013/14 is an early termination option (player option). Again, doubtful he exercises it, and turns down $9 million.

So to compare financial obligations in 2013/14:

Pierce: potentially as little as $5 million, as much as $15 million
RJ and Biedrins: a combined $20 million
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2013, 10:05:22 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Loved Run TMC.

« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2013, 10:06:31 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think they have a yucky roster for the most part.  I don't see us doing it.

« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2013, 10:46:55 PM »

Offline Mr Green

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 33
Also to be noted: Bogut might have been the most important Warrior on the floor tonight for them in just 23 minutes, reminds me of Oden's play when he was healthy for the Blazers.

12 points (6/8 from the field), 8 rebounds, 4 blocks, 2 assists and a steal in 23 minutes is pretty good for a first game back from injury!

« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2013, 10:53:30 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

12 points (6/8 from the field), 8 rebounds, 4 blocks, 2 assists and a steal in 23 minutes is pretty good for a first game back from injury!

It's pretty remarkable, especially when he's on a limited minutes schedule.

Bogut is injury prone, there is no denying that, but he's not weak, or adverse to playing through pain. Bogut is probably one of the toughest centers in the league (not like MMA tough, but mind over body tough, and loves mixing it up).

Id love to have him. If we got 3 years where he played ~70% of the games, it'd be a heck of a boon.

But I doubt that happens.