Author Topic: Big Miss on Blatche  (Read 10322 times)

Big Miss on Blatche
« on: November 28, 2012, 09:35:23 PM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
I think, at the vet minimum, admitting that we missed on Blatche is the easiest call of the year. This team desperately needed a legit 7 footer behind KG to get boards and have a presence in the post.

Blatche (even with whatever baggage there is) was sitting out there for weeks for the taking. Young, tall, talented for vet min $.

Here he is tonight grabbing boards and posting a double double on us. He's a contributor on a pretty good Nets team. The Celts could really use that to keep KG fresh, and not have a tremendous drop off.

We are simply too short or un-athletic in the post outside of KG in certain match ups. Wish we had him.

[I did hope that we got some of this w/ Darko, but that's another story.]

Re: Big Miss on Blatche
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 09:37:10 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Well, normally I would say despite Blatche's production, it made sense because the Celtics prioritize defense and Blatche has never been good at that.

But the Celtics aren't exactly getting great defense out of their bench so far this season, so at the least they could do to have somebody who can rebound.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2012, 09:37:21 PM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649
Hindsight is 20/20.  He was (and still is) just as likely to be a problem as he is an asset.

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 09:47:55 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Nope.

He is still the same knucklehead. He just hasn't done anything yet this season.

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2012, 09:54:03 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
Nope.

I think you are in denial. Surely he would be better than an empty roster spot...

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2012, 10:04:19 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Yeah it was a low risk move. I think doc really disliked him. I wanted him though. Too bad we didn't get him and a rival did.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2012, 10:05:32 PM »

Offline alajet

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 54
I'd rather pick up a naturally talented knucklehead rather than Jason Collins the nice guy.

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2012, 10:06:38 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Given the stupid comments about the Wizards he just has he's still the same immature jerk as he has always been. He's put up some numbers before, but he's not someone you can count on to contribute.

The worst part of players like him, is that if you don't play him regular minutes he'll completely check out on the team.

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2012, 10:13:09 PM »

Offline European NBA fan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
I hate the guy. But I have to admit that he looks like the pick up of the year so far.

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2012, 10:28:35 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
who gives a crap if he's a knuckle head.  He's a young big who can ball.  We done and didnt have room to be picky.  Shoulda jumped and seen what happened

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2012, 10:33:58 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 92

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 122
yea man real salty we didnt take a chance on Blatche especially wit Darko dippin out 1st month of da season

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2012, 06:58:26 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Nope.

I think you are in denial. Surely he would be better than an empty roster spot...

No.  I had to watch him living in the DC area.  Guys like this tease their fans by playing well and behaving well for stints, but eventually, they knucklehead up.

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2012, 07:26:54 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
We missed on him. So as the Spurs who were "reportedly" interested in acquiring him.

But man, we probably would've made his career worse since Doc is not playing the bigs.

I for one believed that a change of scenery is what Dray needed. Well, he still has some knuckle head off court things i can tell you that, but he's been playing well.

Nope.

No.  I had to watch him living in the DC area.  Guys like this tease their fans by playing well and behaving well for stints, but eventually, they knucklehead up.

Im holding off judgment on that. He did however made a bonehead comment about his former team. There might be something in what he said but he shouldn't have said that in public. Outside of that, I've never heard of Lap Dance Tuesdays anymore, lack of effort and everything that he's being told during his days in DC. You might be right Commish, but i'll hold off judgment until he "knuckle head" up again.

But still, he's looking like a great pickup. And we missed on that. I mean, he's doing great in Brooklyn, I'm pretty sure that with a veteran laden team like ours, he would be kept in check. That and his effort to come back.

@Celticsblog has @DrayBaltche on the Forums page again. Ya'll prolly thinking I should be in your lineup? Well, chowders are pretty ayt but I'd rather be chillin with my cheese steaks #Baltche #Celtics #Nets #Bounceback #Notoverweightanymore
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2012, 07:34:49 AM »

Offline celtsfan84

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 80
He's put up some numbers before, but he's not someone you can count on to contribute.

The worst part of players like him, is that if you don't play him regular minutes he'll completely check out on the team.

So like Darko, except with NBA level talent.  Understood.

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2012, 08:20:32 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Nope.

I would much prefer the empty roster spot over Blatche. He is still a bum and always will be. Yes he had a good game last night against a team that didnt show up, but it could have been even better but he missed 3 wide open layups and made some careless plays and dumb fouls.