Author Topic: What is Cousins Worth Now?  (Read 1767 times)

What is Cousins Worth Now?
« on: June 11, 2019, 09:28:26 AM »

Offline nyceltsfan

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 31
Given all the hooplah around signing Irving and trading for Davis (as well as the uncertainty of it occurring) I was curious if the Celtics could potentially go another route.  Is it possible to bring in a low cost veteran point guard (Rondo, Rubio or George Hill) and get Cousins for the MLE?  I have no idea if and how this works, but if the team were relatively the same as last year and we swap Irving for Cousins and a low cost PG, is the team better?  I believe so.

Re: What is Cousins Worth Now?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2019, 09:32:04 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I would imagine he could make closer to 12-15 per year on a short deal.   

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2019, 09:32:10 AM »

RazzelnoDazzel

Ya know, I’ve been saying in my head for a while that no one is talking about his free agency. He’s not linked to no location at all which is odd. It may be a colder Free Agency for him this year than last year. I don’t think Bougie is going to get those Max dollars ever anymore. He’s so slow and fatigued, you can see it.

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2019, 09:35:37 AM »

Offline nyceltsfan

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 31
I am thinking that depending on the price, he is a low risk/high reward.  You don't have to gut the team to get him and he can play next to Horford.  At the very least, he helps with rebounding and gives us a post presence.  At his best, he dominates, so I would expect something in between.

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2019, 09:51:38 AM »

RazzelnoDazzel

I am thinking that depending on the price, he is a low risk/high reward.  You don't have to gut the team to get him and he can play next to Horford.  At the very least, he helps with rebounding and gives us a post presence.  At his best, he dominates, so I would expect something in between.

If you watch GSW Bougie is literally only out there for a contract. He’s really trying too hard and he’s making plentiful mistakes. I don’t think he has it in him to play an entire season at top level anymore to be honest man. I think if he’s going to take a pay cut he will choose a place he loves or go to the place that offers him the most money. Either way the answer will definitely not be Boston.

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2019, 09:55:29 AM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533
Ya know, I’ve been saying in my head for a while that no one is talking about his free agency. He’s not linked to no location at all which is odd. It may be a colder Free Agency for him this year than last year. I don’t think Bougie is going to get those Max dollars ever anymore. He’s so slow and fatigued, you can see it.
He's slow but he's also coming back from a very serious injury so any team that signs him is rolling the dice hoping he regains his lift and quickness.  Given his history, the price may be low enough where the C's take a look at him.  His demeanor looks downright subdued when he's on the same team as Draymond. 

He was impressive last night all things considered.

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2019, 09:56:30 AM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
And what is Durant worth now? Assuming he has a torn achilles. Durant changes the entire FA picture. Cousins isn't the same dominating force, but he still has some value as a bench player.  With Durant out of the picture, the big market media pressure on Davis is going to increase. It may even affect Irving's  outlook, since the Celtics have always been the logical place for him.

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2019, 10:22:19 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Less than Brook Lopez.

So non-taxpayer MLE?

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2019, 10:52:45 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
I would take a gamble on him at the MLE, I doubt he takes it though.

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2019, 11:24:57 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I'd say you could gamble and give him one year in the $15 million range, or you could go two years in the $10-12 million range.

Would not give him more than two years guaranteed under any circumstances.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2019, 01:52:30 PM »

Offline satch

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 136
Many folks have cousins they wish they didn't have. I see no need to add one more.

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2019, 08:49:48 PM »

Offline __ramonezy__

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 62
I would love this and thinks his offensive game would compliment the Jays well