Author Topic: Lebron has to leave cleveland, right?  (Read 8719 times)

Lebron has to leave cleveland, right?
« on: May 06, 2018, 11:58:16 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
Its impressive what he has been doing these playoffs as an individual player. but you have to think at some point the Cavs will meet the buzzsaw that is the west and get decimated.

no cap space, and very little capital to improve their team unless they want to trade K.love/brooklyn pick.

I doubt lebron wants to have to play 40minutes per game at 34 and have to score in the 40+ every night to win next year.

Re: Lebron has to leave cleveland, right?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2018, 11:34:24 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
If he makes it to the finals with this atrocious squad, I don't think so. He'll probably flip the BKN pick to get more talent here.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2018, 12:05:59 AM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
Yeah the Final chapter will be with the Lakers or the Knicks. LeBron will began transitioning to life after basketball in his next stop, even with 5-8 years left in the league.

The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2018, 01:41:39 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Been thinking Lakers for awhile now.

First off, it’s LA. They are a perfect match. They will give him the largest ever contract for a guy that age. He wants to set the bar for what an older player can make, hence why they had the age raised to 38 for a max contract.

But then what? I still think it’s Chris Paul that joins him.

And then what do the Lakers get for Lonzo? You know they won’t deal with Lavar, so he’s gone. Can they make two deals using Ball, Ingram, Kuzma, and/or picks to get TWO stars? Not sure if/what they can do regarding a S&T using Randle (or even IT), but they would obviously explore that if it’s possible.

This is all under the assumption the Rockets or Cavs don’t win it all this year.

The only other team that would make sense from a legacy standpoint is the Knicks, as he would actually be a basketball God if he won them a title. They are just so far from being able to put anything good around him it doesn’t make it realistic.

And then there is Cleveland. Maybe he decides that’s where his legacy always was. That’s his city. They clearly aren’t afraid to make drastic changes and we may see them move the pick to get a star.

I think he needs more championships if he wants to realistically challenge Jordan for the GOAT talk. Does running off yet again to form another super team get him enough credit? Can he actually win again in Cleveland? I think he honestly still hasn’t made up his mind and how this season plays out will definitely be the deciding factor.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2018, 01:47:07 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
If the Celtics beat him he should really come to us on a min, he has earned a ton of salary anyways, while he gets a couple of rings at least.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2018, 02:36:09 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

First off, it’s LA. They are a perfect match. They will give him the largest ever contract for a guy that age. He wants to set the bar for what an older player can make, hence why they had the age raised to 38 for a max contract.

And then what do the Lakers get for Lonzo? You know they won’t deal with Lavar, so he’s gone. Can they make two deals using Ball, Ingram, Kuzma, and/or picks to get TWO stars? Not sure if/what they can do regarding a S&T using Randle (or even IT), but they would obviously explore that if it’s possible.

This is all under the assumption the Rockets or Cavs don’t win it all this year.

The only other team that would make sense from a legacy standpoint is the Knicks, as he would actually be a basketball God if he won them a title. They are just so far from being able to put anything good around him it doesn’t make it realistic.

And then there is Cleveland. Maybe he decides that’s where his legacy always was. That’s his city. They clearly aren’t afraid to make drastic changes and we may see them move the pick to get a star.

I think he needs more championships if he wants to realistically challenge Jordan for the GOAT talk. Does running off yet again to form another super team get him enough credit? Can he actually win again in Cleveland? I think he honestly still hasn’t made up his mind and how this season plays out will definitely be the deciding factor.
Why would CP3 leave Houston?
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2018, 02:41:24 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Why would CP3 leave Houston?
I think there’s an assumption floating around that Golden State creams em. Don’t think it’s a fair assumption
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2018, 02:42:07 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
If he makes it to the finals with this atrocious squad, I don't think so. He'll probably flip the BKN pick to get more talent here.
Amazing playoffs by LBJ so far. Hats off.

Regarding roster.
Guys LBJ wanted are there,
guys he didn't are not there.
Except for KI, who wanted to leave him.

LBJ fans, take the bad with the good.

I think he leaves. He never could sell us a story where he is the GOAT with just 3 chips in 20 years (15% of the total, meh). He isn't winning it in Cleveland and I think he would like to be considered as the one.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 02:53:27 AM by Androslav »
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2018, 03:45:55 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
If he wants to win another championship in his career, yeah.

Kevin Love is not going to be enough to win another title.

At the same time, I don't get the Lakers theory.  I think LeBron wants to win more titles.  He's obviously smart enough to recognize that his chance of winning titles is greater if he plays in the conference where his ability to make it to the Finals has been continuously unchallenged.

If he plays in the West, he'll need to beat the Warriors just to make the Finals, in all likelihood.  Why make his path to another title more difficult?

Despite this, I don't know if there are any really good options in the East.  The Sixers don't seem like a great fit, but it may be his best option.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 04:02:59 AM by PhoSita »
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2018, 05:12:17 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
Last time he left for MIA which had two established stars, if he leaves now it will be for a similarly proven roster. Philly and LAL only have a chance if they can add another all star calibre player. Otherwise I don't see what makes them better than what Lebron already has in Cleveland.

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2018, 08:17:07 AM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
I would leave if I were him. He brought CLE their ring. They couldn't figure out how to put a team together that would consistently compete. Blame it on their owner, their GM, and Lebron. Lebron the player doesn't deserve to play for Lebron GM. He deserves a team that actually has a seasoned coach and management team.

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2018, 08:31:05 AM »

Offline Ed Hollison

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 195
I think it's a near certainty he leaves, if for no other reason that the earth in Cleveland has now been fully scorched and that team has no path to get better.

As I'm watching this BOS-PHI series, I wonder if the Sixers are really a possibility. Can you imagine Lebron and Simmons on the floor together? That sounds like a total mess. And if you're Lebron, do you want to spend the last few years of your career surrounded by young players?

The problem is, I'm not sure the Lakers situation is that much better.
"A thought of hatred must be destroyed by a more powerful thought of love."

http://fruittreeblog.com

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2018, 08:32:41 AM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 306
He's going to LA, imo. His next move is about more than basketball.

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2018, 08:34:25 AM »

Offline Celtic Fan Forever

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2437
I hate to say it, because I really don’t want it to happen, but I think Philly is the most likely scenario. He’s gotta know at this point that being in the East is pretty much a guaranteed walk to the conference finals, and that Philly team is young and full of great talent and shooters that could thrive around him. All they really lack is an established veteran star, which he would give them (and he’d do wonders for Simmons and Embiid). A healthy Celtics with Kyrie vs. Sixers with LeBron would be the NBA’s dream ECF matchup too.
2023 CelticsStrong Historical Draft Champions - OKC Thunder
PG: Chauncey Billups/ Baron Davis
SG: Michael Redd/ Dan Majerle/ Allan Houston
SF: Peja Stojakovic/ Gerald Wallace/ Toni Kukoc
PF: Shawn Kemp/ Antonio McDyess
C: Dwight Howard/ Tyson Chandler

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2018, 08:48:54 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
The injury-plagued Celts have a chance to beat them this year.  It's hard to imagine him looking ahead and deciding that he can carry that shell of a Cavs team to any more Finals.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC