Author Topic: Reading Tea Leaves...Kawhi looks like he wants to be a Laker  (Read 4203 times)

Re: Reading Tea Leaves...Kawhi looks like he wants to be a Laker
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2019, 02:07:09 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 873
  • GOT IT!!!
The Lakers need Kawhi more than he needs them. That’s why he will be viewed differently when he ends up there.

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2019, 02:08:51 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
I think the lakers are leaking A LOT of these stories.  I can't say I know what the motive would be for this particular story but notice that nothing is really coming out about the Raptors or Clippers.

Yeah, why are people instantly believing this? Nothing has happened yet.

Because everyone that said he would not go to the Lakers was just wishful thinking. Lakers are favorites.

According to who? Reports likely leaked by the Lakers? Right now it just seems that Leonard is still doing meetings, there’s no decision yet.

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2019, 02:10:15 PM »

Online jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Time to start hammering home how the 5 Minneapolis Titles don't count toward the current Lakers count. This could get messy fast. Lebron and now Kawhi signing with the Lakers after years of incompetence? To be able to sign - for free, mind you - two of the top 3 players in the NBA just because you are the Lakers is super-lame.

Don't get me wrong, I am appreciate the fact that we signed 3 in their prime All-Stars in the last 4 off-seasons and I am also appreciative of the hard work that Danny and our front office has done, but if Kawhi signs with the Lakers, it will just kind-of ruin the NBA.

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2019, 02:11:16 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I think the lakers are leaking A LOT of these stories.  I can't say I know what the motive would be for this particular story but notice that nothing is really coming out about the Raptors or Clippers.

Because everyone that said he would not go to the Lakers was just wishful thinking. Lakers are favorites.

According to who? Reports likely leaked by the Lakers? Right now it just seems that Leonard is still doing meetings, there’s no decision yet.

Correct.

The report is just about what was discussed.  Nothing was mentioned about what Kawhi thought of any of it.

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2019, 02:11:57 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
Time to start hammering home how the 5 Minneapolis Titles don't count toward the current Lakers count. This could get messy fast. Lebron and now Kawhi signing with the Lakers after years of incompetence? To be able to sign - for free, mind you - two of the top 3 players in the NBA just because you are the Lakers is super-lame.

Don't get me wrong, I am appreciate the fact that we signed 3 in their prime All-Stars in the last 4 off-seasons and I am also appreciative of the hard work that Danny and our front office has done, but if Kawhi signs with the Lakers, it will just kind-of ruin the NBA.

Wait, did Kawhi sign yet?

« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2019, 02:14:40 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 743
According to @RicBucher, he is hearing there is still a good chance that Kawhi stays in Toronto on a 2-Year deal with a player-option for year 2.

https://twitter.com/TheHoopCentral/status/1145751079323258880

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2019, 02:16:30 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo

Correct.

The report is just about what was discussed.  Nothing was mentioned about what Kawhi thought of any of it.

So stay calm and allow free agency to play out. It’s not worth worrying over things that may or may not happen. Lakers love to leak things about their intention it’s best to have Leonard have meetings about the clippers and raptors pitch.

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2019, 02:16:37 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
I think there is so much smoke there, he is very likely to sign with the Lakers.  He would get to team up with Anthony Davis for the next 8 years and win multiple championships.

Giannis will probably sign up with the Lakers as a FA in 2021. Lebron of course will extend for whatever he can, to rack up as many championships as possible to pass by MJ.  He deserves to. For his Legacy.

I can't wait:  Lebron, AD, Kawhi and Giannis.  ESPN will create a new TV network devoted exclusively to them.   Their ratings when they play will be through the roof. All the other teams will absolutely suck.

And there is absolutely nothing to stop it. Because it will be within the rules.  The CBA is not up for renewal until 2024.  And we have a Commissioner who basically sides with the players on virtually every issue, despite the fact that he is supposed to be representing the best interests of the league, and is hired by the owners (excuse me, I meant governors). 

Most of you think this will never happen. Watch.

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2019, 02:17:02 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
According to @RicBucher, he is hearing there is still a good chance that Kawhi stays in Toronto on a 2-Year deal with a player-option for year 2.

I wonder if people will instantly believe this? :D

« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2019, 02:30:28 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey

Correct.

So stay calm and allow free agency to play out. It’s not worth worrying over things that may or may not happen. Lakers love to leak things about their intention it’s best to have Leonard have meetings about the clippers and raptors pitch.

Who's worried?  I said I'd get over it even if it does happen.

« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2019, 02:30:48 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395

I believe that more than the lakers things. I have thought it was weird he was vacationing in a blue jays shirt and going to blue jays games 4 days before he rips out the city’s heart.however so many people have been obsessed with him going to lakers it is hard to not get scared about it

« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2019, 02:35:23 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey

I believe that it is still a distinct possibility.

I'm not sure it's the likeliest, but it's definitely what most people are hoping for it seems.

« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2019, 02:39:56 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
I still believe the Laker signing makes the most sense. I don't think Kawhi should sign a one and one with anyone; that thigh issue could get worse. He wasn't 100% healthy despite all the loan management. He should sign a max contract with a right to opt out  as soon as the CBA allows him (3 years??).

« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2019, 02:42:26 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Wow if Kawhi stays at Toronto, Clippers and Lakers are going be mad of course! They let alot of players go by on FA by waiting on Kawhi
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2019, 02:46:57 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo

I believe that it is still a distinct possibility.

I'm not sure it's the likeliest, but it's definitely what most people are hoping for it seems.

Or maybe people are hoping that he’ll go the Lakers.