Author Topic: Toine's brother says he's a different kind of Cat  (Read 3678 times)

Toine's brother says he's a different kind of Cat
« on: November 08, 2008, 03:56:29 PM »

Offline PSquared

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 36
UK notes: Walker's brother says he's a different kind of Cat
Antoine's brother doesn't dance to the same tune
By Jerry Tipton / jtipton@herald-leader.com

A younger brother of former Kentucky standout Antoine Walker will be a walk-on player this season. That's younger brother, not a mini me, Jarvis Walker made clear.

For instance, the younger Walker does not plan to do a shimmy dance after making a shot as his older brother did for UK in the mid-1990s.

"I did it one game my senior year of high school," Jarvis said at UK's Media Day on Wednesday. "I'm not going to do it here, though. I'll probably make up my own dance."

Jarvis is a 6-foot-4 player. He came to UK after attending John A. Logan Community College, where he averaged 15.2 points, 6.4 rebounds and 3.7 assists last season. He'll have two seasons of eligibility.

Of course, Antoine was an all-purpose 6-8 forward.

When asked to compare his game to his older brother's, Jarvis said, "I don't see any similarities."

Then flashing a sly wit, Jarvis added, "People might say he might be better because he's in the NBA."Antoine, a quick-trigger three-point shooter, is playing for the Memphis Grizzlies.

"I can shoot my share of threes," Jarvis said before adding, "I'm not going to hit as many."

Jarvis, who will wear No. 20 (Antoine wore No. 24), remembers his brother playing for Kentucky. He attended the 1996 championship game victory over Syracuse.

His path to UK started when someone saw him playing in an open-gym atmosphere this summer, Jarvis said.

"It's been kind of crazy because everybody is probably expecting me to be like him," Jarvis said of Antoine. "But I'm different. So I'm going to help the team win games anyway they want me to. Defend. Rebound. Dribble. Anything they want me to do."

http://www.kentucky.com/818/story/557199.html

Very interesting considering that I never knew Toine had a Brother in the College Ranks....Hope he is just as successful there as Toine was.  :)

Re: Toine's brother says he's a different kind of Cat
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2008, 04:08:14 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
This could be the end of the "Bring Back Twoine" threads, and the start of the "Draft Twoine's Brother" threads.  Of course this assumes he was anywhere near the talent of his big bro.
Yup

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2008, 04:49:16 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
This could be the end of the "Bring Back Twoine" threads, and the start of the "Draft Twoine's Brother" threads.  Of course this assumes he was anywhere near the talent of his big bro.

lets start an NBDL team, called the Walkers

we could have:

Toine
Toine's brother
Samaki
Kenny Sky
Ill Bill

When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2008, 04:57:27 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup

lets start an NBDL team, called the Walkers

we could have:

Toine
Toine's brother
Samaki
Kenny Sky
Ill Bill

DYN-O-MITE IDEA!

"I'll coach"
Yup

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2008, 05:17:43 PM »

Offline PSquared

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 36

Jarvis is a 6-foot-4 player. He came to UK after attending John A. Logan Community College, where he averaged 15.2 points, 6.4 rebounds and 3.7 assists last season. He'll have two seasons of eligibility.

Well...the POTENTIAL is there.   Though I figure he'll have much more athleticism on the court and much much more restraint on the 3-pt shooting than his bro.   

And yes....attention, Celtics.   DRAFT TOINE'S BROTHER!!!   WOOOOOT!!  ;D