Author Topic: Why I Stopped Reading Your Blog  (Read 23614 times)

Why I Stopped Reading Your Blog
« on: January 20, 2009, 05:57:19 PM »

Offline Ortho

• Maine Celtic
  • Tommy Points: 0
I'd been reading this blog for a few years. It was nice because it focused on the Celtics. I stopped reading it because it didn't focus on the Celtics anymore, but the league as a whole. After "Daily Babble" was introduced, it eventually got to a point where some weeks more than half the posts weren't even about the Celtics. Do you see the problem here? If I wanted a blog with a general perspective on the league I would read TrueHoop, or one of the other countless blogs dedicated to the league as a whole, but that's not why I first started coming here -- I started coming here so I could read about just the Celtics. I don't think it's unreasonable to think that other people feel the same way as me.

Re: Why I Stopped Reading Your Blog
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2009, 06:02:00 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
Peace out Homie.

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2009, 06:08:15 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
There are 10 posts on the front page. 3 are not about the Celtics, and one of those is in appreciation of MLK.

Frankly speaking I wouldn't trade Steve W's daily babble column for the world. He's one of the best bloggers on the net, his stories ALWAYS bring something new to the forefront, even if the story is nationally covered. I dare you to read all Jeff's posts, all FLCeltsFans' celtics related daily links, on the front page. There aren't enough hours left in the day.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but in that same vein, I would hazard to say that the opinion of the readers of this forum and this blog are fans of the Daily Babble, and feel quite the same way I do.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2009, 06:16:09 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

You have been reading for years??? And this is your first post ever??? I think you are lying my good man. And we shall leave it at that.

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2009, 06:28:57 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I'd been reading this blog for a few years. It was nice because it focused on the Celtics. I stopped reading it because it didn't focus on the Celtics anymore, but the league as a whole. After "Daily Babble" was introduced, it eventually got to a point where some weeks more than half the posts weren't even about the Celtics. Do you see the problem here? If I wanted a blog with a general perspective on the league I would read TrueHoop, or one of the other countless blogs dedicated to the league as a whole, but that's not why I first started coming here -- I started coming here so I could read about just the Celtics. I don't think it's unreasonable to think that other people feel the same way as me.
= why I stopped reading your posts

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2009, 06:29:22 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Out with Weinman in with Ortho?   :P

BABBLE ON STEVE! 
Yup

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2009, 06:30:29 PM »

Offline Schupac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 235
The Celtics play in the NBA.  And every game they play, they play against one of those other teams.  So in order to know the Celtics, you have to get a limited knowledge of them.

And I read the Daily babble well... almost daily.  I enjoys it plenty.

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2009, 06:31:22 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
I understand where your coming from, but you have to realize that it's tough. Not enough new stuff comes in to have a full length article about the Celtics every day. Still he's right other than Steve W there aren't really any original full length articles about the Celtics.

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2009, 06:35:29 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Here's the thing I don't get.  The daily babble did not replace Celtics content, it supplemented it.  There is as much, if not more Celtics content than ever on this blog, but it just now also has some excellent content for those who are basketball fans, rather than only Celtics fans.  If you aren't interested in it, just scroll down to the Celtics entry, which is inevitably right below it. 

This is the beauty of Blogs.  It is not like a newspaper, where there is a limited amount of room, and to add one article, you need to get rid of another one.  On a blog, you can just keep adding more and more content, so the readers can pick and choose, if they aren't interested in a particular article.

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2009, 06:40:41 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Sad to see you go.  I hope you find a place that you are happy with that has the quality writing that exists here.

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2009, 06:43:40 PM »

Offline Mean Gerald Green

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 212
  • Cool Runnings
It's a real shame to lose such an insightful, informative poster.  :'(

Wait a second...

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2009, 06:44:30 PM »

Offline Schupac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 235
This thread sure is getting read alot.

This little Schupac will now be abandoning it so it falls off of "latest forum topics".

modify:  And it's ironic, in this forum the next post is "Opinion about your website" which is just someone saying they enjoy the website.  Only 1 reply to that one.

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2009, 06:48:47 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
there are other celtics' sites out there you can try out.  personally, i find this one to be the best.  however, if your unhappy here, there are other options for you.  to each their own.  best of luck and i hope u find what suites u best.

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2009, 06:48:54 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
This thread sure is getting read alot.

This little Schupac will now be abandoning it so it falls off of "latest forum topics".

modify:  And it's ironic, in this forum the next post is "Opinion about your website" which is just someone saying they enjoy the website.  Only 1 reply to that one.

Nice job bumping up a bit softer thread Schupac!  TP

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=24863.msg409301;topicseen#new

BTW, what was the point of that one?

Yup

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2009, 06:57:31 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
To each his own but if you aren't reading Celticsblog anymore, it's your loss. Celticsblog, as long as I've been a part of it has never been about the Celtics solely. It is a community where fans of the Boston Celtics can gather and talk about their favorite basetball team but also a wide variety of other subjects including the rest of the NBA, the Red Sox and MLB, the Patriots and the NFL, international soccer, and recently, the Boston Bruins and the NHL and current events, politics, relationships and even more.

It truly is an all inclusive community blog that just so happens to look at the world through green colored glasses. It's too bad that you find the diversity here unappealing but I am sure that there are others out there that you will find more to your specific tastes. I will say, however, good luck trying to find as high a quality site as this is dedicated just to the Celtics and nothing else.

And lastly, I think you're crazy not to enjoy the Daily Babble. Steve Weinman might be the finest blogging author around. He brings an objective perspective(when not talking about the Celtics), knowledge, and humor on a large span of subjects that keep the blog fresh and original. And Jeff is just fantastic. He seems to have his finger on the pulse of this team all the time and is as credible in his reporting of the team as any of the local beat writers for the major newspapers and more credible than almost all the national guys who think they know this team.