Author Topic: NBA Season 2016-2017  (Read 349858 times)

Re: NBA Season 2016-2017
« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2016, 11:41:41 PM »

Offline wayupnorth

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 141
Warriors' defense is clearly not the same with Zaza as Bogut.
its been like 2 minutes.  Also, didn't the spurs win 67 games last year ?  Aldridge and now Pau are a ton to handle.  There's almost enough talent on the spurs to lose by less than 30.

It wasn't the same all through preseason either.
warriors started this game very sloppy.  They might score less than 150 tonight.  Wow.  That would be a big embarrassment for them.

I thought they were the greatest North American team, in any sport, ever assembled in the modern era?

« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2016, 11:42:00 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
why are the coaches and Reggie Miller wearing similar ties?

The whole thing is rigged..
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2016, 11:44:34 PM »

Offline wayupnorth

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
Decent challenge for the warriors right out of the gate.  Let's see if the spurs can keep the blowout under 30.

Yeah, this is why you should really pump the brakes on this whole exaggerated GS narrative that you've been preaching the last four months. They still have a lot to prove
Lol no.  They really can't play any worse than they have been playing.  They look like a d league team in the first half missing layups and throwing the ball away. Spurs might be the second best team in the league.  That said, if that loaded warriors team loses this or any other game this season they should be completely ashamed of themselves. 

This narrative you have pushing that the warriors will not easily win 82 games this season is ridiculous

Isn't this sort of post against board rules?

« Reply #48 on: October 26, 2016, 12:06:28 AM »

Offline wayupnorth

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
Lol LarBrd

« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2016, 12:10:26 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Joe Johnson has 30+ points I think. Saw he had like 17 in the 3rd. Wish we had him

« Reply #50 on: October 26, 2016, 12:10:46 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
HA! Lots of unhappy Warrior bandwagon fans about now that weren't living in reality and were expecting a blowout (speaking about my Facebook).

I can tell you the one actual Warriors fan I know was actually dissapointed they got Durant, no lie.  He said he was happy with the offense how it was and thought Durant would change things too much.  Wondered where the shots would go.

Anyways, like I said in the other thread, I thought they would suck inside and their bench would suck and so far that's looking quite true.  They'll win plenty of games for sure but this team is not invulnerable.  Zaza looks terrible.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #51 on: October 26, 2016, 12:14:22 AM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
HA! Lots of unhappy Warrior bandwagon fans about now that weren't living in reality and were expecting a blowout (speaking about my Facebook).

I can tell you the one actual Warriors fan I know was actually dissapointed they got Durant, no lie.  He said he was happy with the offense how it was and thought Durant would change things too much.  Wondered where the shots would go.

Anyways, like I said in the other thread, I thought they would suck inside and their bench would suck and so far that's looking quite true.  They'll win plenty of games for sure but this team is not invulnerable.  Zaza looks terrible.

Yeah I had a roommate from the Bay Area who became a bandwagon Dubs fan who didn't like the Durant signing.

« Reply #52 on: October 26, 2016, 12:16:56 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
LOLOLOLOL at Durant and the warriors.  How humiliating for them.  No team with that much talent should lose a single game.  I hope this one keeps them up at night as they rattle off 15 championships in a row.

Greatest upset in sports history ?  Like 10x worse than Buster Douglas knocking out Tyson. 

« Reply #53 on: October 26, 2016, 12:18:39 AM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906

Yeah I had a roommate from the Bay Area who became a bandwagon Dubs fan who didn't like the Durant signing.

Yep. It still doesn't make sense to me. They compromised too much in lesser areas to improve upon an area that was already their greatest strength. I don't think it was a good trade-off. That's just not how winning basketball works in the NBA. Yes, superstars can win you games, but high-end role players, like Bogut and Barnes, are oftentimes just as important to winning, along with chemistry and overall fit.

« Reply #54 on: October 26, 2016, 12:20:40 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
LOLOLOLOL at Durant and the warriors.  How humiliating for them.  No team with that much talent should lose a single game.  I hope this one keeps them up at night as they rattle off 15 championships in a row.

Greatest upset in sports history ?  Like 10x worse than Buster Douglas knocking out Tyson.

In case you were curious the Warriors were 7 point favorites. Or about the Blazers over he jazz missing Hayward and favors.

« Reply #55 on: October 26, 2016, 12:21:56 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

They've got some serious work to do on their D before they're championship-worthy. They look like Swiss cheese right now. It begs the question of what many of us were asking this summer - is the added offense to an already league-leading offense really worth all of the losses elsewhere?

And you've got to hand it to the Spurs. They're much better than I thought they were going to be, though you can see Duncan's absence in the defensive presence and rotations.
yeah seriously though despite the curb stomping, you can see that stylistically they are going to be fine.  Chemistry isn't going to be a problem.  Lots of turnovers, terrible defense, and the spurs being potentially better than the one that quietly won 67 games last year play into the opening day loss.  If you watched this game and your takeaway was "haha I knew they would have trouble coexisting", you don't know this sport very well.  This warriors team will still be more dangerous than the team that won 73 last year. 

« Reply #56 on: October 26, 2016, 12:23:35 AM »

Offline wayupnorth

• NCE
  • Bill Walton

Why are you like this?

You are an extremely quality poster, but instead you spend your time making very outrageous statements, and then acting offended when people call you on them and are proven false

I just don't get it, I really don't.

« Reply #57 on: October 26, 2016, 12:25:23 AM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906

They've got some serious work to do on their D before they're championship-worthy. They look like Swiss cheese right now. It begs the question of what many of us were asking this summer - is the added offense to an already league-leading offense really worth all of the losses elsewhere?

And you've got to hand it to the Spurs. They're much better than I thought they were going to be, though you can see Duncan's absence in the defensive presence and rotations.
yeah seriously though despite the curb stomping, you can see that stylistically they are going to be fine.  Chemistry isn't going to be a problem.  Lots of turnovers, terrible defense, and the spurs being potentially better than the one that quietly won 67 games last year play into the opening day loss.  If you watched this game and your takeaway was "haha I knew they would have trouble coexisting", you don't know this sport very well.  This warriors team will still be more dangerous than the team that won 73 last year.

On offense, sure, though I still bet there will be sharing the ball issues sometime this season.

Defensively, they're far from where they were, which is a major issue for them, and they can't rebound for crap, which is not good when their main competition (SAS, CLE, LAC) includes three elite rebounding teams.

« Reply #58 on: October 26, 2016, 12:25:53 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
This sounds like the 2010-2011 Heat when they first started off.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #59 on: October 26, 2016, 12:25:56 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448

You are an extremely quality poster, but instead you spend your time making very outrageous statements, and then acting offended when people call you on them and are proven false

You can't make an outrageous statement at the same time as you are calling him out for making one.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford