Author Topic: Third place is within our grasp  (Read 4570 times)

Third place is within our grasp
« on: March 08, 2019, 10:31:47 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Indiana and Philly are not exactly tearing up the league.

We can do this!

Re: Third place is within our grasp
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2019, 10:40:13 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Indiana and Philly are not exactly tearing up the league.

We can do this!

Time to pay back the two LAs.

Then we’re on our way!!!

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2019, 11:12:23 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Let's do it!

I think if we end up being 3rd, we play the Raps in the 2nd round but bring 'em on.

Only way to find out how good we are is to play the best.

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2019, 11:16:33 PM »

Offline alt

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 25
Most likely outcome. Indiana's March schedule is devastating. Seems like Embiid isn't anywhere close to returning as per report during tonight's game.

Probably not good. Detroit might be as tough of an opponent for the Cs as Indiana or Philly would be. Kennard blossoming - lots of potential there, very versatile, Reggie Jackson shooting the ball better, they're now winning games even with Blake struggling. Casey made their offense more perimeter based than Van Gundy - Drummond now plays the roll man with the occasional low post iso, instead of the high post hub role. Cleaner, more consistent stuff. Their lack of size on the perimeter makes them vulnerable to Boston though.   

Anyway, Detroit + Toronto vs Indiana + Milwaukee. I think the second path might be easier.

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2019, 11:42:45 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Most likely outcome. Indiana's March schedule is devastating. Seems like Embiid isn't anywhere close to returning as per report during tonight's game.

Probably not good. Detroit might be as tough of an opponent for the Cs as Indiana or Philly would be. Kennard blossoming - lots of potential there, very versatile, Reggie Jackson shooting the ball better, they're now winning games even with Blake struggling. Casey made their offense more perimeter based than Van Gundy - Drummond now plays the roll man with the occasional low post iso, instead of the high post hub role. Cleaner, more consistent stuff. Their lack of size on the perimeter makes them vulnerable to Boston though.   

Anyway, Detroit + Toronto vs Indiana + Milwaukee. I think the second path might be easier.
I'd rather have Toronto than Milwaukee tbh
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2019, 01:39:00 AM »

Offline green2k16

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
And IND and PHI play each other on Sunday. I think at least the 4 is getting very likely, and the 3 is likely. I would rather play IND than Detroit, though

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2019, 08:22:17 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
pretty crazy considering how poorly we have played prior to the road trip that we are right there. Just shows how congested the east is.

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2019, 08:45:24 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
It seems our team just might finally be serious as a group and have decided to play for one another as a team and put their differences aside for the final run at post season.

I good whipping of Lakers would be a sure sign Im right.

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2019, 09:17:34 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

I don't think Baynes played in that last game vs. DET , right?  IIRC, Theis struggled mightily vs. Drummond.

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2019, 12:49:50 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549
Ya given how quickly we are capable of falling apart I'm not counting on anything.

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2019, 12:19:09 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
Ya given how quickly we are capable of falling apart I'm not counting on anything.

I'm hoping that we've turned a corner. But this team has been bi-polar this year.

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2019, 12:45:27 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
Gotta feeling we are not going to know playoff seeding 3 thru 8 until the last game of the season.

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2019, 01:45:51 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961

an't that the truth

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2019, 03:03:28 PM »

Offline C3LTSF4N

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 41
Pacers vs Sixers in a half hour.  Unfortunately someone has to win that game.

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2019, 03:55:06 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson

I'm hoping that we've turned a corner. But this team has been bi-polar this year.

I think we end the season off strong and go 11-4. We have quite a few winnable games. This is my prediction the rest of the way. I think we end up with the 3 seed, Philly at 4 and Indy slips back to 5th. Here are my picks the rest of the way.
We care take care of business in the 1st round vs either Detroit or Brooklyn.

Then onto Toronto, which is the series that I think everyone wants to see. I think all the drama subsides and we continue to play better. I still think we regressed a bit in Sacramento and LA, but hoping Tatum and Brown can improve. Kyrie will continue to do his thing and hopefully Hayward, Horford and Morris continue to remain steady.

Clippers-win
Kings-win
Hawks-win
Nuggets-loss
Philly-loss
Hornets-win
Spurs-win
Cavs-win
Indy-win
Brooklyn-win
Miami-win
Miami-loss