Author Topic: Have we officially turned the corner and back in business ? We are killing teams  (Read 8978 times)

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!
The body language doctor says yes.

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
not impress yet..beating teams like New York and Chicago is not like beating Toronto and Warriors..we should beat those bad teams

Knicks beat the bucks, Grizz and Pels...not to mention beat us as well.
Bulls were competitive against the Thunder...

we are thrashing bad teams now as what good teams do.

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
I'd like to have a few tests before saying that we've turned any corners. First I'd like for the team to get healthy again... and then play a team like the Bucks at home and see how we make out. Maybe play the 76ers again.

Tomorrow night against the Pelicans is a pretty fair test. Hopefully, Horford will be back and moving well.

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
I believe so, because our problem has been solved
Our biggest problem ironically is too many too good players , their ability overlapped each other thus caused confusion, preventing them for doing their job well, plus many players got overconfidence they are out of shape(Brown.Rozier.Hayward back from injury) 

By making the lineup changes the core problem has been solved permanently and after 20 games guys are starting to get in shape

Stevens is doing a godly job as always, this time he was experimenting while humble our guys, make them put winning above individuals

Now all i worry is severe injuries, baring one it's a cake walk for us to the finals

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Even during their slump, they have beaten contender teams such as Raps, Bucks, Pistons and Thunder. But now, they are finally taking care of the business against lottery teams too.

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think we have to beat some good teams to truly be back all the way.

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
I think we have to beat some good teams to truly be back all the way.
Philly, Milwaukee, Toronto...we already beat them
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
We've certainly turned a corner. I'll need to see sustain it for a longer period, and against some stiffer competition before I can be sure that it was "the" corner
I'm bitter.

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
We've certainly turned a corner. I'll need to see sustain it for a longer period, and against some stiffer competition before I can be sure that it was "the" corner

Couldn’t have said it better, TP.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
The schedule has certainly helped matters.  But it is nice to see the shooting improvement and the team developing more of an offensive flow.

You have some games against tougher competition later this month that should serve as a good barometer of how much along this team has progressed.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
We have won 6 of 7.  Granted, some of  those wins were ATL and CLE but we also beat decent teams like NOP and MIN.  In our "dark" period, we were losing many of those games so that is definitely improvement.  That does not mean we are where we want to be or need to be but I like the place we are at much better than the place we were a few weeks ago.

I think there will be additional adjustments to the line up/rotations.  I also think there will be some trade to address issues such as injuries that always come up.  I think we can beat any team in the east in a play off series although the best teams (MIL. TOR, PHI) are all right there with us.

Tonight will be a good test.  We seem to be a little banged up with Horford and Baynes having some injury question.  If we play well, we should still beat NOP.

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Yes. We're back in business!  8)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I don't think we've played a single team above .500 during this 7 game streak.  Let's see how we do against the Bucks on the 21st.

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Still need to test our meddle against an elite team, but I'm optimistic we have turned the corner.  Continuing to win games missing multiple top players is a good sign.

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
All things considered, if the Raptors lose tonight we are just 2 games in the loss column from the conference leaders. I think Toronto, Milwaukee and Philly are starting to show they weren't the teams they showed early. And now so are the Celtics.

Sure the schedule helped to get the team back on track but the Celtics have played the most road games and least amount of home games in the league. They also had a 5 game Western swing. No other East contender has. Come mid January I can see them in 1st place.