Author Topic: Julius Randle  (Read 2151 times)

Re: Julius Randle
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2019, 11:15:32 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Comparing what guys get paid in different contract years to determine relative market value is pretty meaningless. A lot more cash was around this year vs last year.

I disagree, I think the Patriots have proven salary management is the most important aspect of constructing a winning franchise and culture.
NFL teams and NBA teams are completely different though
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2019, 11:16:09 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Comparing what guys get paid in different contract years to determine relative market value is pretty meaningless. A lot more cash was around this year vs last year.

I disagree, I think the Patriots have proven salary management is the most important aspect of constructing a winning franchise and culture.
Football <> Basketball

Salary management is important but its not nearly as important because you have much smaller rosters to put together.

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2019, 11:17:57 AM »

Offline bellerephon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 52

Football <> Basketball

Salary management is important but its not nearly as important because you have much smaller rosters to put together.
It's also easier to shed salary in the NFL because contracts are not fully guaranteed.

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2019, 11:18:56 AM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140

Football <> Basketball

Couldn't disagree more, smaller rosters just mean that each individual contract has a greater impact on how you construct your team. 

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2019, 11:24:59 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
You make it out as if $20m+ a season is some small amount. The AAV of Randle's contract isn't much less than All-Star Vucevic, who is a better defender, shooter and rebounder. Also, the C's weren't in the running because they were busy signing an All-NBA guard

Yea seems like a good payday to me. I wouldn't have offered that much, I like him at about $15 mill. I'm glad we got Walker but team wise we look a lot worse right now than we did a year ago. Lets hope Danny can bring in someone over 6'6"! :-[

« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2019, 11:27:52 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
I like what the Knicks are doing. Durant was a waste for them InO. He woulda been a flashy name to get everyone excited but flash forward two years and they would still be mediocre.

Sign a bunch of good players to decent, short contracts and see what happens in the summer of 2021. Should be fun to watch and let Barrett grow, will still be in rookie contract that summer when they can chase more superstars.

The Durant injury changed everything, imo.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2019, 11:29:19 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
Couldn't disagree more, smaller rosters just mean that each individual contract has a greater impact on how you construct your team.
Best 3 players on your basketball team are responsible for most of your wins/results.

You need a heck of a lot more good NFL player across the entire roster to be a playoff team, and a QB. Its just a completely different beast.

Anyways if you think Julius Randle is a net positive player, and that Bellick style roster management is something the Knicks do and the C's don't I don't think we see the NBA the same way.

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2019, 11:31:22 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
LOL I just was reminded via Twitter that the Knicks stretched Noah when they didn't have to.

So now instead of just eating 19 million in dead money this year, they have a 6.3 million charge each of the next three years.

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2019, 08:30:07 PM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
Wow... Looks like we got the ultimate empty stats guy in Enes Kanter instead...

« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2019, 08:51:09 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Wow... Looks like we got the ultimate empty stats guy in Enes Kanter instead...
Didn’t know being the best offensive rebounder in the league was an empty stat. The two deep playoff runs Kanter has contributed to must be empty too right?
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)