Author Topic: Celtics draft workouts thread  (Read 144707 times)

Re: Celtics draft workouts thread
« Reply #180 on: June 19, 2016, 09:34:13 AM »

Offline BlackCeltic

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 64
I want AJ Hammons so bad with the #31 pick. I fear Spurs will draft him and become he'll their poor mans Duncan.

« Reply #181 on: June 19, 2016, 10:49:07 AM »

Offline OHCeltic

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
I believe AJ Hammons will be a solid starter in this league from day one.

« Reply #182 on: June 20, 2016, 09:54:39 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
I want Anthony 'Cat' Barber with #45 if he's there. Going to be a very, very good NBA player in my opinion, could be another Isaiah Thomas.

We just brought him in for a workout too..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5nl-QGIFy8

"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #183 on: June 20, 2016, 10:38:45 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
I want Anthony 'Cat' Barber with #45 if he's there. Going to be a very, very good NBA player in my opinion, could be another Isaiah Thomas.

We just brought him in for a workout too..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5nl-QGIFy8
interesting player in terms of offense. but his passing is weak according to DX. he prefers to take shots himself instead of passing. not fatal as long as he is willing to learn under CBS.

as a project and talent he would be worth a second round pick. but it might be best if he played somewhere else for a year or two to develop, ala thornton did.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #184 on: June 20, 2016, 08:52:53 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
Alldaboston, you have done a great job with this list this draft season. It has been great not being the one searching all over Twitter for this information and instead just checking for Google doc. I would like to suggest that as a final pre draft use of your Intel you list you create a revised list without the plays who went back to college and ranking the players per fords big board. Doing this in the head quickly it gives a very interesting picture who the Cs are likely targeting at 16,23 and the early 30s. Barring a trade it would appear they like Murray/brown/bender at 3, are hoping labbissiere/ Sabonis are available at 16 and a euro at 23 but you have more names then that falling into the 16-35 rangw

hey CFAN (and others, of course). just updated the current doc with draft status of players. currently working on the new doc which will have the players rank (per chad ford's top 100 ranking) and the players draft tier (also per chad ford). special thanks to Eddie20 for supplying the draft tiers information!
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #185 on: June 21, 2016, 09:52:57 AM »

Offline Yenohb

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 73
"Dragan Bender has his second workout today with the Boston Celtics." -Celticsblog

« Reply #186 on: June 21, 2016, 10:56:34 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
Alldaboston, you have done a great job with this list this draft season. It has been great not being the one searching all over Twitter for this information and instead just checking for Google doc. I would like to suggest that as a final pre draft use of your Intel you list you create a revised list without the plays who went back to college and ranking the players per fords big board. Doing this in the head quickly it gives a very interesting picture who the Cs are likely targeting at 16,23 and the early 30s. Barring a trade it would appear they like Murray/brown/bender at 3, are hoping labbissiere/ Sabonis are available at 16 and a euro at 23 but you have more names then that falling into the 16-35 rangw

hey CFAN (and others, of course). just updated the current doc with draft status of players. currently working on the new doc which will have the players rank (per chad ford's top 100 ranking) and the players draft tier (also per chad ford). special thanks to Eddie20 for supplying the draft tiers information!

great job, with the list.

I'm not surprised to see Seldon in for a workout. I really think we see him drafted by the Cs. I brought this up in a post in the past. Last draft it was widely reported that the Cs #16 pick was a debate between Rozier and J Anderson with Rozier winning out because the Cs had him ranked a tier above. In Wayne Seldon I think the Cs find a lot of the same skills Anderson possesses. 

Size (at combine)

J Anderson 21yr old 6'5.25" w/out shoes 231lbs 5% BF 6'11.75" wingspan

Seldon 21yr old 6'4.25" w/out shoes 232lbs 7%BF 6'10.5" wingspan

Stats as Juniors

Anderson    27.8mpg 12.2pts 45% from 3 on 4  attempts 4.0rb 1.7asts

Seldon        30.0mpg 13.6pts 38% from 3 on 4.9 attempts 3.4rb 2.5asts
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #187 on: June 21, 2016, 11:11:32 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

great job, with the list.

I'm not surprised to see Seldon in for a workout. I really think we see him drafted by the Cs. I brought this up in a post in the past. Last draft it was widely reported that the Cs #16 pick was a debate between Rozier and J Anderson with Rozier winning out because the Cs had him ranked a tier above. In Wayne Seldon I think the Cs find a lot of the same skills Anderson possesses. 

Size (at combine)

J Anderson 21yr old 6'5.25" w/out shoes 231lbs 5% BF 6'11.75" wingspan

Seldon 21yr old 6'4.25" w/out shoes 232lbs 7%BF 6'10.5" wingspan

Stats as Juniors

Anderson    27.8mpg 12.2pts 45% from 3 on 4  attempts 4.0rb 1.7asts

Seldon        30.0mpg 13.6pts 38% from 3 on 4.9 attempts 3.4rb 2.5asts

TP...good comparison to JA, the guy I wanted us to pick last year. Selden seems a little thicker/stronger though and JA a little more explosive.

I've liked Selden since both he and Wiggins were at Kansas at the same time, and he was rated pretty highly then as a recruit and even in the early part of the college season in the mock drafts. Plus he's a local boy that I've always rooted for. (Would be nice to have Selden, Layman and Noel as the local guys around here.)

Selden is a real tough, strong, tenacious kid who would fit right into Stevens' defensivesystem. Just wish that he shot a little better.

« Reply #188 on: June 21, 2016, 04:34:42 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Will we ever get any solid intel on Bender's workouts this week? 

« Reply #189 on: June 21, 2016, 04:49:20 PM »

Offline TheBigTicket23

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 59
  • Anything is possible!
Who knows how Jaylen Brown his 2nd workout went? Didn't he work out yesterday for the 2nd time?

« Reply #190 on: June 21, 2016, 10:57:24 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
Hey guys. I finished the new doc which has the guys who stayed in the draft, as well as their ranks by Chad Ford. Here it is: https://goo.gl/5Ci35t it'll also be in my sig and I'll update the first post.

Special thanks to CFAN38 and Eddie20 too!
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #191 on: June 21, 2016, 11:21:14 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
Will we ever get any solid intel on Bender's workouts this week?

Probably not, UNLESS we actually use the pick and draft him.  In which case, Danny and Brad will describe a fantastic workout.

But right now it looks like we'll be trading the pick.

FWIW:  Jonathan Givony (DraftExpress) still has Bender ranked #3 on his Top 100 ranking (http://www.draftexpress.com/rankings/Top-100-Prospects/) .

On CSN tonight, they said the word is that Bender had a good workout and for the first time actually had some decent footage of him playing.  No details on the workout beyond that.  And in tonights CSN round table Scal and Max both said to take Bender when asked who Danny should take if he actually keeps the pick.  Both cited his size and skills as the best fit and that they fully expected him to grow physically.  No indication on whether either was able to sneak into the workout.  Jackie said she likes Dunn, but admitted that its because she's seen him a lot down I-95 at Providence.  She also agreed he's a poor fit as yet another guard who can't shoot well.

Everybody seems convinced Danny will trade the pick though.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #192 on: June 21, 2016, 11:27:20 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
With two teams that Bender worked out with, neither commented on his workout. Makes me think there's a no press clause for him to agree to work out with a team.

« Reply #193 on: June 21, 2016, 11:29:38 PM »

Offline anewframe

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 9
Hey guys. I finished the new doc which has the guys who stayed in the draft, as well as their ranks by Chad Ford. Here it is: https://goo.gl/5Ci35t it'll also be in my sig and I'll update the first post.

Special thanks to CFAN38 and Eddie20 too!

Thanks for your efforts getting this together! TP

« Reply #194 on: June 22, 2016, 08:09:15 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
Yeah, great job Eddie.

Good to see my binkie Korkmaz getting a shot. Torn between him and Davis; both might be unavailable at 16 of course..
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.