Author Topic: Non-Tax Player MLE ($8,641,000)  (Read 4032 times)

Re: Non-Tax Player MLE ($8,641,000)
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2018, 02:52:04 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Could we target Avery Bradley? I realize he is talking with LAC about resigning today I believe. But he would be a great addition and fill our wing need.

Where will the minutes come?

Although his defense is great, part of the reason we traded him away is that he's small and isn't able to switch on to many different players. Basically he can cover 1's and 2's, but can't switch onto a frontline player, like a Smart or Brown can.

We're looking for championship pieces. And AB could be seeking a ring before getting his last larger contract. A 1 year deal on a team where there is mutual familiarity could be a good solution for this. I could see him getting 25 MPG early in the season while Hayward gets comfortable and then his minutes dip down to 15-20 at full strength.

He could be, but I still don't think the minutes are there.

Starters-
Tatum
Hayward
Horford
Irving
Brown

For argument's sake, let's assume each starter gets 33 minutes. In fact, let's say they each get 30 minutes, that would leave 18 minutes each for Baynes, Morris, Rozier, Smart, and Bradley, with Theis completely out of the rotation. Do you think Morris, Smart, Rozier, and Bradley will be content with limited roles when all of them (except maybe Smart) will be on expiring contracts and playing for their next one?

CBS could figure out rotations to keep team happy. In your scenario, Morris would see regular season minutes drop especially with Tatum moving to PF with Hayward's return. Theis is a rotation player on a team as deep as ours (12 mpg). Rozier saw his minutes increase only as a result of injury. I think it's very likely his minutes drop significantly next year.

How exactly would CBS be able to figure out rotations to keep everyone happy? Especially since you have Theis at 12 mpg. That only creates more of a minutes crunch for others.

Rozier's abnormally high 37mpg will be adjusted. Smart might even be high @ 30mpg.

Horford's 36mpg will be reduced as he ages to keep his legs fresh for playoffs.

Morris minutes will be dropped from 30mpg to 22ish.

We gain back Larkin's 14mpg.

We gain Monroe's 9mpg to be applied to Williams III if he earns them or to go to Theis.

Heck, even the young guy (Tatum) might want to regulate closer to 33-34 mpg where he played 36.

Where are you getting these minutes? Are you talking playoff minutes when we were missing Hayward, Irving, and Theis? If so, factor in those 3 being back and now adding Bradley to the mix.

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2018, 03:11:15 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Would tyreke be open to a mle deal ?

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2018, 03:11:56 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
Could we target Avery Bradley? I realize he is talking with LAC about resigning today I believe. But he would be a great addition and fill our wing need.

We have a wing need?
we bench only 1 competent wing off the bench (Morris) and he gets tunnel vision a lot

How do we not have a wing need

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2018, 03:12:06 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Would tyreke be open to a mle deal ?

Heard on a random report that GS might offer him the tax MLE.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2018, 04:07:27 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742

We have a wing need?
we bench only 1 competent wing off the bench (Morris) and he gets tunnel vision a lot

Hayward, Brown, Tatum, Morris, Smart. Plus Ojeleye can play 3. Rozier can play some 2. Jabari Bird might be ready for more time. As it is, Marcus Morris is worried about where his minutes are going to come from. This team has more competent wings than almost any other team in the league.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2018, 04:13:31 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

We have a wing need?

Hayward, Brown, Tatum, Morris, Smart. Plus Ojeleye can play 3. Rozier can play some 2. Jabari Bird might be ready for more time. As it is, Marcus Morris is worried about where his minutes are going to come from. This team has more competent wings than almost any other team in the league.
People propose to bring in Avery Bradley but forget about Gordon Hayward, lol.

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2018, 04:25:31 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge

We have a wing need?

1. I said off the bench so naming "Hayward brown Tatum" to make the list seem long isn't fooling anyone
2. Smart isn't a 2 way wing
3. Rozier cannot play the 2. He is too streaky offensively and too small defensively. That's why he plays 1 exclusively
4. Ojeleye is so bad offensively, that a bad coach like ty lue successfully made ojeleye dnp-cd
5. Bird isn't on the roster yet. And he's a d league player

I'm not advocating to add bradley. I'm just saying That the people who say we don't have a wing need are clueless really. We are not deep just because we start 3 wings. Each starter needs a competent 2 way backup ideally. In that regard, we do need 2 more wings as Morris is the only 1

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2018, 04:34:21 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
just curious, but who are the other teams that sport a better group of wings than hayward, tatum, brown, and morris that boston has a need there?
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2018, 04:41:00 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742

We have a wing need?

1. I said off the bench so naming "Hayward brown Tatum" to make the list seem long isn't fooling anyone
2. Smart isn't a 2 way wing
3. Rozier cannot play the 2. He is too streaky offensively and too small defensively. That's why he plays 1 exclusively
4. Ojeleye is so bad offensively, that a bad coach like ty lue successfully made ojeleye dnp-cd
5. Bird isn't on the roster yet. And he's a d league player

I'm not advocating to add bradley. I'm just saying That the people who say we don't have a wing need are clueless really. We are not deep just because we start 3 wings. Each starter needs a competent 2 way backup ideally. In that regard, we do need 2 more wings as Morris is the only 1

Regardless of whether or not you like Smart and Ojeleye, they are capable of playing the wing and did so last year. Rozier played almost a quarter of his minutes at the 2 last season, per basketball-reference.

Assuming Smart resigns, the C's are bringing back every wing they had last season and are adding Gordon Hayward. As it is, Marcus Morris is worried about his minutes.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008