Author Topic: Kemba and flu  (Read 1264 times)

Kemba and flu
« on: January 20, 2020, 06:55:54 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
Kemba missed three consecutive games and he is an iron man, Jaylen had to go to hospital.
Kemba stated he is just starting to feel better.
Marcus had three weeks with that eye infection and lost about 8 lbs.
A team that has to play defence at a high level and play small can suffer more from this type of illness its just
time its takes to get 100%. And the Celts live or die on 100%.
We had a defensive minded team with Rollie Massimino and hit a bout of flu-we were undefeated and then lost three of four by 1 or two points and a half court buzzer beater. To teams we previously badly beaten our defence was a step slow and offense a mess.
I will never forget trying to play sick, then weakened and how it effected a team effort with players in different stages of recovery.

It is going around in England an I am just over it .It seems everybody is comparing symptoms, severity and time it takes to feel better .

Not making excuses but a undersized team that relies on 110% on defence and ball movement and timing on offense with this recent schedule--it is no wonder

« Last Edit: January 20, 2020, 07:04:45 AM by rollie mass »

Re: Kemba and flu
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2020, 09:27:32 AM »

Offline mobilija

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 622
Can always count on you to remind us of the human factor, Rollie. Love ur posts, keep it up! TP

Let’s hope for better health (...for everybody...) and better continuity for the Celtics. Can’t wait for the bounce back game!

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2020, 09:33:06 AM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
Yeah, I think fans tend to forget that these guys are human.
Been frustrating to watch the team underperform, but I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt and look forward to when the team gets healthy and start rolling like we know they can.

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2020, 09:45:25 AM »

Offline CF033

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74
Great post! I do agree that this team has been battling with players in various levels of sickness recently. It's tough to lose to bad teams but hopefully we are mending as a whole and the beginning of the season is actually the norm.

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2020, 12:30:51 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
All this tells me is don't visit Boston or you ll,get sick  :)