Author Topic: Semih in Docs doghouse?  (Read 6998 times)

Re: Semih in Docs doghouse?
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2011, 11:19:03 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Semih is hurt.  Doc has wanted to sit him down all year, because of his shoulder (among other things), and now he has a chance with both Oneals healthy.  This has nothing to do with Semih's performance. 

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2011, 11:42:19 AM »

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within
He has had a long season playing through most of the summer in the worlds and then going straight to Summer League. Glad they are resting him.

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2011, 11:53:49 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Semih is hurt.  Doc has wanted to sit him down all year, because of his shoulder (among other things), and now he has a chance with both Oneals healthy.  This has nothing to do with Semih's performance. 
Lets not kid ourselves either though, Semih performed at a third string C level in this league. With both O'Neals healthy he's got two C's ahead of him and should be glued to the bench even if he's healthy.

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2011, 11:55:50 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Lets not kid ourselves either though, Semih performed at a third string C level in this league. With both O'Neals healthy he's got two C's ahead of him and should be glued to the bench even if he's healthy.

While I agree, I think if he were healthy, he would be playing over Harangody right now. 

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2011, 12:01:05 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
I thought Dickerson or Blakely reported that Semih was feeling weak because of a battle w/ the flu.

« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2011, 12:01:34 PM »

Offline bruinsandceltics

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 130
  • ANYTHING is posssiiibbbbllee

While I agree, I think if he were healthy, he would be playing over Harangody right now. 

Disagree. Although he hasn't been hitting his shot much, Harangody spreads the court on offense and Semih can't do that. If Harangody were shooting a little better it wouldn't be a question as to who would be playing, but since he is struggling (like Wafer was for the first two months) people are questioning it.

Now once we are healthy neither of them should play in anything but huge blowouts.

« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2011, 12:05:36 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell

I have my doubts on that, mainly becuase I don't think Jermaine would be effective at the PF slot. Doc would probably try it out though.

« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2011, 12:10:33 PM »

Offline ben

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 43
Try to rotate Shaq, KG, JO, Perk and BBD in the same game
that will be more than a challenge to Doc

easy.  start shaq kg, use perk and jo as backup, never use bbd. 

« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2011, 12:31:17 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
I keep hearing about Semih's bad shoulder, yet nothing substantive about the nature of injury or the recovery time for any required surgery (would it be season-ending?).

TPs to anyone who can provide solid information on either front.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2011, 12:33:52 PM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • 36 charges and counting..
He should definitely be getting minutes over Harangody. I don't think him and JO will do any worse than JO and 'Gody.

He must be injured. I know his shoulder has been barking since the preseason, but I thought I heard something else was bothering him too.

Between Luke and BBD, I've never seen so many bricks put up with no hesitation, and seemingly no regret.

Can't wait for KG to come back lol

BBD shot 50% last night, did you watch the game?  And KG being back might help in getting Luke and his 4 shots on the bench but, no BBD will continue to shoot at least I hope he does for C's sake. 

I can't wait until we get KG back so he pass up an wide open 15 footer to force a TO.
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2011, 12:42:51 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
BBD shot 50% last night, did you watch the game?  And KG being back might help in getting Luke and his 4 shots on the bench but, no BBD will continue to shoot at least I hope he does for C's sake. 

I can't wait until we get KG back so he pass up an wide open 15 footer to force a TO.
KG and Davis are averaging basically the same number of turnovers, 1.2 to 1.5. Roughly the same minutes per game now with BBD having to play more lately. I'd rather a player move the ball too much than shoot to much.

Davis just needs to find the proper balance between moving the ball and being aggressive with taking his shots. Last night his shots were fine as was his ball movement, his issues were on the glas. Kevin Love really frustrated him badly.

« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2011, 12:45:53 PM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff

KG and Davis are averaging basically the same number of turnovers, 1.2 to 1.5. Roughly the same minutes per game now with BBD having to play more lately. I'd rather a player move the ball too much than shoot to much.

Davis just needs to find the proper balance between moving the ball and being aggressive with taking his shots. Last night his shots were fine as was his ball movement, his issues were on the glas. Kevin Love really frustrated him badly.

Agreed pretty much.  Although I didn't see very much frustration he didn't appear too upset by it all which was a bit disconcerting to me.  In regards to KG we all know he passes up shots from time to time to the detriment of the team.
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2011, 12:50:59 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell

Agreed pretty much.  Although I didn't see very much frustration he didn't appear too upset by it all which was a bit disconcerting to me.  In regards to KG we all know he passes up shots from time to time to the detriment of the team.
I think everyone on this team other than Ray and Paul do that a lot, a cost of being the best team in the league when it comes to assists. Rondo is the absolute worst offender.

« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2011, 12:55:37 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Between Luke and BBD, I've never seen so many bricks put up with no hesitation, and seemingly no regret.

Hesitation and regret aren't exactly desirable traits in nba players.

« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2011, 01:23:57 PM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff

I think everyone on this team other than Ray and Paul do that a lot, a cost of being the best team in the league when it comes to assists. Rondo is the absolute worst offender.

No doubt Rondo was killing me last night.  I mean I love the ball movement but, please shoot the ball when you are 2 feet from the rim.
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10