Author Topic: Is Al Horford on the worst contact in the league  (Read 11792 times)

Re: Is Al Horford on the worst contact in the league
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2017, 09:26:01 PM »

Offline KingofDaPlayazBall

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 13
AL Horford should be in jail for robbery.  the fact that his bum is making a third of this team salary is completely disrespectful to Marcus Smart, Isaiah Thomas, Jae Crowder, and Avery Bradley, all of whom are making less then 10m per year and are all playing better basketball than Horford.  Trade him for a second round pick to any team dumb enough to take him.

« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2017, 09:29:16 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Let's have some perspective.  According to ESPN, Horford is 7th among centers in scoring, 5th in 3PM, 4th in 2PT%, 8th in blocks and 1st in assists (and first in assist to turnover ratio).

He's a very effective player.

How updated are those stats?  I bet they are a little dated.  He has been absolutely HORRIBLE the last five games.  Horrible.  There is NO spinning this Roy!!!   He is in a MAJOR SLUMP and he needs to snap out of it very soon.

Smitty77
His contract is not for 5 games.

An you are the one spinning, not Roy.

I think that Roy can protect himself.  Are you his big brother or something?:-)))  Gosh, thanks for telling me that.  I had NO idea!!  Sadly we will be paying him an average of around $29 million per year for the next three years AFTER this year:-(((((

He had a 17.5 PER BEFORE shooting 2-11 tonight and 0-3 from three.  That is NOT $27 worth of production no matter how you guys try to spin it.

Can you all ADMIT that he is in a slump???????

Smitty77
I don't care about slumps in any sport. I care about overall performance. I don't look for small sample sizes to get me excited.

« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2017, 09:31:46 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
His production was never worth the max, but recently he has been horrendous. Kelly has been playing better than him. So it is worth asking the question: Is Horford on the worst contract in the league? Is he the most overpaid player in the NBA?
Perhaps you could have actually done some research on this before posting and answered your own inflammatory question.

^ this

If you are going to post sthg likely to create controversy, at the very least bring up some evidence for your claim.

Yes !  ^ totally agree....

His shooting is off yes , but the guy makes a big difference with his active play and IQ .   For now he is a good fit .   I hope his decline is slow .   He is a nice player n all,accounts

« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2017, 09:32:55 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
Let's have some perspective.  According to ESPN, Horford is 7th among centers in scoring, 5th in 3PM, 4th in 2PT%, 8th in blocks and 1st in assists (and first in assist to turnover ratio).

TP, well said.  All that plus his intangibles are through the roof, especially in how they positively affect our team's pick and roll game.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2017, 09:33:38 PM »

• Payton Pritchard
AND His overall performance has been trash we went from top tier defense to middle of the pack becaouse AL Horford cant rebound or play pick and roll defense.  29m for 14 and 6 is a complete mockery

« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2017, 09:34:47 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

How updated are those stats?  I bet they are a little dated.  He has been absolutely HORRIBLE the last five games.  Horrible.  There is NO spinning this Roy!!!   He is in a MAJOR SLUMP and he needs to snap out of it very soon.

Smitty77

They're updated through last game, but not including tonight.

The shooting / scoring hasn't been where I'd like it to be, but he is still a big part of the offense. 5 assists and 0 turnovers tonight, while also contributing on the boards.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2017, 09:39:48 PM »

• Payton Pritchard
I dont give a rats as about 5 asst and 1.5 3s/gm.  He is the second highest payed player in the league behind lebron james. most garbage contract in NBA history.  His signing set our rebuild back by 4 years unless we somehow trade him before it expires

« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2017, 09:43:44 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
I dont give a rats as about 5 asst and 1.5 3s/gm.  He is the second highest payed player in the league behind lebron james. most garbage contract in NBA history.  His signing set our rebuild back by 4 years unless we somehow trade him before it expires

Okay, you don't understand the Celtics' offense.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2017, 09:43:59 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
AL Horford should be in jail for robbery.  the fact that his bum is making a third of this team salary is completely disrespectful to Marcus Smart, Isaiah Thomas, Jae Crowder, and Avery Bradley, all of whom are making less then 10m per year and are all playing better basketball than Horford.  Trade him for a second round pick to any team dumb enough to take him.

The fact that IT, AB, and Crowder are underpaid does not affect what the fair market price for Horford is.  Nor does Smart and KO on rookie contracts (which are pretty much always underpays).  Horford is getting paid what he's worth, and if we traded him, ESPECIALLY for a horrible return like a second round pick, we would be a much, much worse team. We are 5-5 with him out of the lineup, and 33-16 with him in it (yes, we were missing others for some of those games he missed, but we've also been missing guys (including IT for 4 games and AB for 23) with him in the lineup, so I'd call it a wash)

This team would be a heck of a lot worse without Horford.  We might make the playoffs, but we wouldn't have more than an outside shot at home court.  Horford has been a huge addition to this team, makes those around him better, and is absolutely worth the money we pay him.  People will feel a lot better about his contract once the new crop of maxes is signed this summer (with guys like Hayward, Griffin, Millsap, and Ibaka sign contracts starting at $30+ million/year), and the reality of the new cap and how much players get paid becomes more apparent
I'm bitter.

« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2017, 09:45:22 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

or basketball for that matter.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2017, 09:46:56 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Nice pass to brown for the game winner

Still making 10 million too much

« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2017, 09:48:18 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Blame danny, cbs on this one

Al horford is hobbling to the finish line, yet gets paid max.

Cant blame him

« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2017, 09:52:45 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
First thing I'll say:

The Celts are 6th in Offensive Efficiency this year.

They are 4th in 3 pointers made per game.

Last year, the Celts were 13th in Offensive Efficiency.

They were 12th in 3 pointers made per game.

Al Horford does not get enough credit for how much better the Celts are on offense this year.  Isaiah doesn't make the leap he's made without Al Horford sharing the floor with him much of the time.

Next thing I'll say:

As much as I want to defend Horford, if his scoring and overall production don't take a step up come playoff time, I will have some criticism for him and his contract.

He's at a point in his career where he is justified in taking a back seat offensively, just doing a lot of little things to help the team win -- during the regular season.

In the playoffs, there will come a time when the Celts need Horford to step up and get some buckets when the other guys are struggling.  He will need to take and make big shots.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2017, 09:52:45 PM »

• Payton Pritchard

or basketball for that matter.

Someone pass him a pacifier to suck on.  you dont know basketball if you think 5 asst is worth 30m.  you also trading away rebound and defense, did you forget there are 2 sides of a basketball game?

« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2017, 09:53:40 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
First thing I'll say:

The Celts are 6th in Offensive Efficiency this year.

They are 4th in 3 pointers made per game.

Last year, the Celts were 13th in Offensive Efficiency.

They were 12th in 3 pointers made per game.

Al Horford does not get enough credit for how much better the Celts are on offense this year.  Isaiah doesn't make the leap he's made without Al Horford sharing the floor with him much of the time.

Next thing I'll say:

As much as I want to defend Horford, if his scoring and overall production don't take a step up come playoff time, I will have some criticism for him and his contract.

He's at a point in his career where he is justified in taking a back seat offensively, just doing a lot of little things to help the team win -- during the regular season.

In the playoffs, there will come a time when the Celts need Horford to step up and get some buckets when the other guys are struggling.  He will need to take and make big shots.

Good points