Author Topic: Durant moving to the Nets to join Kyrie, DeAndre  (Read 4805 times)

Re: Durant moving to the Nets to join Kyrie, DeAndre
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2019, 01:33:17 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
The Nets won 42 games last season with a different All-Star PG. Maybe they win a couple of more games this season, but Kyrie isn't going to take that team over the top without some major improvements from their role players. People already thought they overachieved last season; overachieving isn't exactly Kyrie's forte.

Yes. If Deandre Jordan has a bit of a rebirth they could be a bit better, but I don't think there changing of role players is really helping them much.
Carroll played 25 minutes a game for them and was ok at a lot of things.
Ed Davis was a pretty solid bench big for them.
Russell also played 15 more games than Irving last season and I think it would be fair to think Irving will miss a few more games this season given his knee issues.
Dudley also seemed to be a strong locker room guy which could have helped them bringing in a guy like Irving.

Prince really regressed last year, and it is hard to know how good he is. Temple strikes me as just another guy. They certainly could have a very nice year if things break right for them, but it definitely not certain. Now I will say they would be scary as heck heading into the playoffs if Durant is making a quicker than expected recovery and is joining them for playoffs (although i think he would be scared to return quickly given how he hurt himself)