Author Topic: Interesting Chris Mannix podcast re last year  (Read 2145 times)

Interesting Chris Mannix podcast re last year
« on: October 04, 2019, 05:29:02 PM »

Offline President Red

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 40
We're all looking to move on to the new season, but this podcast had some interesting takes about last year (with some discussion of the upcoming season) from a panel featuring Bob Ryan, Adam Himmelsbach, and Scal.  That's followed by a short interview with Mike Gorman, who has a bit of a different take than the panel did as to why things went so wrong last year.

https://www.listennotes.com/podcasts/the-crossover-nba/so-what-happened-live-from-BaG3O9WFp6J/

Re: Interesting Chris Mannix podcast re last year
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2019, 07:18:02 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Listening to it right now.

Some pretty good stuff.

Nothing being said that will really shock anyone and things we kinda already knew but still pretty interesting. Boy Scalabrine talks alot...he needs to zip it a little bit.

Now listening to the part where Mannix is about to talk to Gorman.

EDIT- Gorman had some good stuff too (including on last season). I recommend giving it a listen. Thank you to the OP.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2019, 07:38:38 PM by gpap »

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2019, 06:56:25 PM »

Offline Hoopvortex

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 164
Gorman is the most critical of all the ‘insiders’ I’ve seen of Kyrie Irving, laying the chemistry issues squarely at Kyrie’s door - as he sees it, 85% of the problem was Kyrie. He certainly makes it sound like the guy acted like a jerk.
'I was proud of Marcus Smart. He did a great job of keeping us together. He might not get credit for this game, but the pace that he played at, and his playcalling, some of the plays that he called were great. We obviously have to rely on him, so I’m definitely looking forward to Marcus leading this team in that role.' - Jaylen Brown, January 2021

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2019, 09:22:23 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Gorman is the most critical of all the ‘insiders’ I’ve seen of Kyrie Irving, laying the chemistry issues squarely at Kyrie’s door - as he sees it, 85% of the problem was Kyrie. He certainly makes it sound like the guy acted like a jerk.

I know. And the part that really stuck out to me (not quite sure if Gorman was making an analogy or if this actually happened to him) was when he said "Kyrie is the type of guy where if you're in an elevator with him and you say 'hi', he won't even respond to you."

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2019, 11:01:17 AM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
I'd believe Gorman's opinion over everyone else.  I know there was a multitude of reasons for last year's debacle but the so-called "leader" failed miserably.  I know he recently owned up to it.  Sorry Cryee where were u last year when it counted for my team?  Does he think he's the only guy who has lost a family member?  Grow up.

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2019, 12:05:50 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Gorman: Kyrie's a jerk.  And was 85% responsible for what happened last season.

All the BS by coaches and players that it wasn't just Kyrie, everyone is to blame, was a good party line, I don't fault them for saying that.

But it is so refreshing for Gorman to confirm what we all knew to be the case.

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2019, 01:55:34 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
My favorite line came when Gorman was comparing the young guys from 17-18, to this past year.

Gorman: "These guys were--I thought--kind of nice. But then you brought in Kyrie, who was really just a jerk."

« Last Edit: October 06, 2019, 02:01:05 PM by Jiri Welsch »