Author Topic: 2019 Summer Rumors official thread  (Read 198695 times)

Re: 2019 Summer Rumors official thread
« Reply #105 on: June 25, 2019, 03:46:59 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
http://twitter.com/rick_bonnell/status/1143600178689183744

Two NBA sources confirm
@TheSteinLine
 report that Celtics are seriously interested in
@KembaWalker
. I doubt the Hornets put this thing to bed pre-emptively when free-agency opens June 30. Plenty of suitors, and I assume Kemba will listen to all the pitches.

Bonnell is a Charlotte beat guy who knows his stuff.

This may actually be realistic. If the Hornets stall and don’t offer him the supermax right from the get-go, then he could very well seek out greener pastures elsewhere where there is a better shot to win.

As long as we have an idea about how to solidify the frontcourt in addition to signing Kemba, I’m all for this.

« Reply #106 on: June 25, 2019, 03:51:24 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
We can add Dallas to the list of teams going hard after Kemba along with Boston per Stein.

« Reply #107 on: June 25, 2019, 04:07:13 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Restricted free agent Kristaps Porzingis and the Dallas Mavericks will meet when free agency opens on June 30 and the franchise plans to offer Porzingis a full five-year, $158 million maximum contract, league sources tell @TheAthleticNBA.

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1143607395211497472

« Reply #108 on: June 25, 2019, 04:12:15 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
The biggest rumor of the day for the Celtics is that they're pursuing Kemba, we're going to talk about Kemba. Summer Rumors Thread.

Threads are like your kids, you can start them off in the right direction, but in the end they're going to sneak out, get fake ids, and break curfew.

No use crying about it, just part of growing up.

I was mainly objecting into this becoming a hypothetical trade discussion with people proposing trades that have not been rumored at all and debating salary ramifications of hypo trades, but if that seems unreasonable and people want to do it, it is fine. It just seems like we can have trade ideas in separate threads to me.

« Reply #109 on: June 25, 2019, 04:12:42 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
Restricted free agent Kristaps Porzingis and the Dallas Mavericks will meet when free agency opens on June 30 and the franchise plans to offer Porzingis a full five-year, $158 million maximum contract, league sources tell @TheAthleticNBA.

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1143607395211497472

I would be pretty surprised if he doesn't just sign there.

« Reply #110 on: June 25, 2019, 04:18:11 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Well, so far there’s rumors that Dallas will offer KP the max right out of the gate, they’re going after Kemba (another max), and then after Horford at at least $25M+.

They can probably get two of those but not all three unless they move significant salary, which looks unlikely. If they’re offering KP the max out of the gate, that’ll leave them with either Horford or Kemba.

Have to think Kemba finds Boston more attractive than Dallas, as by adding him we’re a big guy/major Timelord jump away from contention right now. Even signing Kemba and KP this summer, I don’t see them competing for a championship in the next few years of Kemba’s prime, especially with the uncertainty of KP’s injury.

« Reply #111 on: June 25, 2019, 04:19:05 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Saw some debate about what belongs in the thread. How about a little compromise. All talk regarding rumors is cool. What isn't is coming up with your own trade ideas and trying to push your own trade thereby derailing the thread.
So talk about actual rumors allowed. Pushing your own trade ideas not allowed.

And TP to Fafnir for his excellent description of my children's childhood years, though, you missed a ton of other "fun" stuff.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 04:25:01 PM by nickagneta »

« Reply #112 on: June 25, 2019, 04:21:28 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
Well, so far there’s rumors that Dallas will offer KP the max right out of the gate, they’re going after Kemba (another max), and then after Horford at at least $25M+.

They can probably get two of those but not all three unless they move significant salary, which looks unlikely. If they’re offering KP the max out of the gate, that’ll leave them with either Horford or Kemba.

Have to think Kemba finds Boston more attractive than Dallas, as by adding him we’re a big guy/major Timelord jump away from contention right now. Even signing Kemba and KP this summer, I don’t see them competing for a championship in the next few years of Kemba’s prime, especially with the uncertainty of KP’s injury.

I don’t think Kemba is a fit there with Luka.  Horford is a much better fit if he would sign for 3 years and a team option. 
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #113 on: June 25, 2019, 04:29:54 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell

I don’t think Kemba is a fit there with Luka.  Horford is a much better fit if he would sign for 3 years and a team option.
I think Kemba is a great fit for Doncic. Kemba is great off the ball and can really shoot.

I do think that Horford's firm offer isn't from Dallas, though they might have a conditional bid on him at the biggest dollar amount if their primary targets don't say yes.

« Reply #114 on: June 25, 2019, 04:31:29 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
Saw some debate about what belongs in the thread. How about a little compromise. All talk regarding rumors is cool. What isn't is coming up with your own trade ideas and trying to push your own trade thereby derailing the thread.
So talk about actual rumors allowed. Pushing your own trade ideas not allowed.

And TP to Fafnir for his excellent description of my children's childhood years, though, you missed a ton of other "fun" stuff.

Makes sense to me Nick and apologies to anyone if i came off crabby about it.

« Reply #115 on: June 25, 2019, 04:31:56 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

I think Kemba is a great fit for Doncic. Kemba is great off the ball and can really shoot.

I do think that Horford's firm offer isn't from Dallas, though they might have a conditional bid on him at the biggest dollar amount if their primary targets don't say yes.
It has been reported that Dallas and the Clippers are Horford's biggest suitors. If Dallas gets Kemba and the Clippers don't sign Kawhi (and thus are not interested in Horford) I could see Al back in Boston.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #116 on: June 25, 2019, 04:33:24 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
It has been reported that Dallas and the Clippers are Horford's biggest suitors. If Dallas gets Kemba and the Clippers don't sign Kawhi (and thus are not interested in Horford) I could see Al back in Boston.
Possible!

This makes me think that Kawhi might have already told the Clippers he is coming. How else could they be as aggressive pursuing Horford to price Boston out of it?

« Reply #117 on: June 25, 2019, 04:38:44 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
Possible!

This makes me think that Kawhi might have already told the Clippers he is coming. How else could they be as aggressive pursuing Horford to price Boston out of it?

I thought most people had Leonard leaning towards signing a 1+1 with Toronto?

« Reply #118 on: June 25, 2019, 04:56:20 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Possible!

Maybe the Clippers told Al's agent that they would sign him to a 4/112 deal if they signed Kawhi. Since that would be more money and a chance at a title he decided to wait to see what happens in LA before signing with Boston.

I frankly have a difficult time deciphering rumors. Most rumors make it seem like free agents have made up their minds long before July 1st, but personally I find it hard to believe that players have made up their minds before they take any meetings. If players knew they were gone before taking a meeting, I assume the team would have an inkling of that and not bother to meet with that free agent.

DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #119 on: June 25, 2019, 05:03:57 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Possible!

I thought most people had Leonard leaning towards signing a 1+1 with Toronto?

i think he will ...he kinda owes them another year .  treated well, hero status , new friends ,  dream season.  I doubt signing with Doc or Lakers last year would have given him a ring .  He can always go to CA  :angel:  smh