Author Topic: Sacramento Kings 2018-19 Season Watch Thread  (Read 123650 times)

Re: Sacramento Kings 2018-19 Season Watch Thread
« Reply #60 on: May 17, 2018, 10:44:44 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
Praying Sac drafts Doncic

This way we still have a chance at a high pick in 2019
Doncic is a winner. He will make that team better.

So was Saric

Doncic is the SG version of Saric

good but not franchise calibre. Defense is average on the nba court. watch
Doncic is significantly better than Saric. He's the best prospect to ever come out of Europe.

They also said that about Rubio

What happened?

You really seem to truly know european basketball  :o

Rubio was a wonder kid you played at the top level ..... Doncic dominates. He leads Real Madrid he doesn't just play for Real.

Suddenly being something like the starting pg for a top8 team in NBA is a bad thing.....

Doncic avg 15 pts , 5 ass, 5 reb last season

How is this "dominate"??

ok... be honest.. you haven't watched more than 3 mins of european basketball ....

Everyone is entitled of an opinion but trying to prove people wrong when you clearly don't know what you are talking about is plain stupid.

watch the euroleague final four this weekend ... you may learn something

« Reply #61 on: May 17, 2018, 11:08:30 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
I know in other discussions some people were concerned that the Kings would be bad enough that they were likely to win the lottery next year.  I didn't think they'd be that bad but somewhere in the bottom 5.  Now, with them having the 2nd pick this year, I'm not so sure they end up bottom 5 next year.

They will either get Ayton or Doncic.  either one will make them better than a lot of the other bottom feeder teams this season.  We could see that pick slide to 8-10.  Still should get a decent prospect at that point but not as good a prospect as we had hoped.

hope I'm wrong, but if the Suns take Ayton as I suspect, Doncic seems to bring a lot of talent that the Kings really need and could turn them into a below-mediocre team from a bottom feeder.
Fox/Hield/Doncic/Jackson/WCS  decent young starting 5.  not world beaters but not complete stiffs either.
Bogdonovic, Skal, Koufos, Temple.  not a great bench but as a team, could win their fair share against bad teams.

Certainly too early to tell as we don’t know what other teams will do. May see teams like Toronto and/or Cleveland blow it up, while teams like the Lakers or Knicks may rise.

Regardless, isn’t the lottery reform coming next year? Meaning it will be pretty level odds for the worst teams and much more of a crapshoot.

All told, I’d be fine if Danny moves the pick. We still have the potential of three firsts (although unlikely and I’m hoping that Memphis pick keeps rolling over until it’s unprotected) and I haven’t heard that class is notable just yet.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #62 on: May 17, 2018, 11:09:20 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

So was Saric

Doncic is significantly better than Saric. He's the best prospect to ever come out of Europe.

What happened?

Rubio was a wonder kid you played at the top level ..... Doncic dominates. He leads Real Madrid he doesn't just play for Real.

Suddenly being something like the starting pg for a top8 team in NBA is a bad thing.....

How is this "dominate"??

ok... be honest.. you haven't watched more than 3 mins of european basketball ....

Everyone is entitled of an opinion but trying to prove people wrong when you clearly don't know what you are talking about is plain stupid.

what is plain stupid is labelling 15, 5, 5 as "dominate"

get the facts straight

potential is one thing, dominate is another

« Reply #63 on: May 17, 2018, 11:15:02 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

So was Saric

What happened?

How is this "dominate"??
Maybe it's got something to do with playing 25mpg.

I really question your knowledge of Euro ball

I have seen him play several times.   He is good overall prospect but overhyped

If you think he is going to "Donovon Mitchell" the Kings or Suns out of the basement, I highly disagree

« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 11:22:31 AM by triboy16f »

« Reply #64 on: May 17, 2018, 11:26:31 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Why am I not shocked that 15-5-5 doesn't impress.

« Reply #65 on: May 17, 2018, 11:28:48 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Oh and the MVP of Euroleague last year?

16-6-2

::)

« Reply #66 on: May 17, 2018, 11:29:53 AM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
The Doncic / Saric comparisons are absurd. Doncic is a better player right now. The only thing Saric is ahead of Doncic is he's physically more mature. The proof will be evident next year when we'll see Doncic don an NBA jersey and start ballin'. Saric didn't come over here until he was 22 years old. Doncic will be 19 when he makes his debut. I like Saric but you won't find a single person who'll swap him (and a pick, just for kicks) for Doncic.

« Reply #67 on: May 17, 2018, 11:47:09 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
The Doncic / Saric comparisons are absurd. Doncic is a better player right now. The only thing Saric is ahead of Doncic is he's physically more mature. The proof will be evident next year when we'll see Doncic don an NBA jersey and start ballin'. Saric didn't come over here until he was 22 years old. Doncic will be 19 when he makes his debut. I like Saric but you won't find a single person who'll swap him (and a pick, just for kicks) for Doncic.

you think Saric career prior to the NBA was a piece of toast???

Cibona Zagreb (2012–2014)
After Saric had registered a triple-double in the final game with 19 points, 14 rebounds and 10 assists, in addition to 10 drawn fouls, he was named the MVP of the tournament.

Anadolu Efes (2014–2016)
He was named the EuroLeague 2014–15 season's MVP of the Month for the month of November, becoming the youngest player in EuroLeague history to win the monthly MVP award.Over 4 EuroLeague games in November, he averaged 15.5 points and 7.8 rebounds per game.

In January 2015, he was named the 2014 FIBA Europe Young Men's Player of the Year, his second consecutive award.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 11:58:10 AM by triboy16f »

« Reply #68 on: May 17, 2018, 11:55:45 AM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
Like I said, we won't know until they roll the ball out for Doncic but you will be surprised by how much better he is over Saric. Let's not forget Saric is a 6'10 power forward and Doncic is a 6'7 point forward. Doncic is fun to watch (not to be confused with Rubio fun to watch), just how easy the game comes to him and has more skills than Saric. The values are not comparable in my opinion.

« Reply #70 on: May 17, 2018, 12:04:52 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
I don't think any pick is going to help the Kings win many games next season, it is very rare that rookies make an immediate impact (but certainly not unprecedented).  It should be a decent pick, top 10 almost for sure and with a fairly high chance to be top 5.

When you consider that it is just the gravy on top of Tatum, I am good with that.

« Reply #71 on: May 17, 2018, 12:06:30 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
Anyone know anything about Bruno Fernando? NBADraft.net has him listed as #2 in the 2019 draft.

Mike

« Reply #72 on: May 17, 2018, 12:12:43 PM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279

So was Saric

What happened?

How is this "dominate"??

what is plain stupid is labelling 15, 5, 5 as "dominate"

get the facts straight

potential is one thing, dominate is another

The fact is that you have absolutely no idea what is euroleague.

That is the stag line of a dominant player in europe. Like it or not... And that stat line while leading a team like Real is impressive. He is 19 playing against grown men who are actual basket players players. He doesn't play in China nor against college kids.

« Reply #73 on: May 17, 2018, 12:19:41 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Best case is they draft Doncic and he initially stays overseas like Rubio

Seems extremely unlikely any player they pick will propel them to the playoffs in the West though, where they haven’t been since 2006

« Reply #74 on: May 17, 2018, 12:35:39 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Best case is they draft Doncic and he initially stays overseas like Rubio

Seems extremely unlikely any player they pick will propel them to the playoffs in the West though, where they haven’t been since 2006
agreed, unlikely any player drafted will get them to the playoffs but Doncic, moreso than Ayton, would fit that team a bit better and quite possibly help their current prospects to develop a bit quicker.  Kings may improve themselves enough to move from a likely top 5 pick next year to between 8-10.  Granted, that's gravy considering the Tatum/Fultz differential but I'm greedy and want a top 5 pick.

Considering the $ for the second pick, that'd be a lot for Doncic to turn down (in addition to extending his ties to the Kings for as long as he stays in Europe).  It'd certainly help the C's get a better pick next year so I'm all for Doncic staying away for another year but I just don't see that realistically happening.