Poll

Will he?

Yes
13 (54.2%)
No
11 (45.8%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author Topic: Will Kyrie get exposed on the Nets?  (Read 4244 times)

Re: Will Kyrie get exposed on the Nets?
« Reply #45 on: June 30, 2019, 01:34:52 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
I only hope that Jaylen/Tatum learned from last year and that this year they can take a step forward rather than the step back they took last season.
I think they are going to have a very hard time doing that. Kemba is a high usage scoring PG. It is going to be hard for them to get enough touches / shots next to Kemba & Hayward who will be looking to reestablish himself after last season.

There is only 1 ball and 4 guys competing with each other for it.
name a pg on a contender that isn't high usage

It is about whether the 4 players together are the right fit for one another.

If we want a high usage scoring PG like Kemba = fine.

But are Jaylen, Tatum and Hayward the right supporting cast for a high usage scoring PG. That is the question.

Will these 4 guys play together and get the best out of each other? Or will they get in one another's way and stop each other from fully utilizing their talent? Is it just a case a diminished returns from players because their games overlap.

Personally, I think it is. I don't see these 4 guys getting the best out of one another. Kemba is not that type of PG. He is a "get his" type of PG. Tatum and Jaylen are both limited ball-handlers and passers. Both rely on others for involvement offensively without resorting to isos or disappearing acts. Hayward is the most well-rounded of the lot but he cannot bring the whole team together by himself.