Author Topic: Fireworks have already happened  (Read 496 times)

Fireworks have already happened
« on: June 27, 2016, 06:27:53 PM »

Offline CelticPride2016

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 247

Think of a newborn baby. That is an example of fireworks. Yet, the real fireworks actually occurred nine months previously.

Our fireworks have already happened.

It was basically the KG-Pierce-Terry trade to Brooklyn.

There have also been other fireworks if we open our eyes. Getting Isaiah Thomas was fireworks. Jae Crowder and Bradley are also great players.

The difference between our firework display from that of a newborn baby is we must wait much longer than nine months to reach the mountaintop or at least seriously contend for top of the NBA bragging rights.

A lot of people seem to be blaming Danny Ainge for what hasn't actually played out yet. I agree with Rollie that Marcus Smart is phenomenal on defense and has had injuries to deal with. I also agree we probably beat the Hawks if healthy.

We are in the second tier below the great established teams. We beat Golden State and stopped them from breaking the home winning streak record.

I am not sure Smart and Brown will become future great players, but it seems ludicrous to look at them as anything other than highly valuable assets.

Maybe Turner is resigned. Sullinger and Zeller will not be missed? Turner seems to be a solid asset.

It is all extremely interesting. Will the other first round picks be on the team? Maybe the power forward doesn't come over for a year or two, but I am guessing Zizac will be on the team and in the rotation as a pure center.

Maybe he won't. Maybe he stays in Europe. But Danny drafted him and there's a chance he can play in the NBA right now and it seems that he is itching to get over here.

We won 48 games and still have a ways to go before Danny's plan reaches adulthood. We could very well end up with Kevin Durant precisely because of how Danny has done his GM duties. That opportunity is mostly because of Danny with a good dose of credit also to the coach and current players. Even Tommy and Gorman are still at the top of their games and should be commended.

Isaiah Thomas could be the superstar already on the roster.

I would wait for at least five years from the Pierce-KG trade to start getting worried.

I am saying we are within a year or two of the fireworks display. And I, for one, am going to enjoy next year. I think we can easily win 55 games and establish ourselves as second best in the East.

People forget it was only three years ago we were an overachieving 25 win team.

We made the playoffs in year two.

That and the 48 wins this year were remarkable. We just drafted arguably the third best player out of college.

Brooklyn traded one of their only proven vets. They do not seem too worried about becoming the worst team. Please Brooklyn, sign Jared Sullinger. It will be disappointing if Brooklyn somehow puts together a Cinderella season. Currently, they are hurting.

Maybe Danny will sign Whiteside.

Any free agent looking at all the teams must be thinking, wow, look at Boston and its stacked future. Isaiah might be the most popular player in the league. He is tight with Avery.

Isaiah had the 30th best plus-minus stat in the NBA. It is a disputed statistic, but the worry seemed to be that he's too much of a little guy. Plus-Minus says that the Celtics have their best team when Isaiah plays.

I think negative people should chill out and smell the roses. Maybe Minnesota has the best future. Maybe, and I say this begrudgingly, the 76ers could have the last laugh.

But we are right there with them, plus we already showed we can win 48 games.

Brooklyn is the gift that keeps on giving? It's the fireworks that never end?

I don't like Kevin Love. I like Howard who many would say ugh not him come on that's nuts. We all have our opinions and are speculating a million different things that could happen. The problem is the waiting. We are basketball addicts. I'm very curious who stays and who goes. Waiting and speculation have become the game.

Maybe people were spoiled by the Bird years. Red seemed to snap his fingers and voila, it's from worst to first.

The KG-Ray year happened quickly.

All we can do is live in the present and as far as I can see right now, we have been blessed by the basketball gods.