Poll

Should the Celtics trade for AD?

Yes.  (Tatum in the deal)
22 (44.9%)
No.   (Not worth giving up assets for a one year rental)
19 (38.8%)
Yes but only if Tatum isn't in the deal.
8 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Author Topic: Anthony Davis traded to Lakers(page 272)  (Read 343157 times)

Re: Report: Pels to call Boston if they can't convince Davis to stay
« Reply #2700 on: May 17, 2019, 11:43:55 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
Two main reasons I don't think a Davis trade is likely to happen:

(1) I think Kyrie is gone, and I don't think the Celts are going to go all-in to add AD without knowing Kyrie is on board

(2) I think the Pels are going to hold onto AD at least until the trade deadline, in the hopes that Zion looks awesome and they have a winning record by that point and AD may consider sticking around.

I think with all intents and purposes, AD pretty much burned all his bridges. Wearing that T-Shirt, demanding a trade before deadline to get sent over to the LAL, and pretty much playing listlessly towards the end. Nah, he's gone. Too much damage control to fix + depreciated value of waiting half a year.

Zion makes the separation all that much easier as well.

« Reply #2701 on: May 17, 2019, 11:53:22 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Two main reasons I don't think a Davis trade is likely to happen:

(1) I think Kyrie is gone, and I don't think the Celts are going to go all-in to add AD without knowing Kyrie is on board

(2) I think the Pels are going to hold onto AD at least until the trade deadline, in the hopes that Zion looks awesome and they have a winning record by that point and AD may consider sticking around.

I think with all intents and purposes, AD pretty much burned all his bridges. Wearing that T-Shirt, demanding a trade before deadline to get sent over to the LAL, and pretty much playing listlessly towards the end. Nah, he's gone. Too much damage control to fix + depreciated value of waiting half a year.

Maybe.  Maybe AD pulls a full-on Kawhi if they try.

A lot of this probably depends on what AD thinks of Zion and how good a salesman Griffin is.

You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Re: Anthony Davis trade thread(Davis trade request page 33)
« Reply #2702 on: May 17, 2019, 11:57:30 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Quote from: Kurt Helin Twitter
Report: Pelicans owner Gayle Benson would trade Anthony Davis to Lakers only ‘over my dead body’

I'm so hot for Gayle Benson right now.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #2703 on: May 17, 2019, 11:59:08 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
im trading everything for AD but Smart ,  buy D league players ..LOL

« Reply #2704 on: May 17, 2019, 12:00:17 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish

2. Zion is a rookie, he can put great numbers and Pelicans still won’t make the playoffs. Davis has burned bridges with not only the Pelicans organization but the fans. The franchise needs a fresh start for the fans sake and need to just trade especially with reports that Davis’ stance has not changed.

It's true that rookies generally don't impact winning.

There are exceptions though.

Dominant, athletic big men have had a tendency to put up big numbers as soon as they enter the league.  Duncan, Shaq, Towns, Webber, Pau, Dwight.  Griffin and Simmons as well, though they had a red shirt year after they were drafted.

Zion to me profiles as guy who will probably be able to put up double doubles with high scoring efficiency and a good number of free throws pretty much from day one.

He will still be a rookie; he will still make mistakes. 

Is it possible he's an upgrade on Julius Randle, though?  I think there is.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #2705 on: May 17, 2019, 12:00:49 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
im trading everything for AD but Smart ,  buy D league players ..LOL

Sad, but I believe Smart has to go in any deal to make salaries work.

« Reply #2706 on: May 17, 2019, 12:05:22 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Quote from: Kurt Helin Twitter
Report: Pelicans owner Gayle Benson would trade Anthony Davis to Lakers only ‘over my dead body’

I'm so hot for Gayle Benson right now.

ok .....so,NOW we know .....its a cat fight between the owners of Lakers and Pelicans.....two rich ladies who don't like each other

Buss is not going to get down on her knees and beg  ;D

But !  ...i fully expect Danny to.  ;D

« Reply #2707 on: May 17, 2019, 12:10:19 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

2. Zion is a rookie, he can put great numbers and Pelicans still won’t make the playoffs. Davis has burned bridges with not only the Pelicans organization but the fans. The franchise needs a fresh start for the fans sake and need to just trade especially with reports that Davis’ stance has not changed.

Dominant, athletic big men have had a tendency to put up big numbers as soon as they enter the league.  Duncan, Shaq, Towns, Webber, Pau, Dwight.  Griffin and Simmons as well, though they had a red shirt year after they were drafted.

Zion to me profiles as guy who will probably be able to put up double doubles with high scoring efficiency and a good number of free throws pretty much from day one.

But does it contribute to winning? Most of those rookies you mention didn’t get far. Davis doesn’t want to be on a 6th or 7th seed, he wants to win now and won’t wait for Zion to develop.

« Reply #2708 on: May 17, 2019, 12:33:48 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish

But does it contribute to winning? Most of those rookies you mention didn’t get far. Davis doesn’t want to be on a 6th or 7th seed, he wants to win now and won’t wait for Zion to develop.

Well, Duncan joined a team that already had an established superstar big man, and they won a title. 

I don't think there's any chance that will happen for the Pelicans, but I'd say joining a team with Holiday and Davis has to be a better situation than the vast, vast majority of top picks have the opportunity to start out in.

The last time I can think of that a top pick joined a quality team was when Rose went to the Bulls.  They won 41 games their first season and took the Garnett-less defending champion Celts to 7 games.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #2709 on: May 17, 2019, 12:52:11 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
 Pelicans owner  is Gayle Benson

Jackie MacMullan of ESPN:  "We have been told, I think, through channels – most of us have heard this same scuttlebutt – that Gayle Benson has basically told him, “To the Lakers, over my dead body.”

« Reply #2710 on: May 17, 2019, 12:53:28 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

Well, Duncan joined a team that already had an established superstar big man, and they won a title. 

I don't think there's any chance that will happen for the Pelicans, but I'd say joining a team with Holiday and Davis has to be a better situation than the vast, vast majority of top picks have the opportunity to start out in.

The last time I can think of that a top pick joined a quality team was when Rose went to the Bulls.  They won 41 games their first season and took the Garnett-less defending champion Celts to 7 games.

Again Davis wants to contend for championships he doesn’t want to be the team on the rise again. Maybe Zion helps carries the team to the playoffs but Davis doesn’t want to wait for him.

« Reply #2711 on: May 17, 2019, 12:57:28 PM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87

Jackie MacMullan of ESPN:  "We have been told, I think, through channels – most of us have heard this same scuttlebutt – that Gayle Benson has basically told him, “To the Lakers, over my dead body.”
Can you take a TP, that I just giveth, and pass it along to Gayle Benson :)
Thank you!

« Reply #2712 on: May 17, 2019, 01:00:27 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
hypothetically speaking...

What if the price was Brown and Tatum, a little filler, and say the Clipper pick and boston pick.

Would you do it?

Irving
Smart
Hayward
Horford
Davis

Memphis pick next season, and the SAC pick this year.
Sign Beverly, Sign Carter, Sign Baynes, Sign Morris
Draft Little
Draft a center

« Reply #2713 on: May 17, 2019, 01:03:35 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell

love it.

Now if the media will jsut shut up about NYK, and how great their package is, and about how Davis will only sign in LAL or NYK long term

Just stop with all that luncacy.

« Reply #2714 on: May 17, 2019, 01:08:06 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704

love it.

Now if the media will jsut shut up about NYK, and how great their package is, and about how Davis will only sign in LAL or NYK long term

Just stop with all that luncacy.

NYK have really nothing of significant value to offer other than the #3 pick. If they had held on to Porzingis then they may have had a chance, but they blew it.

The team I'm slightly worried about is the Clippers. Never underestimate Jerry West. If he's involved, he gets these type of deals done.