Author Topic: Problem: Celtics are likely going to suck til playoffs Solution: Larry Bird Vids  (Read 5259 times)

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Yes, Larry Bird isn't 'walking through that door', but we can all learn a lil sumpin-sumpin by watching this series of awesome Bill Simmons-Larry Bird interviews from last month. Also, we can forget about how pointless and how ugly these next 4 games are going to be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKfWrlnFHis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rk4kCrdSToE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLMYNxW6Mqs

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Great videos—I wish there were more! TP for sharing.

The part I appreciate most is in the last video when Bird talked about how, for him, playing basketball was his job, and so many other people's livelihoods depended on how the team did; all the janitors and concession workers, etc.—the longer the team lasted in the postseason, the longer these other people had jobs. None of this hugging stuff before games and being pals with the opponent. Not that you couldn't socialize with them offcourt, and get along with them offcourt, but that when he stepped between those lines, it was all business, whether it was pregame or during the game.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
Ha ha.  May not be pretty tomorrow, at least:

Chris Forsberg ‏@ESPNForsberg 6m

Celtics announce Pierce & KG out vs. Heat due to sore ankles. They are traveling with the team to MIami today.

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325

Celtics announce Pierce & KG out vs. Heat due to sore ankles. They are traveling with the team to MIami today.

Well, I think one or two of Miami's triumvirate of evil will be out as well, so this could be a game of subs vs. subs.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
I could watch videos of Larry Bird playing basketball or talking about basketball all day.

I know this, because of all the times I've done it.

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

Well, I think one or two of Miami's triumvirate of evil will be out as well, so this could be a game of subs vs. subs.

Jeff Green, for the win?

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
I could watch videos of Larry Bird playing basketball or talking about basketball all day.

I know this, because of all the times I've done it.

Me too!!! Best 10 minutes of my week. TP!!!
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

I declined to watch them, every time I start looking at Bird highlights on youtube I have to keep looking for more. Kind of like trying to eat just one potato chip.

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
This is one of my favorites.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULvo7__wwBU

Offline Banner18now!

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
Thanks for the videos! Larry Bird made me love the game of basketball!!