Author Topic: Lucky17's Yahoo! Points Hoops League: 2014 Offseason: Post Lottery  (Read 326558 times)

Re: Lucky17's Yahoo! Points Hoops League: 2014 Offseason: Post Lottery
« Reply #300 on: December 02, 2014, 02:26:48 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Going to move Chris Andersen. Looking for a 2nd, don't care if you're picking last.

I'll give you a turd sandwich for him
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #301 on: December 03, 2014, 04:08:32 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Well, made my first trade:

Lucky's Strikes Trades:
Pau Gasol
Brandon Jennings
Arron Afflalo

Bellvue Leprachans Trades:
Alex Len
CJ McCollum
Ubuntu's 1st
Kwhit10's 2nd

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #302 on: December 03, 2014, 05:39:05 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254

Lucky's Strikes Trades:
Pau Gasol
Brandon Jennings
Arron Afflalo

Alex Len
CJ McCollum
Ubuntu's 1st
Kwhit10's 2nd
I don't understand how BelleV keeps getting these absurdly awesome trades. Who gets that? Who gets a borderline all star, a decent young pg in his prime, and a fine young swingman, for a backup big, a bust backup combo guard, and two late picks?

Darn BV. You are good at trades.

« Reply #303 on: December 03, 2014, 05:57:16 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

Lucky's Strikes Trades:
Pau Gasol
Brandon Jennings
Arron Afflalo

Alex Len
CJ McCollum
Ubuntu's 1st
Kwhit10's 2nd
I don't understand how BelleV keeps getting these absurdly awesome trades. Who gets that? Who gets a borderline all star, a decent young pg in his prime, and a fine young swingman, for a backup big, a bust backup combo guard, and two late picks?

Darn BV. You are good at trades.

Yes. He is a predator.

« Reply #304 on: December 03, 2014, 06:58:14 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
Well anywho, here's my justification:

1) Alex Len: I wanted him. I think he'll be a top 5 center in a few years if he stays healthy.

2) I don't know why I came here tonight, I got a feeling like something ain't right: I did not want to be 'stuck in the middle with you'. The team is built to be 'good'. i love the youths, I like taking chances, and I took my first one here. I might have got taken, but if I did, LB33 earned it.

3) I kind of personally hate Pau Gasol and Brandon Jennings and Im glad they're gone.

« Reply #305 on: December 03, 2014, 07:19:55 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Eja...  I gave up more than Juggs did for Dirk, Wade, Al Jefferson and Boozer.  I could regret this.  Len will be a starter for the Suns very soon.  I know some people are dogging on CJ McCollum, but let's see what happens in a couple weeks when he comes back.  I'm telling you that kid can play.  And I hate giving up 1st rounders like that.  Long-term, I will probably regret that move. 

I made the same moves last year when I decided I didn't want to be in the middle of the pack... I didn't want Tyson Chandler, Klay Thompson, Kemba Walker, Jameer Nelson and Carlos Boozer keeping me afloat, so I dumped them for elite prospects and subsequently tanked my own pick in the process so I could land Dante Exum and rebuild.

« Reply #306 on: December 03, 2014, 07:49:22 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
We will see how good he becomes. I like that I got his pick. I think it keeps it's value. A few of the guy's under Bellevue will be punished for missing games. Not worried about three late firsts for an early 2nd and potentially very early 1st.

If the injury bug hits up Bellevue then his pick has a legit chance at getting me a stud in the upcoming draft.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #307 on: December 03, 2014, 08:11:45 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
It's been a fun season... I'm really excited to see how much better Jugg's get now that they have Wade, Al Jefferson, Boozer and Dirk... Looks like we will be crowning a new champion this year.

« Reply #308 on: December 03, 2014, 09:00:27 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Seems like Demo is beating the crud out of the Griz front line tonight so far

« Reply #309 on: December 03, 2014, 09:04:29 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Eja...  I gave up more than Juggs did for Dirk, Wade, Al Jefferson and Boozer.  I could regret this.  Len will be a starter for the Suns very soon.  I know some people are dogging on CJ McCollum, but let's see what happens in a couple weeks when he comes back.  I'm telling you that kid can play.  And I hate giving up 1st rounders like that.  Long-term, I will probably regret that move. 

I made the same moves last year when I decided I didn't want to be in the middle of the pack... I didn't want Tyson Chandler, Klay Thompson, Kemba Walker, Jameer Nelson and Carlos Boozer keeping me afloat, so I dumped them for elite prospects and subsequently tanked my own pick in the process so I could land Dante Exum and rebuild.
I admit the market sorta got set when someone landed four all stars for a box of cheerios. It used to be 4 all stars...well really two and two starters and a pick....could land you Anthony Davis, and people got pretty mad about that.

« Reply #310 on: December 03, 2014, 09:18:37 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
The market shifts, I guess.  At one time, people were giving away superstar vets to the two powerhouse franchises and getting middling young assets in return.  Now that one of the powerhouse franchises is taking a step back, it apparently takes superstar prospects like Alex Len to even get a call back. 

« Reply #311 on: December 03, 2014, 10:01:59 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
Id like to further justify my trade but nobody is really calling me on it. Someone say something concrete, something with real meat about why I got fleeced.

« Reply #312 on: December 03, 2014, 10:19:01 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
It's just something people do here... last year there were tons of threads where people bashed each other over the trades they made.  It got pretty heated... people were threatening to quit because of the amount of messages flooding their inbox.  Lol.  It's been really quiet so far this season... which is a good thing.   The first trade I made, every single person said I got fleeced and gave up too many assets... I got Kobe Bryant in that deal.  Everyone said Kobe was garbage and that I was an idiot for trading for him (likely so I'd devalue Kobe and trade him)... so I panic traded him for pennies... and now look at him.  He's proving he's as good a fantasy contributor as he's ever been.   

Point is, get use to running commentary.  It's part of this league. Don't take it personally.  Everyone does it to everyone.  It's mostly mind games, I think.

« Reply #313 on: December 03, 2014, 10:28:32 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
It's just something people do here... last year there were tons of threads where people bashed each other over the trades they made.  It got pretty heated... people were threatening to quit because of the amount of messages flooding their inbox.  Lol.  It's been really quiet so far this season... which is a good thing.   The first trade I made, every single person said I got fleeced and gave up too many assets... I got Kobe Bryant in that deal.  Everyone said Kobe was garbage and that I was an idiot for trading for him (likely so I'd devalue Kobe and trade him)... so I panic traded him for pennies... and now look at him.  He's proving he's as good a fantasy contributor as he's ever been.   

Point is, get use to running commentary.  It's part of this league. Don't take it personally.  Everyone does it to everyone.  It's mostly mind games, I think.

Well, I think there is a point to be made. Pau Gasol put up 40+ fantasy points tonight. Alex Len is likely years away from approaching that stat line. There was value exchanged, I'd just like to argue the point that I got value back as well.

But as I say this, I see the trade proposals I got since the trade went out.

1) I'm not trading Russell Westbrook. He's 26 and a top-20 player.

2) I'm not trading Al Horford, I like him.

3) I'm probably not trading Tobias Harris (I'm a fan, and think he's going to be a player for a long time) or Larry Sanders.

So like...there's that.

« Reply #314 on: December 03, 2014, 10:35:25 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
And also, to the notion that trading pau, Jennings and Afflalo but staunchly keeping Horford, Westbrook, and Harris is counter-intuitive, I have this to offer: