Author Topic: Durant moving to the Nets to join Kyrie, DeAndre  (Read 4813 times)

Durant moving to the Nets to join Kyrie, DeAndre
« on: June 30, 2019, 08:35:13 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
NEW YORK (AP) -- Kevin Durant is headed to the Brooklyn Nets, leaving the Golden State Warriors after three seasons.

His decision was announced Sunday at the start of the NBA free agency period on the Instagram page for The Boardroom, an online series looking at sports business produced by Durant and business partner Rich Kleiman.

Durant won titles with Golden State in 2017 and '18 then was injured for much of the postseason this year as the team lost the NBA Finals in six games to the Toronto Raptors.

A ruptured right Achilles tendon could keep him out the entire next season, and whenever he returns it will be in the Brooklyn black.

ESPN first reported Durant's decision, saying he had agreed to a four-year deal worth $164 million. Durant could have gotten five years and about $221 million to remain with the Warriors.

Durant, a 10-time All-Star who just completed his 12th NBA season, was leading all postseason scorers at 34.2 points per game when he strained his right calf on May 8 in Game 5 of the Western Conference semifinals against the Rockets. He had seven 30-point performances during the recent playoffs.

https://www.nba.com/article/2019/06/30/report-kevin-durant-announce-decision-june-30

« Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 10:06:17 PM by ozgod »
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

Re: Durant moving to the Nets
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2019, 09:12:15 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
Did Durant just score an own goal?
Now there is no way he can be considered at par with Lebron if the nets don’t win a championship.
There will be all those narratives how Lebron won with Kyrie but Durant couldn’t or won’t win it all.

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2019, 09:33:17 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2019, 09:58:47 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
Word is Durant and Kyrie are taking less than the max so the Nets can afford to take DeAndre Jordan as well

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1145511788265517056

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2019, 10:03:00 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Word is Durant and Kyrie are taking less than the max so the Nets can afford to take DeAndre Jordan as well

How much is less? I'm confused. I kept hearing they were $46 million under the cap but going by numbers look like almost double that? Did they only have $46 million on the books??

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2019, 10:04:58 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

How much is less? I'm confused. I kept hearing they were $46 million under the cap but going by numbers look like almost double that? Did they only have $46 million on the books??

$10M total which will go to Jordan - but Marks just tweeted that the money can be made up in bonuses (he called them unlikely, but 45 wins and 2nd round of playoffs isn't that unlikely) depending on how they are structured.

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2019, 10:06:32 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
wow ....he gave up 56 million dollars to join the Nets

The BiG market thing is gonna ruin the NBA

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2019, 10:18:53 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

the sponsorships create an inequality in the NBA. KD and Kyrie have mega off-court deals with Nike where they can play for nearly nothing.. It isn't fair to the rest of the nba

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2019, 10:25:40 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182

$10M total which will go to Jordan - but Marks just tweeted that the money can be made up in bonuses (he called them unlikely, but 45 wins and 2nd round of playoffs isn't that unlikely) depending on how they are structured.

Now we're doing bonuses in the NBA? The salary cap is a joke if you just loop hole every part of it! We should have just bonused everyone too and brought in a dream team! That is complete rubbish the NBA is officially a joke! ::)

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2019, 10:36:26 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969

the sponsorships create an inequality in the NBA. KD and Kyrie have mega off-court deals with Nike where they can play for nearly nothing.. It isn't fair to the rest of the nba

they can sell more merchandise , shoes to the billion kids in the bigger markets ....their side business make more money .

problem is its almost universal now ...other than the rare Giannis ....ever American born player wants to live and play in LA.   and if they are top 20 players they are forcing their way to CA. .....almost as rule at this point .

The only way i see anything close to,equal access to the best players is with a HARD cap rule at minimun ....or better a 25 % higher cap,allowed for teams not in CA.

so....just hand the playoff to,a CA team every year .   Raptors had a once in a lifetime chance to be a winner for a year.   they took it and paid off and yet their best player still wants to be in LA . 

The teams not in CA should have their own league since the players dont want to live or do,business anywhere but CA.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 10:42:03 PM by SHAQATTACK »

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2019, 10:38:45 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Now we're doing bonuses in the NBA? The salary cap is a joke if you just loop hole every part of it! We should have just bonused everyone too and brought in a dream team! That is complete rubbish the NBA is officially a joke! ::)

Bonuses have always existed in the NBA. It's why Al just signed a guaranteed deal for $97m, but could earn another $12m in bonuses.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

Re: Durant moving to the Nets to join Kyrie, DeAndre
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2019, 10:47:56 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Big deal. Durant might be out all of next season, turns 31 this fall, and might never again be dominant. Jordan has no offensive game outside of alley-oops. And we all are quite familiar now with how toxic Kyrie is. Brooklyn gonna get burned down next season.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2019, 10:52:57 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
I still have little fear of the Nets. Kyrie needs an additional decision maker on the floor with him at all time. Durant will not be back until next year, that's enough time for Irving to screwup the Nets. 

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2019, 11:01:56 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106

Bonuses have always existed in the NBA. It's why Al just signed a guaranteed deal for $97m, but could earn another $12m in bonuses.
Lakers are using similar cap tricks. They plan to structure kawhis deal such that it starts for less than the max. They can use up to 15% of base years salary as unlikely bonuses. They missed the playoffs last year so a 15% bonus for making the playoffs is considered unlikely... what a joke!
Kawhi can sign for $28M and they can bring a role player for the remaining $4M and still pay kawhi $4M more when they make the playoffs....

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2019, 11:04:49 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
I still have little fear of the Nets. Kyrie needs an additional decision maker on the floor with him at all time. Durant will not be back until next year, that's enough time for Irving to screwup the Nets.

We'll see if the problem was truly Kyrie, or the young guns of Tatum/Brown/Rozier, or Brad Stevens.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)