Author Topic: Kyrie the Impulsive Snake: "In my heart I always knew I wanted to play at home"  (Read 2472 times)

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
https://twitter.com/ESPNNBA/status/1145807698308599809?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1145807698308599809&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fnba.nbcsports.com%2F2019%2F07%2F01%2Fkyrie-irving-on-choosing-brooklyn-in-my-heart-i-knew-i-always-wanted-to-play-at-home%2F

"In my heart I knew I always wanted to play at home [in Brooklyn]. Home is where my heart is, and it's always been there."

What a load of crap. Let's recap the timeline, shall we:

Sometime in 2012 when a kid asked him if he would leave Cleveland like Lebron left Cleveland: "No. I won't leave." https://nba.nbcsports.com/2013/10/09/kyrie-irving-tells-children-he-wont-leave-cavaliers-like-lebron-did-video/

February 12, 2015: (When asked if he'll be the only local player in the 2015 All Star Game in NYC) "No, No. Maybe if it was at the Izod Center, I would consider it a homecoming. But New York is New York. I'm from New Jersey." "There's always going to be a division between New York and New Jersey," Irving said. "Because I grew up playing against New York basketball players and everyone in the tri-state area and that's why I'm so prideful from where I'm from in New Jersey." https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/kyrie-irving-rising-star-reflects-jersey-edge-nyc-article-1.2113164

July 24, 2017: Kyrie requests trade from Cleveland - notably New York is on his list but not Brooklyn. https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/20124505/kyrie-irving-seeking-trade-cleveland-cavaliers

October 4, 2018: “If you guys will have me back, I plan on re-signing here [in Boston].” https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2018/10/04/kyrie-tells-fans-ill-be-back-if-you-guys-will-have-me/38052145/

November 24, 2018: ESPN commercial airs showing Irving playing ball with his dad saying he wants his jersey in the Celtics rafters https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bbA0T142L4

February 1, 2019: "Ask me July 1st." https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/celtics/2019/02/01/kyrie-irving-backpedals-boston-celtics-commitment/2743445002/

July 1, 2019: "In my heart I knew I always wanted to play at home [in Brooklyn]. Home is where my heart is, and it's always been there." https://twitter.com/ESPNNBA/status/1145807698308599809?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1145807698308599809&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fnba.nbcsports.com%2F2019%2F07%2F01%2Fkyrie-irving-on-choosing-brooklyn-in-my-heart-i-knew-i-always-wanted-to-play-at-home%2F

The dude is such an immature, perpetual malcontent that is about as impulsive as they come, which drives his nearly continuous unhappiness. He literally contradicts himself all of the time and cannot keep his story straight due to his impulsivity - he said he'd never leave Cleveland and then requested a trade a few years later; he was from Jersey not New York City back in 2015 but now New York CIty is "home"; today he always wanted to be back "home" but committed to Boston back in October and made the commercial about wanting his jersey in the rafters in November; etc. And let's not forget the fact that the Nets were not on his list of trade destinations during his trade request, only New York was.

This kind of stuff drives me nuts, because it's all so connected with that fake, pseudointellectual persona he tries to convince everyone of, even though he sounds like a stoner who just took a big hit off his bong and is trying to explain to you why you why chem trails in the sky are real.  ::) While I wish we could've got assets for him instead of him walking for nothing, I'm so glad we don't have to deal with this pseudointellectual diva anymore, and I'm so happy to get a guy with character as a replacement.

Rant over.

EDIT: I mean, it's completely okay if someone wants to go back home to play. As someone who has moved his wife and kids all over the country for his education and career, I completely get the longing to go back home to family and friends. However, if that's what you want then own it and don't talk out of both sides of your mouth all year saying you want something if you really don't.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 10:21:25 PM by jpotter33 »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
He'll never find happiness looking outward before he resolves whatever internal struggles he has.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
I'm glad he is gone!
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
He'll never find happiness looking outward before he resolves whatever internal struggles he has.

Starts with him being vegan.  I have never met one who is happy.

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Hypocrite and liar to us all then....Dead to me..No finals for you for rest of your life! I love saying things that I know deep down are not true....I am a great leader who lies... wish him nothing but utter failure and scrutiny from that NY media.

Pathetic...thankfully he is gone...And I was one of his biggest supporters on here. Spoke to a Cleveland fan today who Could work with who warned me he would spurn us like he did to them. He said his character is that of a chameleon...he hates him as do most of Cleveland.

• Don Nelson
Pretty sure Webster has a picture of Kyrie next to chameleon  and liar.

no words needed for him.

Absolute antonym for the word class and truth.

So, Pierce was the Truth and Kyrie is the Liar...perfect...

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906

Lol TP.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
not even worth my time anymore

I hope Kemba continues to torch him

One of the worst 1 on 1 defender in the league.  Scared of physicality.  Nets signed with the Devil if you ask me

• Don Nelson
I am pretty sure we should serenade him in Boston

“ Liar, Liar, Quitter, Quitter, Liar, Liar....”😁

Kyrie the Liar has a poetic ring to it.

See, I am loyal to those who deserve it and those who lie, get the opposite. I am finally on the side that so many were and now see the light.

• Don Nelson

One of the worst 1 on 1 defender in the league.  Scared of physicality.  Nets signed with the Devil if you ask me

Even the Devil knows the Earth is round. Maybe a dumb devil.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Mctyson ...  guessing you dig Mcdonalds?  ;D

Beyond meat hamburger is very good, give it a try~

It's not that Irving is Vegan....  it's because he thinks he is the chosen one or something, when he is clearly not

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Even the Devil knows the Earth is round. Maybe a dumb devil.

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

It's not that Irving is Vegan....  it's because he thinks he is the chosen one or something, when he is clearly not

Funny story...

When I was in El Chorro (small village in Baja) this winter visiting my cousin I came across these people at a party that were rather prickly about odd things.  Turns out they were from a 'compound' where a bunch of vegans live.  The locals affectionately refer to them as "los veganos furiosos".

Just thought I'd share, it made me laugh a little remembering that.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Funny story...

When I was in El Chorro (small village in Baja) this winter visiting my cousin I came across these people at a party that were rather prickly about odd things.  Turns out they were from a 'compound' where a bunch of vegans live.  The locals affectionately refer to them as "los veganos furiosos".

Just thought I'd share, it made me laugh a little remembering that.

no kidding lol

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1956
Well, Brooklyn will get a taste of what Kyrie is all about real soon.  I'm guessing the knowledgeable portion of their fanbase already knows what to expect.  But without a healthy KD, they'll get a moody, selfish 2nd-tier star that not only thinks too highly of himself, but is incapable of being an alpha on a contending team.