Author Topic: Dean Wade for a couple of seconds?  (Read 1299 times)

Dean Wade for a couple of seconds?
« on: July 15, 2023, 10:12:39 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3203
Wade would fit into our TPE. I've always liked him. He hustles and plays hard. He'd be a good backup power forward. The Cavs seem to be somewhat over stacked.

Re: Dean Wade for a couple of seconds?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2023, 11:05:37 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2424
Sold. Strong defensive PF. Good size & mobility. Developing offensive game. They signed Niang to play in front of him so good chance he is available.

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2023, 11:07:28 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
D Wade for some seconds, heck yeah.   ;) ;D
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2023, 01:31:54 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 886
Career three rebounds per game in 19 minutes?  Not sure that is the best use of the TPE.

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2023, 01:57:26 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3203
Career three rebounds per game in 19 minutes?  Not sure that is the best use of the TPE.

I think he mostly defends out on the perimeter and plays out there on offense as well so he's not in a position to rebound. He's better than anyone you could probably pick in the second round.

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2023, 02:18:37 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 886

I think he mostly defends out on the perimeter and plays out there on offense as well so he's not in a position to rebound. He's better than anyone you could probably pick in the second round.

I am not that familiar with his game. I am just going by stats. You may know his game better. Looks like another Mike Muscala to me, which means he wouldn’t help much.  I would rather hold out for something better. We only get one shot with the TPE. The second round pick does not concern me as much. But I doubt he turns out better than Jordan Walsh.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2023, 02:51:49 PM by Vermont Green »

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2023, 03:17:03 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

I agree but people were fine with Grant's 4.6 in 25 mpg, so the rebound threshold here is very small