Author Topic: Durant moving to the Nets to join Kyrie, DeAndre  (Read 4810 times)

Re: Durant moving to the Nets to join Kyrie, DeAndre
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2019, 11:10:09 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
nets won't make serious noise without KD ....that could,be 1-2 two years away

flip-a-zoid Kyrie might do anything between now and then .

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2019, 11:13:47 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2665
  • bammokja
I still have little fear of the Nets. Kyrie needs an additional decision maker on the floor with him at all time. Durant will not be back until next year, that's enough time for Irving to screwup the Nets.
the nets have a small window before durant gets old. and that window does not even open up for 1 year, longer if like hayward, durant takes a while to get back to his old self.

i dont see them being contenders in the east for 1-2 years. by then, durant is 33 years old.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2019, 11:44:51 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 731
Those two fragile egos being pummeled by the New York media, the New York fans and each other is going to be pure entertainment. The fact that Irving will have a year by himself to unsettle that young locker room makes this even better.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2019, 11:48:52 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Those two fragile egos being pummeled by the New York media, the New York fans and each other is going to be pure entertainment. The fact that Irving will have a year by himself to unsettle that young locker room makes this even better.
It's sad, because I like Dinwiddie and Jarrett Allen. They're going to cop it
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2019, 06:17:11 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
It's a risky move that could blow up in their face or be genius depending on his health.

« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2019, 06:26:27 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
It's a risky move that could blow up in their face or be genius depending on his health.

All three have age , miles and injury prone working against them to one degree or another .  They can't slack off , rest , there will nobody to fill their shoes , they ll have to,play ever game 100% or loose , no coasting like Bron did on Cavs for so long ...key to stay n healthy...play NO defense.

« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2019, 06:50:51 AM »

Offline Excapegoat

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 1
KD wont be available and Kyrie is not going to win alone.  It is another dumb move by the Nets.

« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2019, 07:28:08 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 550

All three have age , miles and injury prone working against them to one degree or another .  They can't slack off , rest , there will nobody to fill their shoes , they ll have to,play ever game 100% or loose , no coasting like Bron did on Cavs for so long ...key to stay n healthy...play NO defense.
The Nets actually have a good supporting cast (LeVert, Dinwiddie, Allen, Harris).  They lost Russell but he's not worth a Max contract. 

« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2019, 08:46:43 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

The Nets actually have a good supporting cast (LeVert, Dinwiddie, Allen, Harris).  They lost Russell but he's not worth a Max contract.

We also had a good supporting cast (Horford, Tatum, Brown, Smart, Hayward, Morris), but that didn't work out too well for us. For BKN to succeed, Kyrie is going to have to do a complete 180 on how he approaches his game and his teammates...which is entirely possible. For this year, they are basically just switching out Russell for Kyrie, so their ceiling isn't very high.

I am not too sure about the KD signing. If they could have gotten any other max FA, it might have made more sense since they had two max slots. But it is KD and I understand why they took the risk.

« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2019, 08:51:04 AM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130

We also had a good supporting cast (Horford, Tatum, Brown, Smart, Hayward, Morris), but that didn't work out too well for us. For BKN to succeed, Kyrie is going to have to do a complete 180 on how he approaches his game and his teammates...which is entirely possible. For this year, they are basically just switching out Russell for Kyrie, so their ceiling isn't very high.

I am not too sure about the KD signing. If they could have gotten any other max FA, it might have made more sense since they had two max slots. But it is KD and I understand why they took the risk.

The only difference is that their supporting cast doesn't have the same ceiling as ours.  Guys like Dinwiddie and Harris will have no issues playing a specific role.  I expect Kyrie to implode eventually, but I don't see this happening in year 1.

« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2019, 09:40:48 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Durant will be 32 next year when he takes the court coming off that injury? What if he loses 2 years like Hayward just did? It's a gamble, I don't blame the Nets for taking it this is probably their only chance of having a good team. Still hope it blows up in their face! ;D

« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2019, 11:03:45 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1547

The only difference is that their supporting cast doesn't have the same ceiling as ours.  Guys like Dinwiddie and Harris will have no issues playing a specific role.  I expect Kyrie to implode eventually, but I don't see this happening in year 1.
Allen and LeVert both have fairly high ceilings.  Not Tatum, high, but certainly at least quality starter level ceilings (if not a bit more).  Kurucs is an interesting player.  Not sure what to make of him, but he played pretty darn well as a rookie last year.  RHJ, Dinwiddie, Prince, and Harris are solid role player type players.  The Nets have a pretty deep team and should be an upper 40/low 50 win team without Durant next year.   
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2019, 11:17:29 AM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130

Allen and LeVert both have fairly high ceilings.  Not Tatum, high, but certainly at least quality starter level ceilings (if not a bit more).  Kurucs is an interesting player.  Not sure what to make of him, but he played pretty darn well as a rookie last year.  RHJ, Dinwiddie, Prince, and Harris are solid role player type players.  The Nets have a pretty deep team and should be an upper 40/low 50 win team without Durant next year.   

I should have been more specific.  I was referencing ceilings in the context of potential chemistry issues with Irving.  The hype of Tatum and Brown as young Superstars, in addition to the 2018 ECF run, lead to heightened expectations for the team.  Irving deserves the most blame for last season, but the young guys were definitely complacent from the beginning.

The Nets have the right balance of role players and potential stars.  This is why I believe Irving will be just fine next season.

« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2019, 11:24:45 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
The Nets won 42 games last season with a different All-Star PG. Maybe they win a couple of more games this season, but Kyrie isn't going to take that team over the top without some major improvements from their role players. People already thought they overachieved last season; overachieving isn't exactly Kyrie's forte.

« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2019, 01:07:05 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1547
The Nets won 42 games last season with a different All-Star PG. Maybe they win a couple of more games this season, but Kyrie isn't going to take that team over the top without some major improvements from their role players. People already thought they overachieved last season; overachieving isn't exactly Kyrie's forte.
Oh I don't think they are contender, but I do expect their younger players to keep developing, Irving is better than Russell, and they added Jordan, Temple, and Prince who I think will add more than Carroll and Crabbe.  Thus, I would expect them to win more games than they did last year and have a real shot at hosting the 1st round and winning a playoff series.  I'd be pretty surprised if they were a conference finals type team as I do think Milwaukee, Philadelphia, and Indiana are better, Toronto certainly would be if Leonard returned (and probably isn't much behind even if Leonard does leave), and a team like the Celtics (depending on how the rest of free agency shakes out) could be better as well.  The East is shaping up to be pretty darn interesting as Miami will be improved, Orlando should keep progressing, Detroit should be about the same or a little better, and I expect Atlanta to make a pretty good jump as Young and Collins keep growing.  No longer is the East the patsy, especially if Leonard returns to the Raptors.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip