Author Topic: 2024 NBA Season and Playoffs  (Read 495742 times)

Neurotic Guy, rocknrollforyoursoul, CelticsPoetry and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.

Re: 2024 NBA Season and Playoffs
« Reply #5955 on: April 23, 2024, 09:26:56 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2418
It is nice to finally see Eric Gordon again. He was killing it in the first half. Then his coached iced him from the game. He was one of their best players tonight.

E Gordon came out with 8min still to play in Q2. He is only getting back in now late in Q3. Despite being of their best players tonight. Terrible decision by the coach.

« Reply #5956 on: April 23, 2024, 09:29:53 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3012
  • On To Banner 18!
He might still be hurt but Haliburton looks like a complete shell of himself from the first half of the year, especially that in-season tournament run. He's also scared to shoot now which is odd
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #5957 on: April 23, 2024, 09:30:34 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
MIL getting a lot of friendly whisltes. Refs looking out for them tonight. Getting away with clear defensive fouls. Getting touch calls on the other end.

« Reply #5958 on: April 23, 2024, 09:33:57 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
He might still be hurt but Haliburton looks like a complete shell of himself from the first half of the year, especially that in-season tournament run. He's also scared to shoot now which is odd

I don't disagree ... but still, I feel like crying whenever he doesn't have the ball. He is only guy I trust on that team to make good decisions tonight. Everything works better when he touches it.

McConnell was awful. Nembhard invisible. Siakam constantly breaks the offense and goes one-on-one. He'll get his but nobody does.

Haliburton is the only guy getting others involved.

« Reply #5959 on: April 23, 2024, 09:35:55 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

I don't disagree ... but still, I feel like crying whenever he doesn't have the ball. He is only guy I trust on that team to make good decisions tonight. Everything works better when he touches it.

McConnell was awful. Nembhard invisible. Siakam constantly breaks the offense and goes one-on-one. He'll get his but nobody does.

Haliburton is the only guy getting others involved.

I mean that's kind of my point. You're right, but part of that is also him shooting the ball and scoring points for the Pacers. It can't all be Siakam. Haliburton needs to provide it as well.

That was a pretty good half from the Pacers. Hope they have a stronger 2nd half to seal it.

« Reply #5960 on: April 23, 2024, 09:37:19 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
Feels like Siakam is having a "big-boy" moment beating up on Milwaukee while Giannis is out. Connaughton, Portis, an old broken down Middleton, an old broken down Crowder.

If Giannis comes back, Siakam will disappear. Siakam has never been able to cover Giannis one-on-one.

« Reply #5961 on: April 23, 2024, 09:38:40 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
Stupid foul by Towns

He has been brilliant in boosting Minny's offense in Q3.

« Reply #5962 on: April 23, 2024, 09:39:24 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
I keep forgetting Bradley Beal is on this Suns team. But it's pretty easy to forget since he feels mostly like a non-factor for them. Also injured quite often during the season. Definitely not Wizards-Beal but that's expected with the other talented guys on the team (Booker, KD)

I'll admit he's doing well for them defensively today though.

« Reply #5963 on: April 23, 2024, 09:40:39 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
I keep forgetting Bradley Beal is on this Suns team. But it's pretty easy to forget since he feels mostly like a non-factor for them. Also injured quite often during the season. Definitely not Wizards-Beal but that's expected with the other talented guys on the team (Booker, KD)

I'll admit he's doing well for them defensively today though.

Beal doesn't get enough touches / shots next to Booker and Durant. Those medium efficiency high volume scorers like Beal do not make good 3rd options. Bad fit.

« Reply #5964 on: April 23, 2024, 09:44:09 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
This is not a "oh the Wolves are so great on defense" situation. We've watched this exact same level of confusion and discombobulated play from these same players not matter who they're up against.

Our big three are a complete waste of money. If they can't play when it counts then trade them all. We can use the money for young hungry kids who play hard! At least that would be entertaining.

Durant and Booker should both be traded if they lose this series. Neither has stepped up to this point in a Game 2 they desperately need. Why pay over $100 million for them when guys making less than half are clearly outplaying them on both ends. Walker and McDaniels are outplaying Durant and Booker on offense and shutting them down on defense

Smells like a sweep. This team is just bad. The decision to not have a real point guard is looking disastrous!

I know it’s the obvious but I can’t believe this far along in the year we look like a team without a plan or scheme still. Just clunky basketball all around

I am enjoying the Suns comments!

« Reply #5965 on: April 23, 2024, 09:50:30 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
Booker has been so sloppy tonight ... and he's still been the best of their Big 3.

« Reply #5966 on: April 23, 2024, 09:52:35 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
What the heck type of offensive set was that?

Booker just held the ball for like 8-10 secs and didn't move.

« Reply #5967 on: April 23, 2024, 09:53:13 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
There's the Pacers we've seen before. Quick and athletic to start the 3rd, now up 11.

The Bucks are old, the young Pacers legs should be able to outrun them and kill them in transition

« Reply #5968 on: April 23, 2024, 09:54:37 PM »

Online blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1490
McDaniels just really playing well for the TWolves....
Suns look really bad.

« Reply #5969 on: April 23, 2024, 09:54:42 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
Man, that Minny/Denver series is going to be fire.

If the Wolves’ role players are going to score like this, they have a legit shot of knocking off Denver with that elite D.